FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound problems!

ghozt
THIS IS VERY URGENT!

i need a sound expert to help me out with this, i've posted everywhere regarding this and sent emails...and thought id ask you guys, cuz most of you are smart Cool

I've hooke up a mic pre-amp to my line-in on the sound card and hook up the mic to the pre amp but when i go into my recording program...(ADOBE AUDITION 1.5) to record i can't record anything...that track is just blank..and yes i've pressed the record button...im not that dumb...help me out if anyone knows whats going on..i dont wanna screw up the settings, on the program...is there something wrong with my soundcard or possible my preamp..

i wouldve posted this on a home studio site but i've posted there and no ones replied yet..i guess there all dead or something...so im posting here to get help, thnx if you can help me, if you can't thnx ne ways....

URGENT
ghozt
EZ
Daniel15
Have you chosen where you want to record from? If you double-click on the Sound icon in the system tray, the Volume Control applet will appear. Click Options --> Properties and then choose to Adjust Volume for Recording. Make sure 'Line in' is selected and the volume is turned up.

If it still doesn't work, go back to the Properties page and choose Playback again. Find Line In, and un-mute it (and turn up the volume). If nothing comes out of your speakers, then that means nothing is coming in through your Line In.

Hope this helps Very Happy
picsite
this may seem kinda stupid but the same thing happened to me and it was that my actual mic wasn't working because I tried everything ppl suggested and after about 10 of them i took the mic to a friends house and we tested it there (he does a lot of recording) and guess what it wasnt working....so my advice check to see it's actually working
chirag
Yes u must check adjust ur volume control and put tick mark on Line-In or check audio settings in adobe audition
Aelita
okay here we go last one for a while..

1) make sure you have the mic pluged into the right spot..Line in isnt always correct.
2)make sure that you DO NOT HAVE THE MIC MUTED..Most comps its muted by default. go to your audio setting and check for MICROPHONE not line in
3)make sure you have the drivers installed for recording..control panel system and look for something having to do with mics under the sound section
4)if this doent work find a mic you know works and check that, if not still get a new sound card..
otiscom
Check Windows sound settings and make sure mike etc is enabled (not muted)
wrightbros
Yes, input select is probably your problem. In the windows sound/volume control panel, select Inputs from the options -> properties menu. That (hopefully) is the fix.