FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google removes PageRank from its webmaster tools...

the-guide
Google removes PageRank from its webmaster tools...

Quote:
We've been telling people for a long time that they shouldn't focus on PageRank so much; many site owners seem to think it's the most important metric for them to track, which is simply not true. [...]

We removed it because we felt it was silly to tell people not to think about it, but then to show them the data, implying that they should look at it.

However, for the time being, the PageRank will still be displayed in Google's toolbar.
Peterssidan
It's probably a good thing. The SEO people/spammers will have a harder time I guess. It has been a long time since I checked a site's PageRank.
distantship
Let's face it, as long as pagerank still shows in toolbar, webmasters would still think that it is important. If google feels the need to tell the world how unimportant pagerank is, one thing they should do instead is to stop calculating pagerank and get rid of it from the toolbar, this is the only way that the webmasters would be convinced.
riccopt
as I already said lots of times: PR is WORTHLESS!!!
guissmo
That's good. When I was new with it, I thought PageRank was this cool tool to check how awesome the site is. Over time, I realized this wasn't the case. So, I stopped to care.
sonam
riccopt wrote:
as I already said lots of times: PR is WORTHLESS!!!

Right, I don't care about PR about one year ago. The most important for me is visitors and where is my site placed when I run search engine.

Sonam
rajpk
i think PR is important
but
if you have visitors than no problem with PR

its my view
pscompanies
Great decision by Google. PageRank was not too useful anyway Smile
truespeed
My site finally gets a page rank (page rank 1) and google is removing it?
inphurno
at the end of the day page rank is just number. it really depends on what you want to do with your site, if you don't want anyone to find your site a PR of 1 is bad Smile but seriously checking your metric and looking more at who is visiting your site, how the are getting there and why are they coming is in my opinion a lot more important than page rank.

at the base you need to objectives also to help see if your traffic is what you want in the end and if its not then how and where you can fix it. page rank can be useful to find some answers but its not going to be able to send millions of people to your site and even if it does if its for the wrong keywords it not worth much Very Happy
DeltaM
Pagerank hasn't been anything too look at for a while so it's just good that they took it away. So that people doesn't care about something so unimportant so much.
guissmo
Yeah I mean so what if your site's not popular, even with less popularity to the general public, you might actually be reaching your target audience. And that's what matters, right?