FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Always Start an Application in Administrator Mode on Windows

cscorpian
Always Start an Application in Administrator Mode on Windows Vista

Many utilities need to be run as administrator in order to function properly, especially older utilities that haven’t been updated to support Vista yet.

All shortcuts in Windows Vista have a special property that you can set that will allow the application to run as Administrator. This works perfectly for creating a batch file to restart a service, for instance.

To set this property, just right-click on any shortcut, and click the Advanced button on the Shortcut page to get to the Advanced Properties dialog.

You’ll see a dialog with a checkbox for “Run as administrator”.

From now on, the application will always run as administrator if you use the shortcut to launch it. (You’ll be prompted by UAC if you have it enabled).
carlospro7
I don't run into this problem since whenever I am using windows, I am always logged in as administrator. But for those who are not administrators, how can they run as administrators, if they don't have admin privililedges?
brokenadvice
Quote:
I don't run into this problem since whenever I am using windows, I am always logged in as administrator. But for those who are not administrators, how can they run as administrators, if they don't have admin privililedges?

You shouldn't be able to, but it may ask you for an administrator account and password to run as, like in XP.
cscorpian
You are right, brokenadvice

As you told this is to run older applications on Windows Vista. For example:- Command Prompt
In order to use the full capabilities on Command Prompt, you need to right click on the cmd icon & click on Run as Administrator