FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free software site

omantye
Please review my site of free softwares. Don't expect much higher quality softwares as it is a new site.
wanshi
it is good,
Peterssidan
The site looks good. quite professional.

What I react most about is the use of the "Free software" to describe what seem to be proprietary software. Never mind, it's just my mind.
omantye
Peterssidan wrote:

What I react most about is the use of the "Free software" to describe what seem to be proprietary software. Never mind, it's just my mind.
May i ask you why? What can i do to make it not seem "proprietary software"? Release it's source? please reply.
the-guide
They are simple softwares but very useful if you need them, good site.
Peterssidan
omantye wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

May i ask you why? What can i do to make it not seem "proprietary software"? Release it's source? please reply.

No source => proprietary software. (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) But you are not using "Free software" on the site as clearly as on your post so it's not a big thing. You are obviously aiming at windows users and they often do not care about things like this so you could probably just ignore what I did say.
omantye
the-guide wrote:
They are simple softwares but very useful if you need them, good site.
Yeah. The site is relatively new. So, there are few and simple softwares. But they will grow in complexity and number with time Smile
And, thank you Peterssidan for clarifying me about free softwares. But,i didnot look there while making my site! Anyway, you don't have to pay a penny to use the softwares. so, they are free from some angle!
Ghost Rider103
It is good. But I don't see the website coming across as a professional website.

Yes, it has a lot of eye-candy, and you may think it looks good, but there are a couple main points that are missing.

For one, your background in my opinion has way too much going on. The first thing that caught my eye when visiting your website, was of course the background. This is incorrect. The first thing that should catch my eye is your main call to action. Which would be your welcome text in the monitor at the top of the page.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice looking website. I just disagree that it is professional looking.

I'd also like to point out a grammar error on the support page. In this sentence here: "Do you found some bugs in our softwares?" It should say "Did you find..."

Your website seems to already be doing great rank wise. I'd look into buying a top level domain.

Good luck!
fladry
The website is nice and the softwares are small and preety good! But the site needs few more softwares. Best of luck for you!
ssweat
nice layout, looks very professional in my opinion. Wink
alex_cyber
I think this is a free theme or it is on some nulled sites but you have do great job
andysart380
i like the fact thats its not crowded...the site loads quickly...and easy to navigate..nice job so far.
rajpk
thanx for sharing
i will check i Wink
Insanity
I have to agree that while your background and banner is eye catching, it seems to be borderline distracting. People will be confused by all the different colors that are presented. While it is nice to have a stylish and flashy website, sometimes a simple site will do the trick. Ever heard of a site called Google? It is living proof that a website does not need a flashy page and setup in order to attract visitors. All you need to do is focus on what you're selling, which happens to be free software, and the people will come.
shkhanal
Everything is good. Just the background on the top is making site look flashy.

What I'd like to drag your attention is about letting users drop their experience on downloading and using those software. If you implemented some commenting plugins, it would be great. Because today using downloaded software is not that reliable at first glance. When I install and recommend that product is good to downlaod and install, other user will feel like downloading them.
ratanegra
Hey man, (about TextView) do I really have to copy the .exe file and put it in the folder where I have my texts??... Every time I want to edit something different?