FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uh Oh

krazeek
Im in big trouble now. I have a collage of the presentday government due in history tomorrow. I get it done today and go to print it. It prints out 1/4 of the pictures I have in my collage. A warning sign comes up saying something about your ink is out.

1. I dont have a ride out to staples, wal-mart
2. I dont have $45 to buy an ink carteradge.
3. I dont know what to do.

My only thought was to take a day off of school tomorrow, have my mom or dad run me out to one of the stores and pick some ink up. Other than that Im screwed.
Grimboy
Can't you just arrive early and print it at school? Does stuff involving the modern day count as history? Really, it shouldn't.
krazeek
are teacher is wacky teacher and shouldnt be teaching, but it has to be in color and are school printers don't print in color, only black & white. If they did i could send it to my school e-mail and print it from there. Crying or Very sad
xorcist
Go to a printing place or ask one of your friends to print it out for you and bring it to school tommorrow. Email it to your teacher, or just take a day off from school, but if you take a day off your teacher might say you had more then enough time. You could have send it to someone and have it in on time. That's what my teachers use to say to me.
HunnyBaby
more than likely im way to late on this but... jsut take it to a library or a friends house...
krazeek
its 8:10 pm est time here, to late.
abc123ben
so what happened?
TimsJugling
Yeah!!! come one!!! Tell us what happend! was it groosom? are you dead? maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee he cant reply to this message because his teacher killed him and then an astroid hit the earth and everything blowuped and and and... how can I be typeing this then?
oh well. and and and then.... THE FBI!!!!!!
mOrpheuS
krazeek wrote:
its 8:10 pm est time here, to late.

OK...as a last resort, there are still several things you can do -

1. Borrow some crayons from the neighborhood kindergarten kid. Draw the rest of the collage with hand. (Teachers are suckers for hard work)
Don't forget to smartly sign the collage with your initials and date.
You never know when it qualifies for a masterpiece.

2. Pour some ink on the empty part of the collage and then put it into water. Let it soak overnight. Tell the teachers that you only had non-waterproof ink in your printer.
Act real surprised as to how it got wet.

3. Take a black and white print out of the rest of the collage and paste the two parts together. Make it sound like it was all pre-planned.
(Say that it's about time we start seeing our politics in black and white)

4. Demand a multi-media projector. Say that you will not be fully able to express your ideas with a print-out.
Be adamant.

5. Take a print out of this thread (in black & white) and submit it instead of the collage. Your sincerity will be there for all to see. (Teachers are also suckers for sincere people with good excuses)

Let us know how it goes.
Grimboy
krazeek wrote:
color and are school printers don't print in color, only black & white.

Wait, are you in America? If so then that is really f'd up. Don't only about half of America have computers? Also your school sound tremendously underfunded.
Sunny
lmfao @ Morph

@ Krazeek. Don't you have Internet Cafe's or something? you could copy the file in cd/floppy and go to cafe (assuming many are open 24hrs) and get prints from there. or from a friends house.

Quote:

Refilling (very simple) the cartridges/buying recycled ones comes out a lot cheaper. It costs us 50 cents per refill.
mOrpheuS
Sunny wrote:
lmfao @ Morph

@ Krazeek. Don't you have Internet Cafe's or something? you could copy the file in cd/floppy and go to cafe (assuming many are open 24hrs) and get prints from there. or from a friends house.

Quote:

Refilling (very simple) the cartridges/buying recycled ones comes out a lot cheaper. It costs us 50 cents per refill.

You laughing ? Shocked
That's 16 years of excuse-making experience speaking, man ! do you realize ? Razz

anyhow, it seems it's too late, about 3 hours back he said that it was 8:10 pm his time.
So right now he must be deep asleep (or having nightmares about tomorrow).
I feel sorry for the poor kid. Confused
Sunny
I was laughing because all the ideas you gave could only come from the mouth of a smart kid and I was trying to imagine what you use to do in your school time! I bet all the teachers were sick of you, right? hahahaha Smile
mOrpheuS
Sunny wrote:
I was laughing because all the ideas you gave could only come from the mouth of a smart kid and I was trying to imagine what you use to do in your school time! I bet all the teachers were sick of you, right? hahahaha Smile

No, infact you can say I was a rather good student.
Always ready with my work or a great excuse.
The teachers weren't sick of me... they loved me !

And if I were in krazeek's place, I would go ahead with a black and white printout.
I would just act real innocent and honestly(?) tell them that I didn't have a printer at home.
Teachers are suckers for the old poor-kid excuse. Wink
Sunny
Quote:
No, infact you can say I was a rather good student.

Good student? good student would be honest.. I think smart student.
Quote:
Always ready with my work or a great excuse

Considering the whole dictionary of excuses you got, I wonder what dominated more...excuse or ready work.
Quote:
The teachers weren't sick of me... they loved me !

Only if they knew the truth..Poor teachers!
Quote:
would just act real innocent and honestly(?) tell them that I didn't have a printer at home.
Teachers are suckers for the old poor-kid excuse.

In my school teachers hated excuses, so we always had to come up with excuses that teachers can't argue about. and 1 trick I learned and which worked was ..It's always better to reach teacher before class and tell her the problem or in other words take her in confidence (atleast that gave her impression that we were very serious and worried about it), rather then waiting for her to reach you. who knows what mood she will be in Smile