FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird Hobbies/Uncomom Hobbies

guth75
Code:
Rules/Directions

List a hobby or two that you think is Weird (Unusual in more polite words) or uncommon, to make it more fun, why don't we see if you think it is more Unusual or Uncommon.

You may post in quotes to say if you dis-agree with another persons "Type" opinion... Keep it polite!

My Hobby:
I Like to make rpgs Embarassed

Type: Uncommon
ponda
guth75 wrote:
Code:
Rules/Directions

List a hobby or two that you think is Weird (Unusual in more polite words) or uncommon, to make it more fun, why don't we see if you think it is more Unusual or Uncommon.

You may post in quotes to say if you dis-agree with another persons "Type" opinion... Keep it polite!

My Hobby:

Hmm. Well, I really like to bake cakes and cupcakes in weird shapes. Like I made a gameboy cake once. And I made an Xbox 360 cake. I even made a cake in the shape of a car lol. Another strange hobby of mine is programming. Most people would consider it something to work in, but I just enjoy doing it in my free time.

mathiaus wrote:

Please use the code quote tags when quoting.
Code:
[quote][/quote]

Ankhanu
I collect insects

Type - Uncommon

guth75 wrote:
My Hobby:

Me too Smile
Crinoid
Feeding stray cats.
I have own cat, but feeding him is a duty, and feeding a stray cats - a voluntary action with positive outcome for both sides: they are fed, and I have possibility to watch the different kinds of cats. Cat watching, as opposed to a popular bird watching?

When I visited another country with different laws about animal control, there was abandoned building with small park where the very large colony of stray cats lived. People came there regularly to feed them, some even give them a medical treatment. Not everyone has possibility to keep a cat.
deanhills
I love watching birds. Where I am in the Middle East, it is completely uncommon where I am, must look a bit weird too. Laughing
spobor
I am currently collecting the little plastic tubes they make you blow into for random breath tests. I have about 20 so far. It is a hard one to collect as you can never tell when a booze bus is going to pop up, but eventually I'll have enough to build into small water fountain......oh that's my other hobby I make small table top water fountains........

collecting little plastic tubes: rare enough to say non-existant
tabletop fountains: pretty rare but we are definetly out here =)
guggs
I discovered last night that one of the suspects in the "Jack the Ripper" serial murders in late 19th century London collected WOMBS for a hobby - kept them in glass jars on his mantelpiece apparently. That's even weirder than bus number collecting.
andysart380
spobor wrote:
I am currently collecting the little plastic tubes they make you blow into for random breath tests. I have about 20 so far. It is a hard one to collect as you can never tell when a booze bus is going to pop up, but eventually I'll have enough to build into small water fountain......oh that's my other hobby I make small table top water fountains........

collecting little plastic tubes: rare enough to say non-existant
tabletop fountains: pretty rare but we are definetly out here =)

gotta say thats kinda weird
jabce85
I improvise on the piano instead of just reading sheets like every other piano player I know.
ProwerBot
I collect fire alarm devices.

How many of you do? =D
azoundria
Running a RPG is not uncommon at all. I also like piano improvising. Sheet music is for noobs.

My hobby is running the competition. (Another free host.) Running hosting is common. Running good hosting is a rarity.
Ankhanu
azoundria wrote:
Running a RPG is not uncommon at all.

I might have read Guth's post incorrectly, but I assumed by "I Like to make rpgs" he meant creating game systems and settings, ie. whole new games, not just running a campaign. The creation of rule sets is pretty uncommon, but pretty fun.
guggs
My hobby is catching big gudgeon. We have a website www.guggs.frihost.org.
jinz22
ponda wrote:
guth75 wrote:
Code:
Rules/Directions

My Hobby:

Hmm. Well, I really like to bake cakes and cupcakes in weird shapes. Like I made a gameboy cake once. And I made an Xbox 360 cake. I even made a cake in the shape of a car lol. Another strange hobby of mine is programming. Most people would consider it something to work in, but I just enjoy doing it in my free time.

mathiaus wrote:

Please use the code quote tags when quoting.
Code:
[quote][/quote]

i kinda think its uncommon but also its pretty skilled thing to bake cookies in xbox and car and different shapes also PROGRAMMING does seem fun if u actually understand the basic concept..
but my uncommon hobby is to take photography of just anything and i mean ANY THING that i think is cool. I have my camera right in front of me right now and i just take shots of w/e i see or find cool
TurtleShell
My daughter does fencing--that's kind of unusual anyway. She has other more normal things she does: gymnastics, guitar. I personally like to paint and try different types of beer, and bake. And read. Normally type stuff.
moho93
me and friends made up a game called 'bushing' the idea is to tackle someone into a bush, it is pretty funny watching 5 people hang off the bigger people haha Very Happy
BigGeek
My hobbies - Hot Rods custom cars and trucks. There is not one aspect of a car I am beyond working at. Sheet metal and frame work (yes I weld both MIG and TIG). Brakes, suspension, engine and all subsystems including AC (gotta have AC), electrical. Overhaul automatic transmissions as well as manual transmissions. Set up differentials and gearing. Even done upholstery a few times. I have actually restored one car, and custom built another where I did ever single bit of work on the vehicle all the way to a turn key finished car.

My next hobby, alternative power, and over unity power. Attempting to power my home with solar and wind, possibly even build a home built hydrogen fuel cell.

I also do all my own home repairs including electrical, heating an plumbing, but that's not really my hobby.
gtsmatrix
I like to build birdhouses somtimes... (Im a male) Rolling Eyes
dude_xyx
Once I met a guy who collect spoons. I thought kinda funny. He used to take spoons from famous hotels and add those to his collection. Also spoons used by celebs.
alvarorojas4
My Hobby: Have a Forum, Listen to music.

Very common...

(I think that it's right)
nigam
i am collecting different matches in the world...old and new one Smile
i am also collecting toothpicks from different hotels but those unused one Smile
Insanity
I post on forums to get free webhosting in my free time.