FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Interesting IE6 Software Bug...

izcool
Hey everyone,

I'm bored out of my mind, and I feel like posting about a bug that my friend and I found awhile back in IE6.

1 - Open up a Popup Window that CANNOT be resized
This is where the bug occurs. Open the link below, then click on the "Example Link" to open up a non-resizable popup window.
http://www.ihs.gov/generalweb/helpcenter/devcomm/resources/ihs_web_supplements/code_offerings/js_popup_windows_508/popup_example.cfm

2 - Try to Resize it
It cannot be resized. But, in just a minute you'll find out how to resize it, where it shouldn't be.

3 - Full Screen the Window, then Un-Full Screen the Window
Since you don't have any menus to do this, hit the F11 key twice to enter Full Screen mode and to exit out of it.

4 - Try to Resize it now !
Now you can resize the window ! BUG !!

I've already tried to eMail Microsoft but they deny that it even exists. They haven't budged at the fact that there REALLY is a software bug within IE.

My friend found this by mistake when he was working on a website that was involving popup windows.

Post your comments. I don't really want to see "IE is full of bugs - switch to [whatever browser]". That's clearly not the point I'm trying to make within this thread.

- Mike.
n0obie4life
izcool wrote:
Post your comments. I don't really want to see "IE is full of bugs - switch to [whatever browser]". That's clearly not the point I'm trying to make within this thread.

Phew, I rushed here in time.

Yeah. Don't flame, it will prolly warrant a warning..
Kd527
M$ doesn't like admitting that their wrong. oh well, their loss I guess.
tommy.studio
Kd527 wrote:
M$ doesn't like admitting that their wrong. oh well, their loss I guess.

Agree
M$ ia all for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
But I still use M$ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Embarassed (crying)
ronitvohra
Well Change your browser to Firefox,and kill browsing ie..

the only browser than contains uncountable bugs ......
izcool
ronitvohra wrote:
Well Change your browser to Firefox,and kill browsing ie..

the only browser than contains uncountable bugs ......

I don't think you've read all the way though my post :

izcool wrote:
... I don't really want to see "IE is full of bugs - switch to [whatever browser]". That's clearly not the point I'm trying to make within this thread.

I only made this thread because I wanted to show everyone that there is an actual software bug in IE, one of Microsoft's most well-known and well-used programs. This is not a thread to discuss what browser to use. That's not what I started this thread for. Sorry for my rambing, but I didn't want any of that kind of stuff to pop up in here.

- Mike.
smart19
thanks for your sharing
if you find other news
plz tell us more
as i do not have enough knowledge
ronitvohra
u dont need to be ..

As usual i saw another thread in this forum regarding bugs..so its was my last fed up comment..i read the topic carefully.....but ms wont do anything regarding it.....

no point of discussing regarding this"umm My thought"

Or i m out of this thread.........

Ronit
izcool
Well I'm sorry if I had trampled all over you like how I did. I was just pointing out the fact that I didn't want browser wars to go on in this thread where it was just talking about an "actual" software bug with IE that Microsoft denies on admitting theirselves to. If you studied this thread carefully, then you shouldn't have posted your recommendation to using FireFox over IE. I said I didn't want that talk going in in here. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I don't want any more discussion of that argument in here, as I don't want it to get more built up as it is right now. I'm sorry, again.

- Mike.
sergio_ykz
Well, IE have o lot of bugs, but more than 90 % of the pages in internet are write to best view in IE.

And a lot of another don't run on another browsers...

The Mozilla project has improved your rendering software at point of a lot of pages rendering better than IE, but its slow and a many of pages don't run on its.

The problem is not only the rendering software but the JScript parser...

Many script don't run better in another browser...

The Opera is a excelent browser but your JScript is worry...

The Mozilla is great cool, if you have more than 256 MB of memory and a faster processor...

In the linux world the Konqueror is more faster than mozilla, but have a poor rendering.

If you don't like IE, use the Mozilla (Firefox).

Are the two best browser of the Earth.
n0obie4life
Since no one can understand whats not tell others to use firefox.

I'm locking it.

The topic author can pm me to unlock it.

-close-