FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

P.O.V on the world

Matthew_Ung
I would like to hear of people's true point of views on this world we live in and what they wish to happen.

The way i see it, and excuse the critiscm but I don't like the western world and how media portrays east vs. west. Especially with North Korea how many would class them as being communists, its not true. NK have their own system of governance which appears to be like communism but isn't. Its not hard to see the similarities between Fascism and Communism.

I live in Australia and i dont like my country. I don't like how it tries to be like America (no offence). I always hear those debates on TV, about terrorism. How the governments always put down terrorism but the truth is that these "terrorists" have no other way of fighting. Terrorism appears to be effective anyway, inflicting massive casualties in the middle east. Also, nobody has bothered to hear their point of view. They dub the greedy american corporations as being "Economic Terrorists". An example would be America's decision to put a trade embargo on Cuba after their detachment from North American rule. Thus destroying Cuba's sugar industry and crippling their economy.

Right now, I see it as a race for control of oil. Oil prices in Australia are getting ridiculously high. It's forcing people to take public transport to work. But now the government wants to raise transport costs too... like whats up with that. This world is bent on the desire for power and greater wealth.

Keep in mind that, Monopolies are illegal, but legally it is not a monopoly if someone else owns even the tiniest of shares.

I doubt you would agree with me, so that is why I would want you to voice your opinions.
Zampano
There's a very large group of unconnected individuals who agree with you but don't say anything because they don't really care enough to do something, which I'm guessing is your case as well as mine.
Every one will dubb you a person just trying to draw attention to themselves unless you throw the first stone, something which, for a person, seems impossible. This proves the ideas of many wise people who believe that 'social awareness' has an effect opposite that which is intended: The people spend so much time realizing how evil the world is, that they get comfortable with merely telling people the truth that they try to subconciously forget action on the problem. I call this deactivation.
Idoru
Well, I agree with you to some extension. It's true that greed and comfort rules lot in the western
world. It's also true that we've build (or allowed others to build) systems and promoted values
that makes it hard to be both idealistic and realistic. Sure, lot's of things would feel better if
we slowed down a bit and settled with less. But then again, most people crave comfort, and
will use you if you doesn't 'tag along' with the ongoing 'thing'.

There is always a choise, but there is also a cost. If one can deal with that equation and is
willing to pay the price, he or she might feel better with him/herself. It may even make
a greater difference in the 'cosmic ways' of the world. Then again, there is a free will in
following the streams aswell, and that's lot simpler, hence what most people do and
will keep doing.
coolclay
You are right North Korea is not communist they are much much worse, instead of spreading the wealth like a true communist country they take it all, and use it to build huge weapons of mass destruction, and huge castles for the "important" people, all while the rest of the country is dieing of starvation. Sounds like a great place.

And on the terrorists, terrorists can kill all the people they want no one is going to listen to them. Killing is not the way, terrorists are no better then the people they are "supposedly" trying to fight. Its like a little kid whose parents are ignoring them, so they go and misbehave to get there parents attention. They may get the parents attention but it sure isn't good attention.

Sure go blow yourself and lots of other innocent people up, that's sure to make things better. WTF! That will only get you more hatred. And get yourself a war for that matter.
seagullspirit
there's so little to be said about the world we live in and probably the most accurate thing is the following quote "what we learn fron history is that we learn nothing from history"
nilsmo
My opinion is that our world is in a battle with corruption and ignorance on one side and freedom and enlightenment on the other.

Looking at the US: the US government is corrupt through lobbyists and other reasons, but Americans can't see this; they can't even find North Korea on a map.

Looking at China: a totalitarian society that restricts information people can see on the internet and can be brutal with people who try to change this.

Looking at Russia: it's slipping back into a corrupt state. Look at Putin: a dictator. The politics and economy of Russia are not improving.

Looking at South America: Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia slipping into corruption. Venezuela's Hugo Chavez takes control of media and consolidates power, going towards totalitarianism.
Zampano
coolclay wrote:
You are right North Korea is not communist they are much much worse, instead of spreading the wealth like a true communist country they take it all, and use it to build huge weapons of mass destruction, and huge castles for the "important" people, all while the rest of the country is dieing of starvation. Sounds like a great place.

And on the terrorists, terrorists can kill all the people they want no one is going to listen to them. Killing is not the way, terrorists are no better then the people they are "supposedly" trying to fight. Its like a little kid whose parents are ignoring them, so they go and misbehave to get there parents attention. They may get the parents attention but it sure isn't good attention.

I often wonder if the reason why communist nations always seem to end up corrupt and totalitarian in the end is that the have the rest of the world breathing down necks, waiting for them to fail so they can declare communism an evil idea (which it esentially isn't). The communist nations must concentrate on putting up a good front, and neglect their people in the process.
As to terrorists, I agree fully with you. I once asked a teacher why terrorists didn't try to use diplomacy instead. He told that they undoubtedly had once tried that, but found that it got them nowhere, so they turned to brute force to get the world's attention, like you said, and couldn't go back to diplomacy with the world's attention because they would be shunned and jailed. So they have no choice but to continue with force or die
Qube
I've gotta say you guys make some pretty good points.
My personal opinion, at least about America is we're not as active in our govt. as we should be.
We've gotten so sucked into the cycle of paying bills and keeping things running smoothly that we don't have the time or willpower to do anything about the govt. that's running the show.
Sure we all have opinions about how the world should run, but we never take the time to actually do something about it.
C'mon though nilsmo, that's pretty harsh.
I admit our govt. isn't the best, but we're young and brash.
Not all Americans are idiots, the leaders just are...haha.
Ya, that was a joke, get over it.

I completely agree w/ the being forced to terrorism ideals though.
Democracy was tried, it didn't work.
Force was applied, wow, it's effective, even if the public doesn't like it.
The world will never be at peace.
There will always be opposing ideas how things should go.
And that just means there will always be war, hate, murder, all that good stuff.
I just wish we'd all at least have respect for each other.
But from what I've seen, even that is too much to ask for.
Zampano
We must be so vain to talk abou t how the world doesn't work out and not really care enough to do anything ourselves.
Qube wrote:
My personal opinion, at least about America is we're not as active in our govt. as we should be.
We've gotten so sucked into the cycle of paying bills and keeping things running smoothly that we don't have the time or willpower to do anything about the govt. that's running the show.
Sure we all have opinions about how the world should run, but we never take the time to actually do something about it.

Unfortunately that sounds very much like me (except I'm not American, but that is irrelevant), and I'm guessing most of you, too. We just sit at our computers and complain about what's wrong with the world: we can't escape from it!
Oh well, I'm just ranting now.