FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

some photos with my new camera

mattyj
got a new camera for my 30th (yikes im old) off my wife and kids

canon eos 1000d (otherwise known as the rebel XS)

got sent into Melbourne for a work course (i live in a small town of 200 people about 4 hours east of melbourne) and being bored in the motel room one night i went out and took some pics with the new camera

Melbourne's south bank

St Pauls cathederal

Flinders St train station

thanks for looking Cool
MM357
Great shots .. I like the second one most .. although they all look great.

In the first shot, reflections and city lights makes a great scene, but what made me prefer the second is that this scene seems to be cut from top-left and left sides.

The second one however seems to be better in this issue, there some city lights here too (not as much as first but keeps the feeling of a "big city at night" shot).. aside from all is the biggest advantage in the shot : of course the building of the cathedral .. this scene is fantastic, congratulations

Although the building in the third shot is great too, and I think you tried to have a good location and adjust the photo borders with the scene lines, it still seems that something is missing .. maybe the building is not enough to be alone in the picture,

Anyway .. great work, and I am really looking forward to see more great shots as you get used to your new Camera, just hope that you license your photos under a creative commons license or something like that, I am sure that many people were want to reuse this work and make attribution to you.
speeDemon
wow, great photos! never get one of those with cybershots!!
Is there some specific mode you used..?

btw, I had to buy a new professional camera for my sis, and well she wanted one of sony's alpha series models.. what would your recommendation be??
mattyj
MM357 wrote:
Great shots .. I like the second one most .. although they all look great.

In the first shot, reflections and city lights makes a great scene, but what made me prefer the second is that this scene seems to be cut from top-left and left sides.

The second one however seems to be better in this issue, there some city lights here too (not as much as first but keeps the feeling of a "big city at night" shot).. aside from all is the biggest advantage in the shot : of course the building of the cathedral .. this scene is fantastic, congratulations

Although the building in the third shot is great too, and I think you tried to have a good location and adjust the photo borders with the scene lines, it still seems that something is missing .. maybe the building is not enough to be alone in the picture,

Anyway .. great work, and I am really looking forward to see more great shots as you get used to your new Camera, just hope that you license your photos under a creative commons license or something like that, I am sure that many people were want to reuse this work and make attribution to you.

Thanks for the comments

What do you mean to licence them under a creative commons licence?
mattyj
speeDemon wrote:
wow, great photos! never get one of those with cybershots!!
Is there some specific mode you used..?

btw, I had to buy a new professional camera for my sis, and well she wanted one of sony's alpha series models.. what would your recommendation be??

Thanks for the nice comment Smile

Mode i used was shutter priority and adjusted the shutter speed accordingly

The first shot is 10 sec exposure and the 2nd and 3rd are 1/30th second

With the professional camera question, im strictly novice, but i have heard good things about both Canon and Nikon pro cameras , havent heard much about Sonys
catscratches
Creative commons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_commons
http://creativecommons.org/
MM357
mattyj wrote:
What do you mean to licence them under a creative commons licence?

catscratches wrote:
Creative commons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_commons
http://creativecommons.org/

Hope that u read some of the info in Wikipedia, or even in CC site .. Recently I was working on a website layout, I had to search for too many images, royalty free images are not easily found to suit every project's needs, and also every site has its license which sometimes restricts modifying the image without authors approval, although this is not common .. but even when using sites with huge image library, it's not huge at all if compared to Flickr, and also they can't provide an internal search engine such as the one on a site ran by Yahoo! Smile

Flickr allows people to post images under CC licenses, allowing others to use these images in their own work while reserving the rights of the owner.
Ghost900
Your photos have been moved or deleted. Could you re-upload them so we can see them? Smile
zbale
Yep, what happened to the pictures?
metalfreek
Waiting to see some pictures.....
tony
Cannot see the images... can you retry? THanks!
Djfatalm
lol, i would have to rotfl if those were the pictures