FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cheney Failed to Answer 72 FBI Questions

handfleisch
I wonder if he'll lead the next Tea Party or run for Prez. He sure seems like a model right wing Republican...

Quote:
Cheney Failed to Answer 72 FBI Questions
Documents from Interview in Valerie Plame Case Show Vice President was Unclear on Many Points, Big and Small

(AP) Federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald famously declared in the Valerie Plame affair that "there is a cloud over the vice president." Last week's release of an FBI interview summary of Dick Cheney's answers in the criminal investigation underscores why Fitzgerald felt that way.

On 72 occasions, according to the 28-page FBI summary, Cheney equivocated to the FBI during his lengthy May 2004 interview, saying he could not be certain in his answers to questions about matters large and small in the Plame controversy.

The Cheney interview reflects a team of prosecutors and FBI agents trying to find out whether the leaks of Plame's CIA identity were orchestrated at the highest level of the White House and carried out by, among others, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's chief of staff.

Among the most basic questions for Cheney in the Plame probe: How did Libby find out that the wife of Bush administration war critic Joseph Wilson worked at the CIA?

entire article http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/02/politics/main5491257.shtml
yagnyavalkya
So what many people have failed to answer FBI question in fact the FBI it self has failed to answer many of the questions asked by the general public
deanhills
The process of investigation took more than three years, the alleged "perjury" happened at the beginning of 2004. Wonder how many other indictments are in the process of being formulated as obviously with his inclination of talking too much he must have been responsible for many more major indiscretions and irresponsible actions like these. Guess Cheney is going to be too busy with court cases to be able to join Tea Parties or to participate in elections.