FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

acer laptop loaded with problem

grandtheftauto
I have a acer laptop and vista installed on it. But after some time virus from my friend's pendrive and other infected cd\dvds ran into my computer and made it really slow.I have two drives and i thought of put os windows xp on d: and put a antivirus in it and remove viruses of c: so that my orginal vista remains. But on installing xp vista is gone. it does not ask any thing and starts vista automatically. So what im thinking of is changing bootini's content and that i don't have. so if you have content of boot.ini of vista would you mind posting it ?It would be of great help.
bloodrider
Why didn't you just scanned your laptop with a online antivirus or with a bootable CD?...
Just google it, the contents of the boot file should be "online available".
Donutey
[quoteBut on installing xp vista is gone. it does not ask any thing and starts vista automatically.[/quote]

My understanding is you were trying to dual boot the two operating systems? There are numerous guides online on how to customize/create your boot.ini file. I would post one but I don't understand your explanation of the problem.