FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

whitening teeth, does it work

speeDemon
I recently saw a video on youtube, in which a person took some baking powder, along with some strawberries and mushed them around.. and the video said that the mixture will help in whitening teeth.

I myself think that this is stupid, and you'd probably get nowhere by using this method.. but what do you think...
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
I recently saw a video on youtube, in which a person took some baking powder, along with some strawberries and mushed them around.. and the video said that the mixture will help in whitening teeth.

I myself think that this is stupid, and you'd probably get nowhere by using this method.. but what do you think...
Sounds quite messy. The bicarbonate of soda should be good, but probably the best solution for getting white teeth would be to see a dentist who can advise of treatments that are available. There are so many "treatments' that are being advertised, even on the Internet these days, I think one should be very careful as some of the ingredients contain high percentage bleach agents that can be harmful for gums.
icesuga
I'd would certainly agree with deah hills, that method really sounds silly =/ but if you want teeth whitening, suggest on seeing a professional AKA dentist for solutions, right now currently there are heaps of bad internet, tv ads... esp in Chinese tv :S
speeDemon
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:

Sounds quite messy. The bicarbonate of soda should be good, but probably the best solution for getting white teeth would be to see a dentist who can advise of treatments that are available. There are so many "treatments' that are being advertised, even on the Internet these days, I think one should be very careful as some of the ingredients contain high percentage bleach agents that can be harmful for gums.

kk, I guess thats true.. theres a lot of garbage on the net..
bsbteng
Best Whitening For Teeth
While it might seem difficult to believe, many of the most common beverages and foods can discolor your white teeth and make them seem duller and darker than they should.

With teeth whitening being a very popular procedure and everyone wanting a white smile, it makes sense to learn what the most damaging foods are and learning how to avoid them to make your white teeth last longer.

Getting stains on your teeth is a common occurrence, especially if you have certain dietary habits. These stains can start accumulating first thing in the morning if you happen to start your day with a cup of coffee.

Whether you use decaf or regular, you can be sure that your teeth will be picking up stains from that cup of joe. At the same time as your coffee, you may be taking in other foods that are equally harmful.

Happen to enjoy a blueberry muffin or sprinkling your cereal with berries? Any berry product has the potential to keep your teeth from looking their whitest. Of course, berries are also very good for you, so you need to balance your white teeth with your health.

Your tooth harming routine can continue right throughout the day. Maybe with lunch you decide to drink some juice to up your fruit content and get some fluids. If you choose a juice like grape juice, your teeth may remind you of it later.

Even if you choose just to drink some tea, you are risking darker, dingier teeth. And, when dinner comes around, a glass of wine or a drink of soda is often called for. However, both of these beverages are known tooth stainers.

Plus, if you choose to have a dessert that contains any food coloring, you may also be harming the white color of your teeth.