FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost Top 100

Possum
Hi

Is there a way for me to view the Top 100 Frihost sites by traffic. I would like to do this so I can see how they make popular sites..

Thank you..
Fatality
I would be interested in this as well. Not to see how people design their sites, but more to view the diversity of websites being hosted on Frihost.
adeee
i am also intrested...
ocalhoun
Possum wrote:

Is there a way for me to view the Top 100 Frihost sites by traffic.

It'll be complicated by the fact that they are on several different servers. You might have to settle for most popular on each server.
Ghost Rider103
Should have posted this in Web hosting support or Frihost support, as I really doubt Bondings even looks in the General Chat.
medesignz
surely a mod can move it on
Vrythramax
I edited the topic title of this thread as we are named FRIHOST not FROHOST...and also moved the topic to the FRIHOST Support Forum.

-moved-
rvec
won't happen, because not all users want their site to be public. So we'd have to ask every member if they want their site in the list. Kinda like the directory... Razz
tingkagol
ocalhoun wrote:
Possum wrote:

Is there a way for me to view the Top 100 Frihost sites by traffic.

It'll be complicated by the fact that they are on several different servers. You might have to settle for most popular on each server.

Not to mention the limited bandwidth allotted for each account. It's hard to say which is more popular than which when most likely these sites will have exceeded their monthly bandwidth allocation.
shkhanal
Ya, these technical difficulties will prevent from publishing the list. But anyway, it would be interesting to have such a list.
Bondings
A lot of people might not want their websites publicly mentioned. Also it's pretty hard to make a ranking anyway without putting some javascript on every page (to count real visitors).
medesignz
isnt there a website that publish's site stats?
mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:
A lot of people might not want their websites publicly mentioned. Also it's pretty hard to make a ranking anyway without putting some javascript on every page (to count real visitors).

Indeed, but it is entirely possible to find out a list of websites hosted on the FRIHost servers using only search engines & some network tools.
And once such a list is available, getting rough traffic estimates for each of them is not very difficult, either.
deanhills
Not a bad idea to show some of the really serious Frihost Websites and they don't necessarily have to be high-traffic ones either. Maybe this could also be achieved by having a competition of sorts and people who think they have good Websites submit these for the competition. We don't have to have 100 Websites, but 50 and even less would be great names to have. From the point of view of people wanting to publish Websites, they would be able to check these out and it may even be a good advertising for Frihost.