FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

due to the typhoon that ruined my laptop...

paskifire
..frihost gave me a -5. How sad
deanhills
paskifire wrote:
I'm really sorry about your laptop that got ruined by the typhoon. That has to be awful for you. I however can't understand why you did not make a nice post about your typhoon experiences. I'm sure you must have plenty of experiences to share with us? By the way, what happened to your laptop? Did you manage to get it fixed, or did you have to get a new one?
rickylau
Are you going to tell me you have suffered from Typhoon Parma? (You live in Philippines?) It seemed to be a catastrophic typhoon in Philippines...

Why didn't you store your laptop in somewhere safe? (Or is it that your house had been destoryed? <- hope not... or you took it outside while the typhoon was there?)
ankitdatashn
deanhills wrote:
paskifire wrote:
I'm really sorry about your laptop that got ruined by the typhoon. That has to be awful for you. I however can't understand why you did not make a nice post about your typhoon experiences. I'm sure you must have plenty of experiences to share with us? By the way, what happened to your laptop? Did you manage to get it fixed, or did you have to get a new one?

Agree with him, you should explain it a bit coz its too apparent to say anything.
goutha
All you have to do is to write one or 2 messages and there will be no problem.

The real problem is that you lost your laptop, and that's sad...
standready
paskifire wrote:

First, sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that the laptop is all you lost.
Frihost did NOT give you a -5! You were not able to post so your points dipped into the negative range. As I see this post you are already back up to +10 points. So why act like it is Frihost fault? Even if your points had dropped far lower than they did, Frihost most likely would not have deleted you. Even if they had, if you contact a mod and explained the situation, I am sure they would have reinstated you.
Nameless
No, it's a good point though. When you've had your laptop destroyed in a typhoon, you really do need to be careful about running up a virtual debt that could unwillingly destroy something as vital as your hosted communication with the outside world. It's not just sad, it's the kind of risk that could send you into ruin.

Actually, wait. Typhoon.
guissmo
Oh my. I'm so sorry for your loss. -5 pts is still manageable. You can work your way back up to positive in no time. Very Happy
supernova1987a
I do not have enough frih$ otherwise I'd certainly donate you. Sorry to hear about your laptop due to Typhoon. Global warming, eh? Be careful there!
paskifire
deanhills wrote:
paskifire wrote:

The technician said that it can't be fixed anymore.. It was soaked with water and mud during the typhoon.. I can say that I'm inexperienced when it comes to flood because it was the first time that happened in our place considering that our area isn't a "water basin" type of land. We have no 2nd floor in our house so 4 feet from the ceiling were underwater Laughing Approximately 7ft from the ground was the vertical clearance of the flood. The flood rises so quickly so we have to secure ourselves before anything else. So I didn't managed to save my laptop. I'm so lucky that my mom bought me a new computer set. And now, I'm back although I don't have any job at the present. But I'll gonna update my portfolio. Anyway, thank you for your concern I appreciate it. Very Happy Take care

rickylau wrote:
Are you going to tell me you have suffered from Typhoon Parma? (You live in Philippines?) It seemed to be a catastrophic typhoon in Philippines...

Why didn't you store your laptop in somewhere safe? (Or is it that your house had been destoryed? <- hope not... or you took it outside while the typhoon was there?)

Parma is the international name for the recent typhoon here in the Philippines called "Pepeng". The one that brought us flood is "Ondoy" (The typhoon before Parma/Pepeng) although Pepeng raged over Northern Philippines, and took many lives of the Filipino People and also their livelihood. I don't know what is the international name of that typhoon. Ondoy sucks bigtime. But I am sure of one thing, "Climate Change". Evil or Very Mad The Flood is rising very fast at that time so we prioritize our lives first before anything else. It's the first time that we've experienced it in our place so we are not prepared. But now, we're ok and busy recovering our normal lives. BTW, thanks! Surprised

ankitdatashn wrote:
deanhills wrote:
paskifire wrote:

Agree with him, you should explain it a bit coz its too apparent to say anything.

thanks, you can read my explanation to my reply to his post Very Happy thank you

goutha wrote:

Yeah.. It's very sad but I'm thankful because we are safe that time. My Internet Connection is unstable at the moment so I can't visit frihost that often. But we are slowly recovering and patching things up.

standready wrote:
paskifire wrote:

First, sorry to hear about your loss and I hope that the laptop is all you lost.
Frihost did NOT give you a -5! You were not able to post so your points dipped into the negative range. As I see this post you are already back up to +10 points. So why act like it is Frihost fault? Even if your points had dropped far lower than they did, Frihost most likely would not have deleted you. Even if they had, if you contact a mod and explained the situation, I am sure they would have reinstated you.

