FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Is there realy ghost live in world?





adeee
Is there realy ghost live in world?

any one see them or feel anything then must explain what happen with him or

her....

adeee
apple
I believe that there is a spiritual side as for seeing 'ghosts'...I have not seen any. you?
Ophois
So many things happen which we have not explained. I will admit that there is some spooky stuff out there, and that I am willing to accept the possibility of spirits/ghosts. But I am not convinced.
Arty
I know some people who have seen a ghost.
I never have, and I'm glad of it Smile
fladry
I don't believe in ghosts because i have never seen them. I hear other people say that they have seen ghosts. But they say it so easily as if they are not afraid at all with the ghost. So, i don't believe in them.
adeee
Guys ghosts live on earth..

i have no experiance but i have belive on it..

any 1 who see then must show his experiance.. i am soo many conciaous Laughing ..

adeee
truespeed
NO. Ghosts only exist in Scooby Doo cartoons. This is the age of the camera phone,if you can see it,you can photo/video it,if they existed,we would have plenty of evidence of their existence.
deanhills
I've always loved Casper and Spooky ghosts. I'm open for the existence of "ghosts", and people who seem to be able to communicate with them. The closest I've ever come to ghosts have been in my dreams, and now and then a shiver down my spine.
czarulit
No, no, no. Ghosts don't exist. If I saw one I would believe. But there's no other option. I haven't experienced presence of any ghost. Discovery won't convince me. Smile
standready
I have had things happen to me that cannot be explained in any other way. Therefore, I believe.
Donutey
There is no way to believe in "paranormal" things without verifiable proof. I mean scientific method proof, not blurry videos and "he said she said" type things.
adeee
but i belive in Ghosts.......
rickylau
I would think in that way:

Ghosts exist, because you have cognition about ghosts (from media, or your culture). Therefore, you would have images of ghosts that you seen/imagined inside your brain, or you would believe something you can't explain is ghost/supernatural (actually there are many things you can't explain, I'm quite sure about this)

OR

Ghosts don't exist, as science can't proof if ghosts exist.
fladry
I sometimes feel as if ghosts really exist when i view "a haunting" in discovery channal. But after the program ends, no ghosts for me!
kriszara
I have a friend who claims that she sees ghosts. Says they pass through her house on their way to wherever they go. Some nights she dreams that she has to escort them and wakes up exhausted.
I have never had any personal experience with ghosts or spirits.
paskifire
Interesting topic. I believe they exist. But how?
chatrack
Even though i don't be leave in ghost. I know it is the human mind creation.
Zaini711
A ghost is just another form of entity. A human is not along in this world, there are others living things live amongst us and some can't be seen thru naked eyes. But that does not mean they are ghost. They are just a living things same like us human.

And same as human, some of this form is good and some are bad and they are the one that normally mistaken as a ghost as they create chaos amongst human.

But this is just what i think a ghost is.......
Ghost900
I believe that spirits are on the earth. I have not felt or seen spirits or ghosts but I believe they exist.
tingkagol
I don't believe that ghosts exist. EVER.

Humans have a habit of scaring themselves though. I scare myself. Take for example this photo:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/ghost-under-bed.jpg

...I'll then try to sleep at night trying to remember that I did not believe they existed in the first place. Smile

In the end, they are as real as far as our thoughts go.
biljap
I know there is a lot of thing that human’s mind or science cannot explain, but I don’t believe in ghosts… At least I don’t believe they are around us, although I would like to be close to some people… Even in this way. Sad
@tingkagol
After seeing http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/ghost-under-bed.jpg ... Scary. Shocked
Subsonic Sound
The idea of a 'live' ghost is pretty hilarious. Good oxymoron. Wink
the-guide
I don’t believe in ghosts because I never met them before. If I have an opportunity to meet them may be I will change my mind. Smile
deanhills
I'm open to the possibility, including that it can also be a reflection of our own fears and phobias. Especially when we are dreaming. "Ghosts" can have the appearance of being very real.
TurtleShell
I totally believe in ghosts. I've never seen one, but my partner seems to have, several times. I'm a bit on the fence about whether or not I'd actually like to see one--on the one hand, having that kind of experience would really validate my life-long interest in them, but on the other hand, I think it would scare me far more than it would excite me. I'm easily scared.

When we were living in New York, we moved into a 2BR that had just been occupied by a woman who died inside her bedroom. One night, my partner was standing in the living room. She looked over and saw a single wine glass sitting on the table slowly knock itself over. Was it a ghost? An earthquake?

One night while living in Boston, it as an especially windy night, I was in my bedroom and the wind picked up this fierce gust. At the same time, I heard something shatter in the kitchen. I ran to see what it was, just as my partner was coming out of the bathroom. A glass on the table, far across the room from the window, had shattered on its own. Did the wind knock it over? From across the room?

Sometimes I wonder if maybe my partner has a poltergeist that follows her around. There are other things. She saw a man in our apartment once who wasn't there... and someone in our college dorm room, standing at the window. She felt a tug on her shirt in an empty room when she was fifteen.

