FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


CPanel Log-in and Password have been erased?





deanhills
Looks as though this has become my problem as well or is it a server problem? I can't edit my Website with FrontPage or Expressions Web II.

Alternatively could it be a server problem? This is the message that came up when I tried to access my cPanel:
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@deanhills.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


Also refer thread in Webhosting Support Forum:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110753.html
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
Also refer thread in Webhosting Support Forum:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110753.html

You are hosted on server 1 with cPanel.
And as far as I know, the problem some other users have been facing with Frontpage extensions were becuase of a known issue in DirectAdmin.

Your site (and cPanel) is working fine as of now.
It could have been a server/network glitch.
deanhills
mOrpheuS wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Also refer thread in Webhosting Support Forum:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110753.html

You are hosted on server 1 with cPanel.
And as far as I know, the problem some other users have been facing with Frontpage extensions were becuase of a known issue in DirectAdmin.

Your site (and cPanel) is working fine as of now.
It could have been a server/network glitch.

Thanks mOrpheuS, I tried cPanel again, however it still comes up with the same message:
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@deanhills.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The url of the Website works, i.e. one can open the Website, but I can't get into cPanel, nor can I edit the Website.
deanhills
Update: I'm now convinced that this has nothing to do with Web extensions, for some reason my log-in and password to cPanel and the Website have been completely erased.

When I try and access cPanel it does not come up with the usual log-in and password dialog screen, it goes straight to this "500 Internal Server Error" message:
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@deanhills.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


It is as though my log-in and password do not exist anymore. That is probably why I can't edit the Website either, as I am set up in FrontPage and Expressions Web 2 to the extent that it has always been automatic to edit my Website. Right now I can't get into my Website at all. I can view it at its url, but have no permissions to get into cPanel or edit it.

Also refer postings under Website support:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-111118.html
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
When I try and access cPanel it does not come up with the usual log-in and password dialog screen, it goes straight to this "500 Internal Server Error" message


That URL indeed doesn't work.
It could be because of a broken mod_alias in Apache.

Use this one in the meantime - http://deanhills.frihost.net:2082/
Bondings
There was some problem with the cPanel license and I also updated and restarted some stuff.

Could you please check if the passwords work again? Ans also the other issues (related or not) like FrontPage?
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
There was some problem with the cPanel license and I also updated and restarted some stuff.

Could you please check if the passwords work again? Ans also the other issues (related or not) like FrontPage?
They are now absolutely perfect, thanks so much Bondings. Did ankle kicks out of happiness! Tested both cPanel and my Expressions Web II, and they are completely OK. I also tested FrontPage extensions by uploading files and tinkered a little and all is as before. Thanks for responding so fast.

@mOrpheuS, thanks for helping. The fast response is much appreciated. You were right. It had nothing to do with the FrontPage extensions. I'm very relieved about that.
Related topics
setup mail box in the cpanel
FTP problems --> Use Filezilla and/or active mode
Stupid question: How i configurate FTP to upload my files?
MySQL Database
MySQL
Install phpbb forums
Nederlandstalige FAQ
cpanel log in for the first time
cPanel lost password, didn't recieve email
Issue connecting to my account via FTP/Filezilla
password reset
Install a Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
username / password issues
where are those frames coming from? ):
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.