FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

username / password issues

handfleisch
First my normal way of publishing my website stopped working (a web building program called Cutesite by Globalscape), it started asking for a password before it would publish to Frihost and would not accept any. I have had some computer problems so I suspected it was due to this (some glitch in password storage or something.) I assume the password it wants is to connect to the Frihost FTP hosting, since I can readily change my own webbuilding passwords no problem.

So for the first time I tried to get into the Frihost control panel for my webhosting (Frihost account under Handfleisch), but it won't accept my password, and when I click on "forgot password" it doesn't even recognize my user name so it cannot send me a new password message.

Please help.
Bondings
Your username for your hosting account is handflei (not the same as the forum one). Are you sure that you tried that username?
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Your username for your hosting account is handflei (not the same as the forum one). Are you sure that you tried that username?

I have serious problems getting into cPanel, as it does not even come up with the log-in screen. I use the one that is in my account:
http://www.deanhills.frihost.net/cpanel/

Instead of coming up with the cPanel log-in, this is what appears instead:
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@deanhills.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Previously all of it was automatic, i.e. my log-in and password are instinctive, but it is as though it has been erased. I finally went into my account, and clicked on the above link that is provided in my account, just to make sure that I am doing it right, but then the above quoted error appears.

I also am completely unable to edit my Website. It may look OK, as the url is working, but when I edit it with FrontPage and Expressions Web II, I am completely unable to edit the Website, it comes up with a message with a long list of options that could be wrong. Initially I thought it was Web Extensions, but I think it is much simpler than that and that it has more to do with my log-in and password set-up. Something much more lethal must have happened to my log-in and password with cPanel along the lines of having been erased.
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
I have serious problems getting into cPanel, as it does not even come up with the log-in screen.

@deanhills, this thread appears to be unrelated to the problem you are facing.
handfleisch
Bondings wrote:

Yes I have. If you could just PM me my password, I will try it again.
mOrpheuS
handfleisch wrote:

Bondings, in another thread wrote:
There was some problem with the cPanel license and I also updated and restarted some stuff.

Could you please check if the passwords work again? Ans also the other issues (related or not) like FrontPage?
handfleisch
mOrpheuS wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

Bondings, in another thread wrote:
There was some problem with the cPanel license and I also updated and restarted some stuff.

Could you please check if the passwords work again? Ans also the other issues (related or not) like FrontPage?

Still no go, if someone at Frihost could PM or email me my password, I will try it that way
mOrpheuS
handfleisch wrote:
Still no go, if someone at Frihost could PM or email me my password, I will try it that way

I've sent you a new password.
Please check your PM Inbox.
handfleisch
mOrpheuS wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

I've sent you a new password.
Please check your PM Inbox.
thanks was able to access the cpanel and change my password for the FTP and the website program is once again publishing my sites onto the web, thanks again