FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Windows 7 have Support for accessories

k_s_baskar
Hi,
I am using windows xp and wish to upgrade it to windows 7 before upgrading i wish to know does windows 7 have support for peripherals like hp1018 lj, umax scanner etc. and also i heard that this OS works in older systems like PIII, Is it True?
Smile
HalfBloodPrince
It's compatible with pretty much everything Vista was, and more. If it does give problems you can set the setup for a driver to run in compatibility with XP or Vista.
ForceRun
It should fine. Remember that win 7 is not really a new system but more like a very clean running win visita sp3. Most drivers and apps that worked with visita should be fine for win 7.
k_s_baskar
The thing is some of my friends says that windows 7 will also work even with systems like PIII (?!). Is there is any compact mode of windows 7 to work systems like pIII.
mOrpheuS
k_s_baskar wrote:
The thing is some of my friends says that windows 7 will also work even with systems like PIII (?!). Is there is any compact mode of windows 7 to work systems like pIII.

It works, of course. Why wouldn't it ?
So does Windows Vista and Windows server 2008 data center edition. Wink
However, barely "working" might not be satisfactory enough.

And no, there doesn't exist such thing as a "compact mode" of Windows 7, or of any other version of Windows for that matter. (atleast not officially)
The only thing close to the "compact mode" would be the starter / basic editions of Windows 7, which are nothing but the same package with few features disabled.
On a old-ish hardware like a P3 you could probably have a passable desktop experience with 512 MB RAM, but I (or MS) wouldn't recommend it.