FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

China

gj1012
Did you come to China?And what you think about China?
Cliffer
i'm from china. china is too big and developing too fast,there are many many good things and good people,on the other hand there are many many bad things and bad people. it depands on what and who you meet. wish you lucky if you come to china.
bmcbryan
gj1012 wrote:

I visited China, Easter 2008. Beiking, Shanghai and Suzhou. I was really impressed - thoroughly recommend it.

The Chinese people are unbelievably friendly. In Beijing - the capital city they walk up to you in the street wanting to chat. At first, I thought they might be looking for money or selling something - they just like to practice their English, and want to help if they see you looking at a map.

There is a huge amount to see - Forbidden City, Summer Place, Great Wall etc, just in Beijing alone.
PureReborn
^_^ The people in the major cities in China are used to seeing Foreigners now. When I was growing up in China 10 years ago, I lived in Guangzhou and back then its really rare to see a non asian so people would act so surprised and awkward if they met one. But now people are use to it, and most sales people can speak so basic English. The English education in school has gotten much better too.

Thats completely different if you go to a small town though, they will just stare at you and avoid you.
Flakky
I think that China has the best population and the worst leaders. Chinese should be able to get a decent payment and get what they deserve.
wowfan
Flakky wrote:
I think that China has the best population and the worst leaders. Chinese should be able to get a decent payment and get what they deserve.

you don't know the situation of china,but welcome to china! Laughing
Xanify
I was in Beijing for three months last year studying Mandarin and I loved it. Very Happy Had a great time, met some great people, did loads of fun things - best three months of my life. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.
PureReborn
I want to go to Shanghai for the World expo this summer! Too bad I need to work to earn money for Tuition >_<.

On second thought, Shanghai in the summer is way too hot for me anyways. I'm too used to the Canadian weather.
deanhills
PureReborn wrote:
I want to go to Shanghai for the World expo this summer! Too bad I need to work to earn money for Tuition >_<.

On second thought, Shanghai in the summer is way too hot for me anyways. I'm too used to the Canadian weather.
Why can't you earn some money in China, with teaching English? If you really want to go, there is always a way. Smile
app893
China is a famous country,it has very long history and many invention.it's very good pleasure to travel here.you are warm welcome.
mark1230
i am from India .. i do love china ,,,
I wish to travel distant places in china,,it is really big country..
inuyasha
I'm a native Very Happy
Cities in China are different in every aspect. Some small cities, eg. Beihai, are quite annoying, where taxis are always screaming, rubbish can be seen everywhere and some people are impolite.
While in some big cities, eg. Shenzhen, are far more comfortable.
Tonight I'm heading for Beijing Smile , the capital city, to know more about my homeland.

In conclusion, I can't give a proper comment to China, since it's too large and places vary.
Cliffer
china is like chinese dishes,many many different flavors in different areas.hot,sour,bitter,sweet...
hard to say in one word or in one book.
nghiepanthi
China is a developed country and a country has a long tradition
debjitbiswas
Well i never visited there, china.
May be visite someday.
syj824
very intreseting ,
syj824
syj824 wrote:
very intreseting ,

why we talk about our country abroad?we - tianchao- so intreseting
syj824
Flakky wrote:

Indeed,Not all leaders are public servants,
syj824
nghiepanthi wrote:

not developed,developing country
syj824
inuyasha wrote:
I'm a native Very Happy
Cities in China are different in every aspect. Some small cities, eg. Beihai, are quite annoying, where taxis are always screaming, rubbish can be seen everywhere and some people are impolite.
While in some big cities, eg. Shenzhen, are far more comfortable.
Tonight I'm heading for Beijing Smile , the capital city, to know more about my homeland.

In conclusion, I can't give a proper comment to China, since it's too large and places vary.

i agree with u
gandalfthegrey
I am scared of crowds. If I did visit China, I would be selective about where I would go. I would probably like to visit Harbin and the famous winter festival there. Xian and the Terra Cotta Warriors and the Great Wall of China. Also parts of southern china. I love the Szechewan cooking and I would love to see a Panda bear up close.
inuyasha
nghiepanthi wrote:

No... My homeland is just a developing coutry. I don't know whether you typed it by mistake... But I'm really suprised to know China could be defined as a developed country.
u16888
young lady loves aliens in china
u16888
syj824 wrote:
nghiepanthi wrote:

not developedŁ¬developing country

officer's wallets were developed
inuyasha
u16888 wrote:
syj824 wrote:
nghiepanthi wrote:

not developedŁ¬developing country

officer's wallets were developed

Very Happy Yeah I can't agree more~ They really are. Officers' wallets are developed while they are still being developed~
Chilavert
I'd like to go
cannn
I wanna go to China
steevemartin1
Chinese People are very nice and i love them because of their hospitality things.They are very good in that.If you are visiting a place on your All inclusive holidays where people are not good in hospitality and they do not take tension for the person who are coming from any other country then their tourism can not be flourished and that country can not earn money form the tourism.
muhiuddin
how to get china's visit visa?
weltkarte
Take the adventure and go to china! Of course there will be some hassle like litter on the street, agressive sellers, problems with language, etc. But on the otherhand you may have never visited a culture so different from home. Try their food, get in the crowded underground in Shanghai, go shopping with the asians, relax in nice gardens and so on! You will never forget and after such a trip you may think different if you hear news about china. The political system is not perfect but you may understand more afterwards....

I was there 3 years ago and it was pretty easy: Get the visa from the embassy in your country, book a flight and hotels, buy a guide book - take one with the names written in chinese to show the taxi driver - and go! My route was Shanghai - Beijing - Guilin - Sanya - Hong Kong. I would do it again!
loremar
Well, What do I think about China?
CHINA, STOP BEING GREEDY. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THIS PLANET. Mad
vidafenomenal
China is so charming. I love China.
friho
i think china is ok,big city's environment is ok but some small place is bad.china's economic is becoming more and more good, make up by 56 nations. the people is very kind.
lrj945
you guys should go to the western china to have a better view of this country.
rohan5039
gj1012 wrote:

China is a very beautiful place full of industrious people who love to work, I really like china and their people they are very caring. If you think to visit china this will be great.
hpizzle
removed
hpizzle
I'm an American expat, living and working in Chongqing. I've traveled to many Chinese cities, big and small, and find a broad and diverse cultures here, much like anywhere else. I love the broad cultural diversity within the Chinese society, and their overall growth-mindset and progressive work ethic. Chinese locals are mostly quite warm and friendly, however, it takes a lot of effort and time to get into local social circles--which as an expat the core question is how equitable are they. The same can be said about expat communities here.

Like anywhere, you have to be open-minded and have your expectations in check when traveling throughout China--rural and urban areas. And you should be cognizant and extra careful for your own personal safety, because accountability seems a little lacking here when it comes to daily routines, accidents, and personal hygiene. But this is just a general warning. For example, don't think that just because you could sue an American city for breaking your ankle on some bad sidewalk, that it is the same here in China or if you even want to go through the trouble.

I have traveled and lived in China and overseas for more than 5 years, and unfortunately, I think when traveling, most Americans have the hardest time to adjust. We can all blame it on whatever makes us happy, however, the root difference, that is the gateway to the host of differences between American and Chinese societies--even among the sub-ethnic groups within both countries--is that Chinese society behaves in a "collective" manner, while in contrast, America is promotes more "individualistic" behavior. My only hope, because I too had issues, that before traveling and/or living overseas, that travelers can check their prejudices and closed-minded attitudes at the airport before coming into the country.