FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hiccups on "Your Account" page

Clarke
Heya! Smile

Was looking at the Your Account page and noticed a couple of minor hiccups. First and foremost, there's a major ambiguity there. I'm not sure entirely what this means; if it's to disable forum ads or hosting ads. I think it may be for hosting ads? That could be what Frih$ are for -- I'm yet to figure those out. Either way, perhaps this could be reworded to something like "Disable advertisments on your webhosting" or add a caption "* Note: This only disables advertisments on the Frihost Forums; there aren't any on your hosting, anyway! Smile"

Frihost wrote:
Disable ads
Ads are currently enabled.
Disable ads for a month (30 frih$).
Disable ads for 6 months (150 frih$).
Disable ads for a year (250 frih$).

Also, and slightly less important, there's a minor XHTML bug on the "Your Account" page, too.

Code:
<u><b>Account details</b></u><br><br>-<b>Points</b>: 20.99<br>-<b>Frih$</b>: 20.99<br>br>All requirements seem to have been reached. You are allowed to <a href="http://www.frihost.com/account/request_hosting.php"><b>request for a hosting account here</b></a>.

There's an unopened "<br />" before "All requirements seem to have been reached", causing it to display as text.

Thanks in advance for helping to fix these! I hope my suggestions are worthwhile Smile
Diablosblizz
I think you mean <b> cause you can't close off a <br />. As for the ads, the homepage says that there are no ads so I guess people can figure it out.
Hogwarts
Diablosblizz wrote:
I think you mean <b> cause you can't close off a <br />. As for the ads, the homepage says that there are no ads so I guess people can figure it out.

He's talking about the Your Account page here. Don't you think it may be confusing to have, on the page which links to where you apply for a hosting account, a link saying "Disable ads"?
Diablosblizz
Hogwarts wrote:
He's talking about the Your Account page here. Don't you think it may be confusing to have, on the page which links to where you apply for a hosting account, a link saying "Disable ads"?

Yes, I guess that's true. I figured that we're advertised as no ads, but yeah it could be confusing.
Bondings
Indeed, seems like a good idea to clarify it. I guess simply calling it "Disable ads on these forums" or something similar would be ok?

@Diablosblizz, the 'error' is because I used a <br>, they made it a self-closing tag (the / at the end) for aesthetic reasons. I'll correct it if I remember it next time I edit the page.
rvec
didn't anyone care to read the piece of code posted by Clarke?
It's not about using <br /> or closing the tag, it's about a missing < in the tag, so that it writes br> instead of <br>.
There is no difference between <br> and <br />, the biggest problem is that the page (all pages actually) have an xhtml strict doctype. Any browser understands both, and will keep on doing so in the next few years(just maybe not <br> when using the strict doctype).