FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diablo II Players Here?

Play?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Kinda, but its getting old :/
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Ryox
Anyone here play Diablo II?

I play USWest (Ladder)
QrafTee
I used to... long long long time ago when SOJ were actually rare and used as currency.
Ryox
Yea I know, but D3 is gonna come out soon of what everyone is saying.
QrafTee
Ryox wrote:
"Soon," "on time", and "early" are not words that are usually associated with Blizzard. You're looking at... probably a 2012-13 release... Maybe 12/21/2012 if they can help it to play on the whole "the world is ending" theme.
Ryox
QrafTee wrote:
Ryox wrote:
"Soon," "on time", and "early" are not words that are usually associated with Blizzard. You're looking at... probably a 2012-13 release... Maybe 12/21/2012 if they can help it to play on the whole "the world is ending" theme.

That. I can understand because how they can handle D3 when they can't even handle D3 with all the bots in it..

My question is, How are they going to be able to kill all the bots, and have it a peaceful game if they release it, and not have it monitored?
Diablosblizz
I think you're referring to NPC's, well there are going to be NPC's in Diablo... I'd like to see a mid-2010 release, but that probably won't happen. I do, however, expect (nay, demand) a Starcraft 2 release in 2010. DEMAND!
pll
Can't wait til' Diablo III comes out !!
QrafTee
Diablosblizz wrote:
I think you're referring to NPC's, well there are going to be NPC's in Diablo... I'd like to see a mid-2010 release, but that probably won't happen. I do, however, expect (nay, demand) a Starcraft 2 release in 2010. DEMAND!
No, he means bots. Basically applications which allows one to program set commands in certain situations which then has the application play your character for you over and over again to collect rare/unique/set weapons and armor pieces.
Diablosblizz
QrafTee wrote:
No, he means bots. Basically applications which allows one to program set commands in certain situations which then has the application play your character for you over and over again to collect rare/unique/set weapons and armor pieces.

Otherwise known as "hacking." There's bots in Diablo 2, so I figure there will be bots in D3.
Ryox
Diablosblizz wrote:
QrafTee wrote:

Otherwise known as "hacking." There's bots in Diablo 2, so I figure there will be bots in D3.

I heard that Diablo 3 is gonna be more Monitored than D2 was. Like WoW for instances, They are trying to focus on the newer games, and expansions for the newer games that they release.

They don't always want people to bot, and use spam bots, but D2 was so out of control on their handling that, websites were releasing hack programs to use to get around the warden when the warden was on. Well. I hope D3 won't be like this, It would mess up the point of it being released in the first place.
Skinetic
I play it atleast once a month ( Once I start it'll be a one week marathon or so.. ), Although not online.
achowles
I used to play it a huge amount. But not anymore. The Assassin was my favourite class if even for no other reason than her ability to go toe to toe with almost any enemy in the game (including bosses) and win fairly easily. The combo attacks were a welcome inclusion as well though.

Oh and by the way, don't expect Diablo 3 until 2012 at the absolute earliest.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
Oh and by the way, don't expect Diablo 3 until 2012 at the absolute earliest.

Even though I hate saying this, but: Blizzard should take as LONG as they want to make the quality games that they do. That's why I'm seriously hoping Starcraft 2 is epic cause they've had like 10 years now. Razz
Dean_The_Great
I used to play Diablo II a lot, but that time is passed. However when D3 comes out (whenever that is) I'm gonna be all over it!
QrafTee
Ryox wrote:
Diablosblizz wrote:
QrafTee wrote:

I heard that Diablo 3 is gonna be more Monitored than D2 was. Like WoW for instances, They are trying to focus on the newer games, and expansions for the newer games that they release.

They don't always want people to bot, and use spam bots, but D2 was so out of control on their handling that, websites were releasing hack programs to use to get around the warden when the warden was on. Well. I hope D3 won't be like this, It would mess up the point of it being released in the first place.
I hope they don't block windowed mode or alt + tab while in game.
achowles
Diablosblizz wrote:
Even though I hate saying this, but: Blizzard should take as LONG as they want to make the quality games that they do. That's why I'm seriously hoping Starcraft 2 is epic cause they've had like 10 years now. Razz

Length of time doesn't necessarily guarantee a good game. But Blizzard usually do a good job of polishing their games. Even if they're somewhat graphically outdated by the time they're finally released, their games are still made all the more timeless for it.

Diablo 3 should be good. But I can't help but feel that both it and Starcraft are going to be negatively impacted by WoW. Both in terms of delays caused by prioritising WoW and the influences from WoW affecting Diablo 3's development choices. What Blizzard need to remember is that what works in one game won't necessarily work in another.
DeltaM
I played it for a loooooong time ago. It was a fun game u but it's getting a bit old nowadays but I'm realy looking forward to the new Diablo 3 . Will buy it the moment it gets out Very Happy