FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Google blocking .gb.com domains?

the-guide
Are .gb.com domains banned by Google??? I just read from Google webmaster central...

Code:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/thread?tid=12116510c3e1ddc5&hl=en

riccopt
gb.com is a domain
lame.gb.com is the following:
lame = subdomain (just like www)
gd.com is the actual domain name... so or question makes no sense...
alex_cyber
why will google do that , it is a normal site ????? Shocked
SonLight
I did a site:gb.com search in google, and got 35000 hits, so it appears they do index these sites. It may be that there are a lot of .gb.com sites that have features google doesn't like, but I doubt they would penalize all .gb.com sites unless they made a mistake and treated them all as part of a single site.

@riccopt: I haven't verified it, but it appears that gb.com is a hosting company site, so that subdomains of gb.com are actually independent sites of their customers. In some cases the terms 'domain' and 'subdomain' may have overlapping meanings.
riccopt
SonLight wrote:
I haven't verified it, but it appears that gb.com is a hosting company site, so that subdomains of gb.com are actually independent sites of their customers. In some cases the terms 'domain' and 'subdomain' may have overlapping meanings.

a subdomain is a subdomain...
a domain is a domain...

people should learn how to use those... I can't GUESS that when he says domains he means subdomains...
Peterssidan
A subdomain are still a domain

It could be like SonLight said. And I do think google can penalize all subdomains under one domain. At least until they have proved they are not spam.
riccopt
Peterssidan wrote:
A subdomain are still a domain

It could be like SonLight said. And I do think google can penalize all subdomains under one domain. At least until they have proved they are not spam.
as far as I know: when they BAN a domain, all subdomains are also banned....