FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS Settings

jwahl16
Are the Nameservers i use for my subdomain the same as my registered domain name? I regged one in cpanel yesterday and the servers havn't found it yet. I figured it might because they vary depending on you domain? Let me know, thanks.
Bondings
You are hosted on server 4, so you should use the nameservers ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org. You should also add the domain in DirectAdmin. Then it can take a while due to dns caching, but it should be working after a day for everyone.
jwahl16
is the ftp host the same? Sorry for all the questions. It sent the data to my .frihost.org site
Bondings
jwahl16 wrote:
is the ftp host the same? Sorry for all the questions. It sent the data to my .frihost.org site

Yes, it is the same ftp account, however you should put your data in a different directory; domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ . And the same for every other domain or subdomain you add to your account.
jwahl16
I uploaded my files to there but it still doesn't show up on my site...

it goes right to a search engine. all my data goes under public_html right?
Bondings
jwahl16 wrote:
I uploaded my files to there but it still doesn't show up on my site...

it goes right to a search engine. all my data goes under public_html right?

Yes, the data should be in the public_html directory. You also should ( most likely) have an index.html or index.php file in that directory that shows the index page when you access the url.

It definitely should not go to a search engine, something is definitely wrong. When I go to your subdomain, I get a 404 error, meaning that there isn't any index file present, however it also means that it should work when you put an index file there.
jwahl16
Yeah, i deleted everything out of my subdomain.

my domain i want to use is www.thecampingman.com

i'll try uploading everything again.