I go over these things in my head.
nilsmo
I believe that there is a flying spaghetti monster.

http://www.venganza.org/

He rules over us, and I've seen him multiple times.

Yes I know the human mind can be creative and that human memory is flexible, but I perceived it so it probably exists. Also, other people have seen it, too, so it definitely exists.

So I think I'm with most people on this one.
medesignz
"extraordinary things, require extraordinary evidence"

define to me what a ghost is in bullet points and i could probably stop you at bullet 1.
TurtleShell
medesignz wrote:
"extraordinary things, require extraordinary evidence"

define to me what a ghost is in bullet points and i could probably stop you at bullet 1.


I don't think there is a definite agreement about what ghosts are. They are the embodiment of some aspect of some person no longer living, yes? But someone else could have a slightly different definition.
goutha
I don't think that ghosts does exist. But it's like ET, people want to belief Smile
deanhills
goutha wrote:
I don't think that ghosts does exist. But it's like ET, people want to belief Smile
Are you sure ET was a ghost? I thought he was an Extra Terrestrial being from a different planet? Smile
Nameless
Subsonic Sound wrote:
The idea of a 'live' ghost is pretty hilarious. Good oxymoron. Wink


Curses, beaten to the punch! I clicked on this topic just to say that. Laughing

Seriously, though, I've personally seen no evidence towards the existence of ghosts, and the vast majority of cases I've heard for them can be easily explained in more realistic causes + human psychology (people wanting dead loved ones to still exist etc.).
ProwerBot
Ghosts definately exist, they're just not all weird things that you can see through and look like they're wearing a sheet. And they're typically not mean or evil.


Ghosts are just spirits that have died but did not want to or were unable to leave this earth.


My old house has a ghost, and it's of a women who used to live there and died in that house. She wasn't mean, and we never saw her. But she would do things like open doors for us and move things around. She was helpful.
jabce85
I won't believe in it until I see one.
desonium
I am not sure. I am sure that there are other species on earth than human, but before I believe in ghosts I really have to see one. or what prowerbot say: see things moving without your help.

And how you guys think of glass turning?( not sure how you say it in english but we call it glass turning in Holland)( Maybe I can explain it in words: the letters of the alphabet in a circle and then everyone has to put his finger on the glass which stands on the middle of the table)

I have seen a very scary movie about 'glass turning' when I was 12 and after that movie I really thought there were ghosts.But now i am 18 and I figured out that it was just my imagination, so till now I dont believe in ghosts.
But for sure I never in my live gonna try to do 'glass turning'
medesignz
desonium wrote:
I am not sure. I am sure that there are other species on earth than human, but before I believe in ghosts I really have to see one. or what prowerbot say: see things moving without your help.

And how you guys think of glass turning?( not sure how you say it in english but we call it glass turning in Holland)( Maybe I can explain it in words: the letters of the alphabet in a circle and then everyone has to put his finger on the glass which stands on the middle of the table)

I have seen a very scary movie about 'glass turning' when I was 12 and after that movie I really thought there were ghosts.But now i am 18 and I figured out that it was just my imagination, so till now I dont believe in ghosts.
But for sure I never in my live gonna try to do 'glass turning'


Ouija boards or 'glass turning' uses a a system to which the participants dont even know it, but they are moving the glass themselves (it was on last nights QI)
It was actually developed as a board game, and was only meant for fun, but then the spiritual nuts got their mitts on it and ruined the fun for everyone. Twisted Evil
Stolich
I already have had a lot of discussions about this. I don't believe in it, I place ghosts on the same level as witches, gnomes, fairies, etc. If it would exist it would already be scientifically be proven!

I also find that the shows in which they try to prove the existence of ghosts are just spectacle, nothing more. The concept is that two 'specialists' enter the 'haunted' house. They then turn off all lights, and just wait for something to happen. In fact, nothing happens, but the specialists say things like 'ooh, did you feel that wind passing by?' 'I saw someone moving behind your back.' 'What's that noise?' making the people believe they actually host some ghosts! The camera's and the microphones record nothing, of course.

If you want to believe there's a ghost in your house, you'll interpret sounds and shadows in a way to confirm your opinion that your house is haunted. I think the belief in ghosts is founded on misinterpretation of our senses.
ProfessorY91
Good grief. What a topic.

Personally, my religion tells me that there are no such thing as "ghosts" per say. You die, you go on, there's no dawdling about this world and spooking things. I do believe that humans exist in parallel with other things (another species) if you will, that cannot be seen. Evidence or not, there is no scientific proof to conclusively say that we are alone on this planet. Its entirely possible, therefore I believe.
desonium
medesignz wrote:
desonium wrote:
I am not sure. I am sure that there are other species on earth than human, but before I believe in ghosts I really have to see one. or what prowerbot say: see things moving without your help.