Yeah it's also my fault. I'm struggling at that moment and I can't think normally so I didn't managed to see the real cause of -5. But now, I'm alright and posting so many posts Very Happy to get back the -5 Laughing BTW, thank you.

guissmo wrote:
Oh my. I'm so sorry for your loss. -5 pts is still manageable. You can work your way back up to positive in no time. Very Happy

Thank you, I'll do my best Very Happy

supernova1987a wrote:
I do not have enough frih$ otherwise I'd certainly donate you. Sorry to hear about your laptop due to Typhoon. Global warming, eh? Be careful there!

That's right, Global Warming. I hope it can serve as a wake up call.

mOrpheuS wrote:
multiple posts merged
chasbeen
What's this about a Typhoon?
paskifire
Sort of Very Happy
apple
It must have been scary. Anybody got pics of the after effects that I can see?
tony
Wow; I'm sorry to hear you were in the typhoon. It must be scary!! I have never experienced a typhoon but I have seen videos and it does look very scary...
Fatality
Sounds like quite the experience. I'm glad that you're alright, but it is a bummer that the laptop was lost. A human life is more important then valuables any day. Hope you and everyone there are able to recover quickly.
paskifire
Thanks everyone Smile . Yeah We are doing our best to recover from what happened. The experience we had during the typhoon is awesome. Awesome in the sense that people here in the Philippines helped each other during and after the calamity. In spite of that, We're still smiling and living our daily lives as if as nothing terrible happened to us. That's why my family can't give up. Still I'm struggling in creating a new design for my website for potential employers to see it as a portfolio. I will post some pictures and videos there when everything is done. Smile
Dean_The_Great
Wow! That sounds like a very intense experience. I've never been in a natural disaster of that proportion. I have been in a few Typhoons in Japan, but they were all on the mild side and didn't last that long.
jigoku05
paskifire wrote:
deanhills wrote:
paskifire wrote:

The technician said that it can't be fixed anymore.. It was soaked with water and mud during the typhoon.. I can say that I'm inexperienced when it comes to flood because it was the first time that happened in our place considering that our area isn't a "water basin" type of land. We have no 2nd floor in our house so 4 feet from the ceiling were underwater Laughing Approximately 7ft from the ground was the vertical clearance of the flood. The flood rises so quickly so we have to secure ourselves before anything else. So I didn't managed to save my laptop. I'm so lucky that my mom bought me a new computer set. And now, I'm back although I don't have any job at the present. But I'll gonna update my portfolio. Anyway, thank you for your concern I appreciate it. Very Happy Take care

rickylau wrote:

Parma is the international name for the recent typhoon here in the Philippines called "Pepeng". The one that brought us flood is "Ondoy" (The typhoon before Parma/Pepeng) although Pepeng raged over Northern Philippines, and took many lives of the Filipino People and also their livelihood. I don't know what is the international name of that typhoon. Ondoy sucks bigtime. But I am sure of one thing, "Climate Change". Evil or Very Mad The Flood is rising very fast at that time so we prioritize our lives first before anything else. It's the first time that we've experienced it in our place so we are not prepared. But now, we're ok and busy recovering our normal lives. BTW, thanks! Surprised

ankitdatashn wrote:
deanhills wrote:
paskifire wrote:

thanks, you can read my explanation to my reply to his post Very Happy thank you

goutha wrote:

Yeah.. It's very sad but I'm thankful because we are safe that time. My Internet Connection is unstable at the moment so I can't visit frihost that often. But we are slowly recovering and patching things up.

standready wrote:
paskifire wrote:

Yeah it's also my fault. I'm struggling at that moment and I can't think normally so I didn't managed to see the real cause of -5. But now, I'm alright and posting so many posts Very Happy to get back the -5 Laughing BTW, thank you.

guissmo wrote:

Thank you, I'll do my best Very Happy

supernova1987a wrote:

That's right, Global Warming. I hope it can serve as a wake up call.

mOrpheuS wrote:
multiple posts merged

That's funny coz you live in the mountains(lol!) and you got flooded while I live near the river and the flood here is just below my knee!