FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are theer any windows hosts allow .exe files to be run ?

rob58
Hi,

Most windows-based hosts don't allow .exe files to be run on their servers unless you opt for an expensive virtual or dedicated hosting solution.

If you use a compiled script such as those generated by many Basic, C+ or Pascal compilers the end output is usually either an ".exe" fil or else an ".IVM" file which still requires some form of interpreter or runtime application to be hosted also. Often these files are theemselves .exe files.

More and more users such as myself prefer to generate such compiled scripts rather than use either Perl or PHP scripts.

Therefore, does anyone know of any such hosts that also allow free hosting, so that a user can try out his/her compiled scripts prior to going for a "paid" service ?

Cheers,

Robin
Diablosblizz
How can you see .exe files being run on a server other than a VPS, which are NEVER free. Also, speaking of other hosting sites is against the TOS.
Bondings
I've never heard of the need to execute .exe files. However, in any case this would grant that file pretty much access to the whole server, which is obviously not wanted by any free or paid hosts. So if you really want to use this, then you'll need to get a VPS or dedicated server (and no, those you don't get for free).
cr3ativ3
Hey, if you could link me to a source (or tutorial) that shows where exe's are used in websites... to do the tasks php's script or other server side scripts would do, I would be interested to read up on the topic.

I cant see where and why an exe would be beneficial to a website, unless it provides certain services or mods for Server Side scripts like PHP, or in the case of Windows ASP and ASP.NET scripts...
Asap170
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hey, if you could link me to a source (or tutorial) that shows where exe's are used in websites... to do the tasks php's script or other server side scripts would do, I would be interested to read up on the topic.

I cant see where and why an exe would be beneficial to a website, unless it provides certain services or mods for Server Side scripts like PHP, or in the case of Windows ASP and ASP.NET scripts...

Even if it would do scripts it be useless cause you still have to make it and that. And all servers are almost Linux or a form of it. There are only a few servers that run Windows.
momiji14
rob58 wrote:
Hi,

Most windows-based hosts don't allow .exe files to be run on their servers unless you opt for an expensive virtual or dedicated hosting solution.

If you use a compiled script such as those generated by many Basic, C+ or Pascal compilers the end output is usually either an ".exe" fil or else an ".IVM" file which still requires some form of interpreter or runtime application to be hosted also. Often these files are theemselves .exe files.

More and more users such as myself prefer to generate such compiled scripts rather than use either Perl or PHP scripts.

Therefore, does anyone know of any such hosts that also allow free hosting, so that a user can try out his/her compiled scripts prior to going for a "paid" service ?

Cheers,

Robin

Well you can create your own server on your computer to test it...you can edit the html on it or something....here... http://rejetto.com download their "HFS"