FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nicest place in the world

volvogangster
So, last summer I went to the U.S.A and I saw the most beautiful place in the world.

The Death Valley, I like that place so much

What do you think is the nicest place in the world?
yagnyavalkya
There is nothing called the nicest place in the world all of it is in our imagination that all
any place can be nice if we have the attitude
slashnburn99
Vegas

if i had a top 10, it would be Vegas all the way
pelatros
Nordic countries are the best for me.. Especially sweden.. and if you go north a little more you might have chance to see the nordic lights.. They are great..
Christ0phe
Less known countries. No countries are more or less beautiful than others, it depends what you are at for. I like Chile for example, Chile’s incomparable natural beauty beckons the traveler. The northern region features the enchanting Atacama Desert and innumerable geological wonders such as geysers, hot springs and snow-capped volcanoes. The Lake District in the south, a region that is often compared with Switzerland, is a vast zone of pristine lakeside resorts and rivers that make for a paradise for the fly fisherman. Further to the south lies the rugged Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn at the tip of South America and then, of course, the wilds of Antarctica. But that is just an example that is applicable to lots of different countries.
atleetalie
Definitly Scandinavian or Baltic countries. But every place in the world has it's own beauty.
mikakiev
I was able to imagine something beautiful about the places where you guys told. I will remember these opinions when I've got money and time to travel. Maybe after retirement...
One place I could mention is the Lake district in the UK. The beauty was overwhelming and I visited there 3times.
deanhills
Yemen is a very beautiful country, especially some of the islands around the coast line with the Indian Ocean. Also nice since there aren't that many tourists in the area Smile
guggs
Tring. It's awesome. And a lot closer than Vegas.
guggs
deanhills wrote:
Yemen is a very beautiful country, especially some of the islands around the coast line with the Indian Ocean. Also nice since there aren't that many tourists in the area Smile

Presumably because they're scared of being kidnapped ... you just don't get that problem in Tring. And now that the weather has started to warm up , the gudgeon in the canal will be biting ... "Oh to be in Tring now that Spring is here"
macky
Paris would be the great one for me... Very Happy
standready
Any place but right here.
peacyhell
World is wonderful and beautiful. I think the best place in world are:

1) Switzerland.
2) Paris.
3) Delhi.
4) New York.
5) London.
nigam
the best places for me are: london, new york, bahamas, hawaii, and paris.....
wellerchap
guggs wrote:
Tring. It's awesome. And a lot closer than Vegas.

On behalf of the Tring Tourist Board? Very Happy

I think in truth the best place in the world could be anywhere, so long as you're happy in your skin, and with the people around you.
PlumbobGel
volvogangster wrote:

I think the nicest place in the world is St. Mark's square in Venice. The architecture rises around you, a gorgeous testament to the genius of italian architects. The food is delicious, obviously. The orchestra often plays at one end of the square, and the sounds of classical music mix with the sounds of the hustle and bustle of the vendors, and as the music swells and the vendors shout, my heart FLIES. I can't explain it. It's like I'm one with the world and the world is one with me and I have so much PRIDE in the very seat i'm SITTING in. There's no place like it. There's no place I'd rather be. Sigh. I want to be there right now.
deanhills
PlumbobGel wrote:
volvogangster wrote:

I think the nicest place in the world is St. Mark's square in Venice. The architecture rises around you, a gorgeous testament to the genius of italian architects. The food is delicious, obviously. The orchestra often plays at one end of the square, and the sounds of classical music mix with the sounds of the hustle and bustle of the vendors, and as the music swells and the vendors shout, my heart FLIES. I can't explain it. It's like I'm one with the world and the world is one with me and I have so much PRIDE in the very seat i'm SITTING in. There's no place like it. There's no place I'd rather be. Sigh. I want to be there right now.
It has the same effect on my friends, and I STILL have to get there. When I read a post like yours, then I feel like going tomorrow! Very Happy

Is it as expensive as they say it is?
adri
Nicest place in the world for me: My own house. Razz

I did feel comfortable in Berlin and it was a really nice city to visit but nothing beats my own house. Razz

Like they say in my country: "East West, Home is the Best"

Personal Statement: I hate traveling. Razz

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
Nicest place in the world for me: My own house. Razz

I did feel comfortable in Berlin and it was a really nice city to visit but nothing beats my own house. Razz

Like they say in my country: "East West, Home is the Best"

Personal Statement: I hate traveling. Razz

adri
You sound like a guy with his feet solidly planted on earth. I envy guys like that. I'm always restless and need to travel to the next place. End result. I don't have a home. I do have a home of sorts, but am temporarily stationed where I am in the UAE. My parents have both passed away. Although I have family ties in South Africa, the closest to home feels where I am, which can be anywhere in the world.

I'm trying to figure out where the best place would be in the world from a health point of view. The UAE is not healthy, and the climate is very harsh. I'm usually very hardy in that I can deal with any environment, but after ten years here, I'm starting to develop environmental type problems like eye infections, hair that is falling out etc. The quality of air is really bad. I spend most of the day in air-conditioned environment and the air-conditioning system at work has not been cleaned in years. My water comes from bottles, that may have been transported in an open truck in temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. So obviously chemicals must have leached into the water. Etc.

So I'm looking for a place anywhere in the world, either high above sea level, or near the sea, where there is not too much humidity, the quality of air and water is great. The water should have lots of minerals in it coming from the rock formations in the area that the water comes from. I remember when I was living in a small town in South Africa, that there was plenty of dolomite rock. The water was hard, but it must have been the healthiest water I know off.

I would like the place to be safe so that I don't have to walk around with a gun. There should be good dentists and medical services around. It would also be nice for it to be slightly cosmopolitan, as I like a mix of cultures. I also need a place with good postal and courier services, as I am planning to have an online business (that I also have to think through as I'm completely clueless what it will be as yet).

I'm not interested in living in the United States. Definitely not the UK, and Europe may be too expensive. Also not South Africa as the crime rate is too high there. Maybe South Amerca (but where?). I guess I should do some research one of these days, but in the meanwhile any suggestions would be much appreciated.
adri
@deanhills: Maybe you should open a new topic about that (even just for fun). Smile I would say, that Scandinavia would be a nice place for you. No high violence rate, a lot of nature, good health care, etc. If you live, like 20km of the capital (Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki or other big cities like Göteborg, Malmo, Trondheim, Bergen etc.), you do have enough medical facilities nearby if needed but maintaining the more calmer residential areas as a normal living environment. Smile (You should actually ask catscratches or spinout for more detailed info about Scandinavia Razz I'm just saying how thinks look in Scandinavia from my point of view)

Alaska seems pretty similar although they probably have the same health care as the USA, so that's a big minus. Confused

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:

Alaska seems pretty similar although they probably have the same health care as the USA, so that's a big minus. Confused

adri
Alaska has horse flies! Horse flies like to eat human flesh. So think I will nix that one. I have never thought about Scandinavian countries as I've always thought their cost of living would be very high, but will certainly check them out. Thanks for your suggestion Very Happy
loyal
pelatros wrote:
Nordic countries are the best for me.. Especially sweden.. and if you go north a little more you might have chance to see the nordic lights.. They are great..

What's sweden like? I've been wondering for a while... Nothing like a first-hand account!

Peace.
mikeperhem1
Florida is the nicest place in the world.