FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How effective is social bookmarking??

metalfreek
I am wondering how effective will it be to submit my posts to sites like digg, propeller, etc etc??
christaker
Social bookmarking is recommended for new sites to get indexed quickly. It has a great ability to reach the search engines by using viral marketing and popular opinion, social bookmarking allows you to discover what is important before a bot can spider the site and rank among the thousands of sites available.
dude_xyx
Those most popular social bookmarking sites will give you traffic but the quality of this traffic is not very good.
Abhishukla
SEO optimization is the best ways to make the new sites most popular.
and also the social bookmarking plays a very imp role into it.
cheese
Social bookmarking plays a very small role in how much traffic you will receive for your website, but any free traffic is good right? I recommend using social bookmarking on all of your websites just for the fact that it is free.
desinet1
Social traffic is only short lived. For long term, Search Engines are the king.
NileHadwards
As of me,For getting good benefit from bookmarking we should submit in high PR sites which have do follow link.
maicoprince
Before you start to push the traffic, you need to create your profile strong social bookmarking. You should have as much fans as possible, you need a reputation of trusted source. You can do this by publishing new content and quality. After a while you can put your link, but only occasionally. Do not spam people with it.
the-guide
I submit to social bookmarking sites just for back linking, the conversion rate of traffic from social
bookmarking sites is very low.

maicoprince wrote:
Before you start to push the traffic, you need to create your profile strong social bookmarking. You should have as much fans as possible, you need a reputation of trusted source. You can do this by publishing new content and quality. After a while you can put your link, but only occasionally. Do not spam people with it.

Do you mean "social networking sites" not "social bookmarking sites"?

I think this way is best for "social networking sites" like "Facebook" and "Twitter" not for social
bookmarking sites. Social bookmarking are the sites where we can get more score from inbound
links to our sites.

Lsindo
Social bookmarking sites like Digg, reddit don't offer do-follow links. But they offer a large number of web traffic. By submitting your story on sites like these, you can make your story popular and can drive heavy traffic to your website. As you know the story needs to be useful for the readers. If your story is worthy you can expect traffic, otherwise there will be no result.
tamilparks
all the information's are very useful for me also
mugundhan
metalfreek wrote:
I am wondering how effective will it be to submit my posts to sites like digg, propeller, etc etc??

it depends on how well you are building the links
prcys
As social bookmarking very helpful for getting many backlinks and help to get our site more known. And dig , reddit , squidoo these all are most popular site for social bookmarking.
vidafenomenal
how effective depends on how you use.
sledge32
The benifits of using social bookmarking sites is to get your site index quickly, the search engines crawl these sites daily looking for new content to index so by submitting your site it will be picked up quickly.
bacati55
Hi

Social Bookmarking is a technique of creating or building back links for your website in order to post your site's URL to various public sites.
It helps in page rank optimization and increase in page visits.

Thanks
A2zchild
savable
social bookmarking is very effective and fast output giving technique used in seo. If we use social bookmarking in proper way and on high page ranked sites it will give us good results.
sowmya
The social bookmarking is one of the easiest method of seo, which is really very much helpful in getting more back links to your websites. It helps not only to get high traffic to your websites, it also helps in getting good keyword rankings in most of the search engines. It also provides a viable alternative. But this methods is quite time consuming.
savable
so what is the best one is organic seo ? If we want rapid results what should we do instead of PPC.
mamatha
High page rank bookmarking site will improve your websites.
martinsherman
Social Bookmarking is useful for increase Page Rank and Keywords ranking because SB submission is fast approved. If you do social bookmarking in Dofollow sites then they gives you the backlinks. And it is very helpful to increase traffic on your site.
likeabreeze
I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that, try your best to impress your visitors the first time they browse your website, i.e. make them fall in love with your site at first sight.
If your visitors were left a bad impression at their first visit, chances are that they would never come back.
Nyasro
good for SEO
raaeft1
Are there any good social bookmarking sites in India?
Are there any plug-ins in WordPress to facilitate social bookmarking?
dude_xyx
raaeft1 wrote:
Are there any good social bookmarking sites in India?
Are there any plug-ins in WordPress to facilitate social bookmarking?

You can try Onlywire WP plugin. I'm not sure if it working anymore. Their service now cost $9 per month even though it used to be free.
raaeft1
I was wondering whether Google Bookmarking is the same as social bookmarking and how will it help in generating backlinks to my site.
alexjones
There are many sites which users use to bookmark the best of content from web like Delicious, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon and many others. These sites are not only useful for users, but for site owners such bookmarking sites are very effective.
tis-ites.com/seo.html
mishainfotech
Social bookmarking is very effective as it gives good results like Digg, Squido, Delicious, Redit etc.
playfungames
This post was made way back in 2009. Back then it really helped when you along with other people bookmarked your pages. Now in 2014, the scenario has changed by a lot. The number of pure social bookmarking websites such as Delicious, Stumbleupon etc are going down in terms of popularity. You could bookmark your pages in those websites but you might not get a good amount of traffic from them.

However, the focus has shifted to sharing links on Social Network. Top social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google Plus etc are quite good in providing us traffic. If a lot of people share your website on those social networks specially Facebook and Twitter, you have higher chances of getting lots of referral traffic from social networks.

So, if you are interested in getting lot of social traffic, make sure that you write a good content and make it easy for people to share them on social networks. Having share buttons on your web pages helps. Best of luck in getting some social network traffic.
jamesparker
Book marking is effective no doubt. I use to do book mark my links.
egemen_i
Well social bookmarking is great way to start to get indexed, however it's not enough to get you on top positions. After working on social bookmarking i suggest you to find high pr blogs which you can comment below articles. From my experiences, i think commenting (dropping anchor link if possible) on high pr blogs is the best free way to rise your rank on google even if most of them are no-follow.
JohnJenkins
They are only good for getting traffic. You may need other techniques just forget bookmarking.