FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reinstalling Microsoft.net Framework

weableandbob
One of my games stopped working today, and all the forum topics seem to point to the .net framework, and they suggest reinstalling it. Before I do, though, I just wanted to make sure that reinstalling wouldn't hurt anything, and also to make sure that I have to do it in the right order (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5). Anyone know?
tdossi
it is installed under WINDOWS\Microsoft. NET\Framework\in a folder according to the version number.
In this folder is also instal.exe, e.g., C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft. NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0\install.exe

This is also used by system control / software and offers the options Repair and uninstalling.

If it does not go, try to instal sometimes 2.0 if you do not have yet and again to uninstall.

Otherwise you can search, on the one hand, the Registry completely to remove all entries or if it for you only around the storage space simply goes Microsoft. NET folders extinguish.
It is surer to copy him before somewhere, if he is used, nevertheless, still to what.

If you instal sometimes a programme that Framework assumes, it announces the need before.
weableandbob
Thanks, but that didn't work. I just ended up copying some of my friend's game files to replace the corrupted ones Wink
badai
if you need to install net framework, you just need to install version 3.5. it will cover all from version 2. but do not cover version 1. if your application use version 1, then you need to install 1.1.

you don't need to install 1.1 and 3.5 in any particular order. just install which one you finish download first.
tdossi
Hi, has it worked for?