FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Strokes

rogue_skydragon
Anyone a fan of The Strokes? They're recording their fourth album as we speak, and I'm getting really excited because its been about four years since the last album. Lead singer Julian Casablancas is coming out with his own solo album as well. What are your guys' thoughts?
rogue_skydragon
Not sure if I'm gonna be chastised for double-posting, but I just didn't want to start a new thread.

The Strokes are scheduled to release their fourth album March 22th of this year. I'm soooo stoked! They've been out of the limelight for quite a while, and so this new album should mark a new era for them. Apparently they'll be putting records out a lot quicker after this one is released. Double stoked!

www.thestrokes.com - for the news

Anyone else excited for this? Any Europeans out there still interested in this NY band? Or have y'all just moved on?
Ankhanu
I've always kinda liked the Strokes, but I've been digging them more lately. I'm not really up on them, but I've been enjoying some of their old stuff.
Been making me want to get some fuzz pedals for my guitar Razz
gverutes
I heard they got theri start at CBGB's because one of their dads is a famous fashion guy and hooked them up. I wish all good bands had those types of connections!
ricardo22
i love the strokes!!!
rogue_skydragon
gverutes wrote:
I heard they got theri start at CBGB's because one of their dads is a famous fashion guy and hooked them up. I wish all good bands had those types of connections!

Haha, most definitely. I don't think CBGB's was the venue they started in...I think it was either the Mercury Lounge or Arlene Grocery
zymmac
This "post so you can get web host" is dumb. Well, anyway, I've just missed The Strokes in Vegas cuz the tickets went from 50 dollars (reg price) to 200 after it was sold out
rocking
Very exciting new dude,
Can't wait to hear the new material.
Ntham
Greats musicians!