FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your GoDaddy Domain Transfer Story

Possum
Hi

I am getting very close to Transferring my Domain Name over to GoDaddy.

My research so Far

http://udopage.com/webdevelopers/udopage_74.php

Before I do, do you have any advice for me. Some one who has already done this, your advice especially appreciated.

Also if you have transferred a domain away from GoDaddy how easy was that and how do you do that transfer..

Thank you..
coreymanshack
Possum wrote:
Hi

I am getting very close to Transferring my Domain Name over to GoDaddy.

My research so Far

http://udopage.com/webdevelopers/udopage_74.php

Before I do, do you have any advice for me. Some one who has already done this, your advice especially appreciated.

Also if you have transferred a domain away from GoDaddy how easy was that and how do you do that transfer..

Thank you..

Why would you need to xfer a domain from your current registrar?
Possum
Quote:

GoDaddy is $7 per year and my Local one freeparking.co.nz is $45 per year

I have 2 dot com domain names and like the idea of saving $$. Right now I'm just researching the idea.

thank you..
coreymanshack
Possum wrote:
Quote:

GoDaddy is $7 per year and my Local one freeparking.co.nz is $45 per year

I have 2 dot com domain names and like the idea of saving $$. Right now I'm just researching the idea.

thank you..

Sounds like they are ripping you off at freeparking.co.nz .... anyway GoDaddy has been great to me. I've registered all of my domains there and I have never had any trouble out of them. They always have some sort of promotion going on where you can save $ on domains whether it be bulk or non bulk purchases.
I've never had to xfer a domain, but like I said, GoDaddy has been good to me and I would recommend them to anyone.
Possum
Thats good advice..

As my domains are gold to me. I will transfer them one at a time and see how it goes.

I appreciate your post. It may well be the post that changed my mind to go with goDaddy

Smile
coreymanshack
Possum wrote:
Thats good advice..

As my domains are gold to me. I will transfer them one at a time and see how it goes.

I appreciate your post. It may well be the post that changed my mind to go with goDaddy

Smile

Shoot, GoDaddy should be paying me for a referal then! Smile
leontius
You may want to try www.fxdomains.com -> transferring may be slightly more expensive ($7.49) but .com renewals are just $7.49.
dude_xyx
I use Godaddy.com to can I can't they anything bad about them except they show all their products when you try to buy a domain. But its not a big deal when you compare with their price and other free features. I have transferred domains to Godaddy and also have transferred domains out of godaddy. never has a problem.