FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A new moderator to Turkish forums

darkeagle
Hi,

We need a new moderator to Turkish forums, because our moderator away from forums for a long time, he may left Frihost.

There too much spam topic in Turkish Forums and it seems too much complicated.

We will be glad if you choose a new moderator
Regards,
Thanks...
coreymanshack
darkeagle wrote:
Hi,

We need a new moderator to Turkish forums, because our moderator away from forums for a long time, he may left Frihost.

There too much spam topic in Turkish Forums and it seems too much complicated.

We will be glad if you choose a new moderator
Regards,
Thanks...

Wow, that can't be good !!! Surely one of our english moderators can do a google translate on reported topics!?
Ghost Rider103
I don't know about you, but I personally would not want to have to translate every post to see if it was spam or not. That would take a long time and be a big pain in the ass.

I think it would be best if we found an actual moderator that speaks Turkish. Surely there must be some members in the Turkish section that would suit a moderator position.
coreymanshack
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I personally would not want to have to translate every post to see if it was spam or not. That would take a long time and be a big pain in the ass.

I think it would be best if we found an actual moderator that speaks Turkish. Surely there must be some members in the Turkish section that would suit a moderator position.

No I don't mean to translate every post, isn't there a report a post feature? If people see the spam it gets sent to a moderation queue?

Yea, I see the report feature in the top right on every post.
Ghost Rider103
Oh yes, that makes more sense.

I still think it would be better if we get a Turkish moderator that actually speaks Turkish. Would just make things easier.
coreymanshack
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Oh yes, that makes more sense.

I still think it would be better if we get a Turkish moderator that actually speaks Turkish. Would just make things easier.

It would make things easier, but until we can that forum is still filling up with spam! Smile
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Agreed. It has to be someone who speaks Turkish and is active in the forum. I'm certain Bondings would be able to identify someone suitable.
Helios
Yeah, that's one of the problems of keeping a forum speaking in a language that our administrators can't understand (including Bondings of course), so we need a very reliable moderator who speaks that language - not very easy to find.
coreymanshack
Helios wrote:
Yeah, that's one of the problems of keeping a forum speaking in a language that our administrators can't understand (including Bondings of course), so we need a very reliable moderator who speaks that language - not very easy to find.

Well if a moderator could be here 7 day a week we'd only ever need one moderator per Language Forum, it is unrealistic to ask that of a moderator though, we'd probably need more than one moderator for that forum that can be here at different times/days.
darkeagle
coreymanshack wrote:
Helios wrote:

Well if a moderator could be here 7 day a week we'd only ever need one moderator per Language Forum, it is unrealistic to ask that of a moderator though, we'd probably need more than one moderator for that forum that can be here at different times/days.

In Turkish forums, too much moderators chosen but all of this moderators are inactive.
rvec
coreymanshack wrote:
Helios wrote:

Only 2 days a week and 15min per session would be enough. I only do 2-4 of those sessions every week and can keep up with the dutch forums and some english forums perfectly fine.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
I only do 2-4 of those sessions every week and can keep up with the dutch forums and some english forums perfectly fine.
I did not realize you were multi-tasking as a language moderator as well. I thought the Dutch forum had its own dedicated Language Moderator, or do the regular Moderators who also post on the Dutch forum double up as moderators in the Dutch forum as well?

By the way, what has happened to all the moderators? There are 24 moderators in the list. I see 6 on a more or less regular basis (7 when MOrpheuS is counted in), 4 on a very occasional basis, and the remaining 14 seem to be retired. Would be nice if the active moderators and administrators could be grouped together with bios, and the remainder grouped in an Honorary list of a kind.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Would be nice if the active moderators and administrators could be grouped together with bios, and the remainder grouped in an Honorary list of a kind.

True. A newer member who was not familiar with which ones were active might PM one of the less active moderators, and the problem wouldn't be addressed for a long time... maybe never.

Say, move any moderators who haven't logged in for over 6 months to 'retired moderator' status, and if they come back and complain about it, move them back over to 'moderator'.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Say, move any moderators who haven't logged in for over 6 months to 'retired moderator' status, and if they come back and complain about it, move them back over to 'moderator'.
Excellent idea. Although I would expect that if they would come back after six months that they will be welcomed with open arms. I really miss James007. I can read Dutch and his explanation of the Frihost rules in Dutch is a million times better than its English equivalent. This guy really is a gifted writer in Dutch. He also has an excellent sense of humour and lots of charisma. Ditto some of the others in the list. When I joined in May 2008 I remembered Blackheart as well. Anyway, this must be an environment like the one I am living in as an expat: people come and people go. Would be nice though to have a list of "active" moderators and administrators with their bios.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
... Would be nice though to have a list of "active" moderators and administrators with their bios.

Not a bad idea actually...the "About Us" page linked at the bottom of these pages hasn't been updated in like 3 years. I for one would love to update my blurb on that page.

and just for the record...I'm still active daily, I just don't post very much anymore.
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
deanhills wrote:
... Would be nice though to have a list of "active" moderators and administrators with their bios.

