FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PayPal's Sandbox

Dennise
For anyone using PayPal's 'Sandbox' to do e-commerce website testing before going 'live', I have discovered a problem that users might find interesting.

PP's Sandbox has a 'reset' function that appears straightforward and harmless. It is not.

Be warned that the Sandbox 'reset' does more than this functions says on PP's Sandbox website. Included, but not limited to, in an acount Reset are the following:

PP button code no longer will work(e.g. Add To Cart) The code must be downloaded anew or edited.
    Tax tables are removed.
    Shipping tables are removed

This took me a while to discover and I offer this to others to save them lots of wasted time and frustration.

Wink
coreymanshack
Dennise wrote:
For anyone using PayPal's 'Sandbox' to do e-commerce website testing before going 'live', I have discovered a problem that users might find interesting.

PP's Sandbox has a 'reset' function that appears straightforward and harmless. It is not.

Be warned that the Sandbox 'reset' does more than this functions says on PP's Sandbox website. Included, but not limited to, in an acount Reset are the following:

PP button code no longer will work(e.g. Add To Cart) The code must be downloaded anew or edited.
    Tax tables are removed.
    Shipping tables are removed

This took me a while to discover and I offer this to others to save them lots of wasted time and frustration.

Wink

Thank you very much, I didn't know about any "Sandbox" through paypal. I was going to use them to offer credit card payment and paypal payment ( of course ), I didn't know there was really any real issues implementing Paypal in wich it had to be tested extensivley before going live. I figured it was just plug and go!
Dennise
I found PayPal rather difficult and arcane to set up ............. especially shipping costs.

While just as difficult to use, their "Sandbox" is instrumental in testing your website before going 'live' and paying PayPal their cut for each transaction if you do go live and have to debug in a live environment.

It all works, but it's somewhat of a slog Confused And make sure you download their (free) Sandbox 'users' manual ...... very useful.
distantship
yeah, when i first tried out the paypal sandbox I was getting too frustrated. If only I saw your post back then, should have save a lot of my headache. thanks for the share anyway.
chatrack
Do you know if the problem still exists with paypal sandbox
ist-olga
Thanks for sharing "reset" functionality. I just started to use it and didn't know about that.
I have another problem - when I click "enter test suite" it shows me "Connection reset". Besides the whole sandbox is so slow. Does anybody experience the same?
zimmer
i dont know anything about paypal sandbox. I use only paypal thats all i know.. whats the difference?
geekbackpacker
zimmer wrote:
i dont know anything about paypal sandbox. I use only paypal thats all i know.. whats the difference?

sandbox is the tool to test online payment