FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

speeDemon
So, are you waiting for it?? will you watch it?
by looking at the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQkTQ1foSU I guess everyone will like to watch it atleast once.. and the 3D is just sooo realistic, it blows my mind!

plus, its near to christmas time! yay!
r4inm4ker
Sure! and be sure to watch it in stereoscopic (3D) mode because the camera movement and design in this film are really geared toward the 3D experience! can't wait for the premiere night!
menino
wow, this is friggin amazing.
I'm sure to love it.
Can't wait for it.
tony
Just hope it doesn't end up being a movie with great graphics and a terrible plot....
rogue_skydragon
knowing the work james cameron has put out in the past, a lame plot shouldn't be something we should be worrying about
vmvamshi01
james work was awesome and the trailer is splendid

the film gonna release on dec 18th
pelatros
Yes I have been waiting for it too.. I have watched the trailer alot of times.. it is great..
silverdown
I plan to see it as well, looks good with alot of action. Smile
desonium
The trailer is very good Cool
I think I will gonna watch him with some friends. Cool
crimson_aria
I saw the trailer just recently on the theatre and I loved it! I am definitely watching this.
eday2010
tony wrote:
Just hope it doesn't end up being a movie with great graphics and a terrible plot....

That is what it is. The story was garbage.
rogue_skydragon
I keep hearing that Avatar's story is simply a rehashing of Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves. I haven't seen the movie yet, but hopefully it isn't as bad as people say.
eday2010
It's a rehashing of a lot of movies. There is almost nothing original in the story itself.
driftingfe3s
eday2010 wrote:
tony wrote:

That is what it is. The story was garbage.

I agree. So many people kept saying how good it was. I went to see it with my girlfriend and she fell asleep for a few mins near the begining. I thought it was more eye candy than anything else. The plot was indeed unoriginal and very easy to predict.
r4inm4ker
The story is pretty simple, but quite engaging (not too boring). The point of this movie is actually about the world Pandorra with its rich environment and wonderful colors. Also you need to watch it in 3D to feel to fully feel it. I think moviemakers wouldn't take too much risk putting too complicated plots into a movie with 300 million plus budget.
yagnyavalkya
The movies is good the plot is not bad and just what do people want in terms of plot?
_AVG_
Although the movie is one like "been there, done that" with a very predictable plot and storyline, I would say the graphical experience is worth it.

And the 3D Effects are just awesome!

I think 3-dimensional movies are not only a great advanced in technology as far as virtual reality is concerned but also an indication of a very bright future in the field of entertainment - it's like a door to a new form of entertainment has opened up ...
tchaunt
I sort of agree about the plot. Sort of. The skeleton of the plot is predictable. But really, who would have guessed that the giant-blue-rodent/felines would have fiber optics that link them to other species of the planet, including plants. There were underlying details in the plot that made the plot actually good, but in order to appreciate the movie, had had to truly be watching the movie, not just watching its graphics. I must say, though, the graphics were great.
rogue_skydragon
This movie has gone up to fourth place on the All-Time Domestic Box Office in just 5 weeks. That's insane! It's only trailing behind Star Wars, Dark Knight, and Titanic.
slashnburn99
up to 60 million in sales already, said on the radio yesterday

Mama Mia! is first in total sales 80 million i think
metalfreek
I have watched it too. The characters are not that appealing. May be a bit could have been done with the face.

Other then that it is a fantastic movie to watch. Great visual and sound effect. I have to say that this was the best movie that I have watched in recent 6 months. And BTW, i watch movie a lot.
LostOverThere
Quote:

Yeah, that plot was absolute rubbish. A total joke. That being said, the atmosphere was truly breathtaking.

Oh well, at least it was better then Titanic! *Shudders*
GoldenBabbler
I ended up seeing the movie at an IMAX theater. All I have to say is that after the rush feeling of the sound and amazing graphics subsided the movie was pretty boring.
snowboardalliance
I'd agree that the plot was nothing new but the visuals were very good. Not like one of my favorite movies but worth seeing. Also good in 3D. I like that it's 3D without being overdone, i.e. you don't notice it's 3D after a while nor does it give you a headache or look bad. Very nice effects
todabeat
in wanna see this movie so bad..
ive been told that its not good.

but i think that its because its probably too long

but i been told not to watch certain movies and i end up loving them.
Radar
I've heard repeatedly the general vibe of 'the effects are awesome! the story is terrible, but the effects are awesome!'

