FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it just me...

Nameless
or do people seem to have a tendency to just not read posts and add their own reply? Some people do read all the posts of course, but it seems very often that someone will post something that is basically identical to something posted above (and not just when it's their opinion or something). I mean, take one post I made. I included the phrase 'that kicks rocks' which I'll gamble 90% of you here have NO idea what it means, but nobody seemed to note it. Now either you just aren't curious, or nobody actually read the post.

And by the way, 'that kicks rocks' refers to something that is cool (as in trendy). Now start using that phrase all the time, everwhere.
mOrpheuS
Nameless wrote:
or do people seem to have a tendency to just not read posts and add their own reply? Some people do read all the posts of course, but it seems very often that someone will post something that is basically identical to something posted above (and not just when it's their opinion or something).

Serious member -> read full topic (all the posts within) and reply if interested.

not so serious member -> skim through the first post and hit reply.

Hasty (looking for 5 posts+10 points) -> look at the topic subject and hit reply !

spammer -> go to index page, click on random topics -> press random keys on the keyboard. (or paste whatever is on your clipboard)

Nameless wrote:
take one post I made. I included the phrase 'that kicks rocks' which I'll gamble 90% of you here have NO idea what it means, but nobody seemed to note it. Now either you just aren't curious, or nobody actually read the post.

And by the way, 'that kicks rocks' refers to something that is cool (as in trendy). Now start using that phrase all the time, everwhere.

"ADOM kicks rocks"...
We have grown used to typos. Rolling Eyes
We thought you were just pressing random keys on your keyboard.

just kidding.

But it's true, not many people read each post in threads like "what games are you playing".
And something needs to be done about such threads.
Like Wicked Gravity's initiative ? http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5265
Nameless
What do you mean typos? Pressing random keys? Were it not for the fact that your post is just words on a screen that I don't fully understand the meaning of anyway I would still probably not take offence.

But seriously, ADOM is roguelike computer game: Ancient Domains Of Mystery. It's fun. And it kicks rocks, or, in more usual phrases, is very cool and fun to play.

So what have we learnt from all this? I should just give up and tlk lk tis lik every1 else doz. lol.
cnnet
usually I post my opinion when I know what the frist talk about Surprised
sometimes when the topic is not very long
I may whatch all
wistom
usually i read all the topics and post my own mean, throuth i cant speart it very clearly. But if the the topics are very long i may not read all them and post my words. i think its too hard for me to do. i sometimes use tools to help me learn the words and them post my means, its very hard for me to do .
S3nd K3ys
Nameless wrote:
or do people seem to have a tendency to just not read posts and add their own reply? Some people do read all the posts of course, but it seems very often that someone will post something that is basically identical to something posted above (and not just when it's their opinion or something). I mean, take one post I made. I included the phrase 'that kicks rocks' which I'll gamble 90% of you here have NO idea what it means, but nobody seemed to note it. Now either you just aren't curious, or nobody actually read the post.

I had the same problem: I was riding my bike to work the other day and this guy cut me off, sending me off into the weeds. He never stopped. I was yelling and waving my arms but he kept on driving.

People just don't have any compassion any more.