Not a bad idea actually...the "About Us" page linked at the bottom of these pages hasn't been updated in like 3 years. I for one would love to update my blurb on that page.

and just for the record...I'm still active daily, I just don't post very much anymore.
Your head was included in the regular six Laughing Can't miss it ..... heh heh ....

I really like the write-ups about the moderators and some regular characters in your Website. I like the writing style. Would be nice if we could have an up to date version of those for our active moderators and administrators, and then those moderators who do not post regularly at the moment in an Honorary list of sorts. Maybe they can reactivate themselves when they re-join at some or other time. Can imagine they would have the power to do that.
ocalhoun
Vrythramax wrote:

Not a bad idea actually...the "About Us" page linked at the bottom of these pages hasn't been updated in like 3 years.

about us wrote:

over 25,000 members and over 500,000 posts

Yeah... a little out of date.
mathiaus
Vrythramax wrote:

I consider too visit often but don't often post. I sometimes write a long reply to a topic, spend time doing a bit of research, get a picture, etc, then preview my post and decide it isn't good enough and rather than fix it, just move move on to read another topic.
I really must start just posting my mediocre posts!
Bondings
I'll be adding a new moderator for the Turkish forum and also some general ones.
deanhills
@Bondings. Last night I was looking at the Dutch forum. I really enjoyed it very much, particularly a thread started by James007 on a raid on helicopter gangsters that had gone really funny. Anyway, one of the discussions in the Dutch forum was on whether the forum was dying, as people were posting less than before: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-111047.html. So maybe the Turkish forum is not the only language forum that needs assistance. Would appear rvec is the only one of the original three moderators moderating right now. Maybe the Dutch forum could do with some new blood too as it would be a great pity if it should die, there are some really great Frihoster personalities who are posting in the Dutch forum and every reason for it to do well. I wish I could post in the forum, but my rusty Dutch would not meet the language standard for the forum. I enjoy reading the discussions in the forum however.
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
Your head was included in the regular six Laughing Can't miss it ..... heh heh ....

I'm not one of the "original" staff...but I have been around for awhile.

Quote:
I really like the write-ups about the moderators and some regular characters in your Website. I like the writing style. Would be nice if we could have an up to date version of those for our active moderators and administrators, and then those moderators who do not post regularly at the moment in an Honorary list of sorts.

The idea of that page was (I believe) Bondings', but he allowed us to write our own (mine stall says "when I joined LAST YEAR"....hint hint B). As for the staff that may not post as often as others...keep this in mind, we may not be posting, but that doesn't mean we aren't still working behind the scenes. I still attend to my AC duties faithfully, and other staffers are always here and about.

Quote:
Maybe they can reactivate themselves when they re-join at some or other time. Can imagine they would have the power to do that.

Permanent membership is one of the perks of being a staff member...unless of course we get ourselves banned...and YES, it HAS happened. Crying or Very sad
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
...keep this in mind, we may not be posting, but that doesn't mean we aren't still working behind the scenes.
There has never been any doubt about that. Even when you are working behind the scenes people notice that too .... Like ghosts watching over us .... Smile
coreymanshack
mathiaus wrote:

I consider too visit often but don't often post. I sometimes write a long reply to a topic, spend time doing a bit of research, get a picture, etc, then preview my post and decide it isn't good enough and rather than fix it, just move move on to read another topic.
I really must start just posting my mediocre posts!

You really should post your thoughts! Who cares if you sound stupid, it's just a forum!
truespeed
Vrythramax wrote:
As for the staff that may not post as often as others...keep this in mind, we may not be posting, but that doesn't mean we aren't still working behind the scenes. I still attend to my AC duties faithfully, and other staffers are always here and about.

This could be the reason why none of the higher posting members have been made into moderators,perhaps the fear is,once they become part of the staff,that they will stop posting in the forums,as apart from bikerman,i don't think there is a single moderator who posts in the forums.. (By posting,i mean joining in discussions)
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
As for the staff that may not post as often as others...keep this in mind, we may not be posting, but that doesn't mean we aren't still working behind the scenes. I still attend to my AC duties faithfully, and other staffers are always here and about.

This could be the reason why none of the higher posting members have been made into moderators,perhaps the fear is,once they become part of the staff,that they will stop posting in the forums,as apart from bikerman,i don't think there is a single moderator who posts in the forums.. (By posting,i mean joining in discussions)
This is not accurate. If you look at the number of postings, as well as check historic discussions most of the moderators have been active participants even when they were moderators. Quite a number of those in the list however must be in retirement. If we do have to mention names, both rvec and Bondings are regular posters, so are Helios, Max, Mathiaus, and occasionally Blackheart, tidruG and James007. If you look at the number of postings of the moderators all of them must have posted quite enthusiastically at some stage, while they were moderators. One can see that by the stickies that are posted on the top of the forums. Their active footprints are noticeable everywhere.
darkeagle
Is there any solution for Turkish forums?. Because copy&paste messages are causing a mass...
darkeagle
Can you check rouqe's messages?
cavbela
google translate can't translate enough. somebody "who can't speak turkish" can't understand message is spam or not.

So turkish forums need a new mod.
manyakbey
Everyone is counting disregard the rules. Moderated as the Turks do the best Darkeaqle.