Strangely, as a sci-fi person, this movie doesn't seem to attract me that much. I've recently been told by a friend that I should really see it in 3D while I still can, but I'm unsure. Just doesn't yet seem worthwhile.
Xanify
I thought the story was boring and predictable, except for the very end where they actually win. The graphics reminded me strongly of a couple of Outlands zones in World of Warcraft. I don't know if that made me like them more or less. Razz

The 3D part doesn't add all that much to it though - I saw it in both regular and 3D and it was better in 3D, sure, but not so much better that it totally blew me away. Plus in regular 2D you don't have to contend with the stupid uncomfortable glasses.
crimson_aria
I enjoyed the film for the graphics especially since it's on 3D, but I must say it's not a film I'd watch again. It's a good movie, but not with a high rewatch value, in my opinion.
babarus
i was bored watching avatar .... it-s so predictable
ahnguye5
Although the storyline was predictable; it was a great movie nonetheless. Definitely a must watch in IMAX 3D. Make sure to distingiush from regular 3D unless you're fine with viewing through the flimsy, plastic, childish glasses as opposed to the harder, goggle-like glasses that are used to view the IMAX 3D. I cannot comment on any differences in quality, if any, as I did not watch 3D, a friend of mine did.
shamankiing
Really nice movie, the background/scene was really beautiful!!! i had watch it for several time... haha... Very Happy

The story begins:
When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland. In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora. And bla bla bla bla....................
menino
Yes, I watched it in IMAX 3D last month, and loved it.
Amazing movie, although some of the parts were cliche and predictable, but overall, it was really great still.

Waiting for the torrent to download and watch it again on normal screen (many times). Laughing
shamankiing
menino wrote:
Yes, I watched it in IMAX 3D last month, and loved it.
Amazing movie, although some of the parts were cliche and predictable, but overall, it was really great still.

Waiting for the torrent to download and watch it again on normal screen (many times). Laughing

i had download already via rapidshare lo! hehe...
Rajiev
Just saw a mail with the latest motion capture techniqs they've being using for avatar Surprised

So impressing , yet so obvious this should have ebing hte technology .

But My point ( and worry ) is that will this technology replacve human actors in the future... ?
for good...
camperkid
Great visuals and truely a technological breakthrough, just a shame they couldn't come up with an original storyline, but I guess that's hollywood.
dude_xyx
I have to say I like this movie a lot. I think it has to be one of the greatest movies I have watched.
gandalfthegrey
I don't get the popularity of this movie. I can't get my mind around how the characters look creepy.
ashishmundhra
The movie was gr8 .. completely mind blowing
Rajiev
I cant see why people are complaining about the story line :S

As to the Avatar website, they have a pretty good and sound storyline. They even have description of the future machines they use :O
muson
a full visual feast
cybersa
I like this movie.
LostOverThere
Rajiev wrote:
I cant see why people are complaining about the story line :S

It's just so incredibly generic and stale. The story has been done a dozen times and is really just pure cheese and tripe.
rogue_skydragon
In all honesty, I thought this movie sucked balls.

I know its box office earnings probably say otherwise, but I just really don't like the film.

The 3D was incredibly unnecessary, and even as a 2D film, it just looked like a glorified video game with a plot that wasn't even that engaging or original. It's basically Pocahontas...in 3D...on an alien planet.
celebi269
I never had the chance to watch in theaters. I just watched it when StarMovies released it. It was epic. The graphics are very well-planned (and of course awesome) and the story was very good.
Tesa323
Movie was good plot not so good
Blummer
Interesting how I felt about this film when it came out. I hardly watched it 3 times, not because I haven't enjoyed it. I think the story is too obvious. Maybe it's just better to consider this film being a fairy tale, not fantasy or anything else. The film is overall quite overrated, but yeah, after all, at least the designs are not. I can see why people love this film and the beauty of it.
Laro696
Fake and gay movie.
Its way overrated. Was too boring to even finish the movie
Blummer
Listening to the soundtrack now

Bluedoll
speeDemon wrote:
So, are you waiting for it?? will you watch it?
by looking at the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQkTQ1foSU I guess everyone will like to watch it atleast once.. and the 3D is just sooo realistic, it blows my mind!

plus, its near to christmas time! yay!
I liked that movie. I think I will WATCH it again and again and again. Laughing
dxverm
This was an overall good movie, good story, good graphics, a must watch in my opinion.
Pippo90
Quite an old movie now, but yeah, it was nice. Wink
mshafiq
I love this movie also.it is excellent movie
codersfriend
Very nice movie. They say it just beat the Titanic.
By the way an honest trailer has been made for laughs. check it out Smile