FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet TV

Dennise
Where can I learn more about Internet TV? I'm hearing more and more about ITV, but am confused over all the variants.

We have broadband WiFi in our home and I'm looking for a solution (Set Top Box?) that will use my WiFi as a broadband Internet link as it's input and then output video directly to my television. Such a box would NOT need a PC. An associated 'remote' (hand held) would communicate with the ST Box for control and internet TV program selection.

Is anyone following this?

Ideas Smile
Donutey
What you are talking about is a media center PC. You can buy a PC that looks like a set top box, but it's still similar to your desktop/laptop. You would control it with a remote.

ITV is when the Cable/DSL/Fiber connection to your home carries the TV signal as TCP/IP traffic, rather than on dedicated wires.
Dennise
Donutey wrote:
What you are talking about is a media center PC. You can buy a PC that looks like a set top box, but it's still similar to your desktop/laptop. You would control it with a remote.

ITV is when the Cable/DSL/Fiber connection to your home carries the TV signal as TCP/IP traffic, rather than on dedicated wires.

Would such a "media center" have WiFi capability?
Can you suggest a couple suppliers of Media Center boxes?