FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Awesome signature!!!!

deanhills
Thought this was a really special signature .... Cool

Great stuff Max!!! I love that hammer .... Laughing

Anyone else impressed with signatures, want to show us what they look like?

MOD EDIT: Vrythramax: I edited the image url to Planet Smilies' Website.
ocalhoun
I liked your sigs you had for a while. (I like anything with horses, of course.)
But they're gone now. Crying or Very sad
deanhills
Thanks Ocalhoun. Will reinstate them. I thought they were a little overpowering, so may alternate them from time to time. Smile
Vrythramax
@deanhills

Thanks...I came across it while browsing and I thought it was cool Very Happy

EDIT: Here is the URL for Planet Smilies as promised. They have a bunch of forum related smilies and icons you may find useful...and they allow hotlinking Wink
deanhills
@Max. Thanks for the link! This is really a great Website for smilies, looks like a Moderator's dream, maybe some of the smilies have been designed by a Moderator! The little faces say it all!

I also like:

This is a good one for Ghostrider perhaps?

as in:

standready
Horses! Can someone say "Mister Ed"! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0008.gif

Thanks Vmax for the link
mathiaus
deanhills wrote:
@Max. Thanks for the link! This is really a great Website for smilies, looks like a Moderator's dream, maybe some of the smilies have been designed by a Moderator! The little faces say it all!

Expect to see them a lot now then! Razz

There are a good number of frihosters with odd/unusual but great signatures. They change though and then its hard to remember then Sad
Nameless
The best signature is a nonexistent signature, leaving more space for intellectual and considerate topic discussion.

Uh. >_>
speeDemon
gosh, i never really get any good ones...
Vrythramax
speeDemon wrote:
gosh, i never really get any good ones...

Your sig need not contain any fancy eye-catching graphics to be an awesome sig...just put in a text quote that makes people think (or smile) and you'll have a fantastic sig! Wink
Ghost900
Some of those emotes are kinda cool.

I have seen a number of nice signatures, but when people change it, all of there old posts change as well so it is kinda hard to see the old ones.

Horse signatures are always nice. Smile
missdixy
This post is making me think that it's time I change my signature! I've had mine since I joined pretty much! Smile But anyway, to answer the OP question, I am a fan of ocalhoun's randomizing sigs.
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
This post is making me think that it's time I change my signature! I've had mine since I joined pretty much! Smile But anyway, to answer the OP question, I am a fan of ocalhoun's randomizing sigs.
I also like Ocalhoun's randomizing sigs. I can feel the focus and energy in them, they sort of make me think. I'm wondering whether we should have a competition of sorts one of these days, maybe one competition for the nicest avatar and another for the nicest signature. Perhaps also separate competitions for the nicest Website and nicest blog.
Vrythramax
missdixy wrote:

Maybe you should consider retesting your connection speed dixy...it appears about 2 years old Laughing

P.S. Thanks for registering on my blog Cool
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
missdixy wrote:
I also like Ocalhoun's randomizing sigs. I can feel the focus and energy in them, they sort of make me think. I'm wondering whether we should have a competition of sorts one of these days, maybe one competition for the nicest avatar and another for the nicest signature. Perhaps also separate competitions for the nicest Website and nicest blog.

I thought everybody hated my sig because it was so big... Rolling Eyes
nilsmo
Nameless wrote:
The best signature is a nonexistent signature, leaving more space for intellectual and considerate topic discussion.

Uh. >_>

I second that. Big annoying pictures make a page load slower, take up screen real estate, and I'm not at all interested in seeing a picture of some horse.

But they're not that bad now that I'm kinda used to them.
soljarag
i wonder how long it takes to make the animated ones.... i guess you have to do frame by frame...
deanhills
soljarag wrote:
i wonder how long it takes to make the animated ones.... i guess you have to do frame by frame...
Right, and it is really very easy to do. I use Ulead GIF Animator software. All you have to do is to prepare the actual pics, a number of them, and then add and duplicate them in the GIF show, then save it as a GIF file. In the example of the smilies, what was unique for me was the actual smiles and expressions on the faces. That part was special and an art. The actual putting it all together is easy.
ankitdatashn
Well you people can always make some nice signatures by the GIF animators available out there, anyways I dont have time for signatures to say the least! Wink
Parkour_Jarrod
I actually give the people who make GIF's props, because it takes soo much time and effort...

also makes awesome sick signitures Razz
keppryy
can anyone help me make a cool signature for my account, ****** mine looks boring sorry for the swearing
Vrythramax
keppryy wrote:
can anyone help me make a cool signature for my account, ****** mine looks boring sorry for the swearing

It really depends on what you want in your sig. Do you want graphics? Text? A quotation? There are many Frihosters around would gladly make a custom sig for you. If you can't find what you want for free, you can always try the Marketplace (once you have a some FRIH$'s saved up) and buy one. Wink
Fatality
Its always nice to see new smiles. Maybe its just me, but I get tired of the same old ones after awhile.
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to browse around that site for a bit.
erlendhg
ocalhoun wrote:
I liked your sigs you had for a while. (I like anything with horses, of course.)
But they're gone now. Crying or Very sad

I like yours, ocalhoun. Especially the one with "a proper application of nuclear weapons".
Quite ironical...
tony
deanhills wrote:

I also like:

This is a good one for Ghostrider perhaps?

as in:

Haha; my favourite is the guillotine one - that is awesome!!
mtorregiani
I've just changed my signature...
It's not original, but it's useful to see if frihost is down or not...
deanhills
I don't know how he does it, but MOrpheuS really has an awesome signature that changes every time you refresh the screen. I don't know where he gets the wordings from but they are awesome and right on the number, really good for relaxation and light relief: Laughing Cool :

mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
I don't know where he gets the wordings from but they are awesome and right on the number, really good for relaxation and light relief

Smile
The words are all from "Calvin and Hobbes" - in my opinion, the best comic strip ever. (The face is "Calvin")

Read it here - http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/

The image is generated using a quote randomly selected from a collection of about 150 or so, picked from various strips, which I deemed suitable for (and which fit within) a signature.
deanhills
mOrpheuS wrote:
Read it here - http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/

The image is generated using a quote randomly selected from a collection of about 150 or so, picked from various strips, which I deemed suitable for (and which fit within) a signature.

The way you have done it in your signature is better than the Website. You've selected the cream of all his philosophies. Good way to start my Frihost session .... Laughing

PS: What happened to the Calvin Avatar, that was really a cute one. I liked the way he pulled faces, very energetic and full of wisdom.
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
PS: What happened to the Calvin Avatar, that was really a cute one. I liked the way he pulled faces, very energetic and full of wisdom.

It's only temporary.
After having a certain exchange with my boss, it sounded like fun to have an avatar showing PHB doing his stuff.

But Calvin will be back, eventually.
tony
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
I actually give the people who make GIF's props, because it takes soo much time and effort...

also makes awesome sick signitures Razz

Hehe; I like your signature, Parkour_Jarrod Smile It's a cat!! (I win the contest too :O)

Oh; and are you good... at parkour?