And how you guys think of glass turning?( not sure how you say it in english but we call it glass turning in Holland)( Maybe I can explain it in words: the letters of the alphabet in a circle and then everyone has to put his finger on the glass which stands on the middle of the table)

I have seen a very scary movie about 'glass turning' when I was 12 and after that movie I really thought there were ghosts.But now i am 18 and I figured out that it was just my imagination, so till now I dont believe in ghosts.
But for sure I never in my live gonna try to do 'glass turning'


Ouija boards or 'glass turning' uses a a system to which the participants dont even know it, but they are moving the glass themselves (it was on last nights QI)
It was actually developed as a board game, and was only meant for fun, but then the spiritual nuts got their mitts on it and ruined the fun for everyone. Twisted Evil


thank you for this information didn't hear of it that way, but I am still not gonna do it Wink
tingkagol
Quick question:
Did the belief of ghosts/spirits originate from religion?
allisa
I don't believe in such things. I had never seen them or feel them near me.
jmlworld
I believe there are ghosts. I have seen many people being conquered by ghosts, but I didn't see ghosts myself. Many people told that they have seen ghosts. Some often said they felt scared and others said they see ghosts in normal basis and they don't feel afraid if they meet with a ghost.
qiming
ive seen a lot of haunted movies lately and im starting to think there are ghosts. Anyone seen haunting in connecticut where the boy from the past comes back to life and finds all the dead bodies buried inside his house because it was a torture chamber before? that was scary. When i walk in my room sometimes, i also hear stange noises. thats not good is it...?
desonium
qiming wrote:
ive seen a lot of haunted movies lately and im starting to think there are ghosts. Anyone seen haunting in connecticut where the boy from the past comes back to life and finds all the dead bodies buried inside his house because it was a torture chamber before? that was scary. When i walk in my room sometimes, i also hear stange noises. thats not good is it...?


no you sure can say that that not good is.
But I think it is your imagination Wink
medesignz
qiming wrote:
ive seen a lot of haunted movies lately and im starting to think there are ghosts. Anyone seen haunting in connecticut where the boy from the past comes back to life and finds all the dead bodies buried inside his house because it was a torture chamber before? that was scary. When i walk in my room sometimes, i also hear stange noises. thats not good is it...?


Your movie watching has made your imagination run away with itself...
BigGeek
I just love all you cowards that are so scared of something that you cannot see nor understand in terms of your physical perception that you just instantly crow like a bird, "I've Never Seen One, and Someone else or some book says they are not real" So I don't believe, or my favorite, SCIENCE hasn't proven it, so it must not be true.

As far as believing in something that you can't see, let me ask this. Do you believe in electricity? Do you see it light up the bulb when you flip the switch? But you can't see electricity, hell you can't really explain WHAT IT IS? We can explain aspects of it, current, magnetism, electrons, we can see the wires it travels through or the devices it powers, but with all our "SCIENCE" we reall can't explain "What it is", but not one person would tell me they don't believe in it, hell it's very existance powers the computer I'm using to write this post.

So if you ask me, most of you talk in circles like scared little children to affraid of something you don't know about nor understand, and cop out with the old, "I can't see it, therefore it can't be real"

Can you see the wind? Can you see electricity? Can you see air? or Oxygen?

As far as science not proving it? That is one lame argument to me, scientists tend to make things up that are just not true, in order to explain something they see but don't understand, as well as denial based assumptions about things they don't know about. For instance the Ocean floors were deemed large flat abysses, until we mapped them with sonar, now they know they are covered with mountians and trenches!

Oh Wait, those aren't there, we can't see them so they must not exist. And as far as that stupid sonar thing, can't see sonar or sound waves anyway, so they must not exist. Right, am I following the logic.

Let me close with this, I'm a spiritual person, and strongly believe in God if you will, although I am not religeous, I believe very much in the existance of God, but I do not believe in what a book or someone else has to tell me about it.

For those of you that are spiritual, or religious, I have to ask this question?

How can you simply deny somthing exists just because you can't see it, you can believe in a God, and do so daily without seeing it?

I believe in all sorts of things, and I honestly feel they are energy based, and that we can't see energy, but we can feel it. Ask any good psychic, they will tell you that they energy that imparts life to a body lives on after the body dies, and they only know it by feeling?

Stop bieng such a chicken and open your mind and think about it!!!
k_s_baskar
Yes Ghosts are living in earth, they can move where ever they like. they born & live in minds of those who are having ghost fear. Smile
supernova1987a
Shouldn't it be a real ghost when numerous people see it at the same time? (and the next, it disappears or is not there even when you search for it?)
medesignz
BigGeek wrote:
I just love all you cowards that are so scared of something that you cannot see nor understand in terms of your physical perception that you just instantly crow like a bird, "I've Never Seen One, and Someone else or some book says they are not real" So I don't believe, or my favorite, SCIENCE hasn't proven it, so it must not be true.

As far as believing in something that you can't see, let me ask this. Do you believe in electricity? Do you see it light up the bulb when you flip the switch? But you can't see electricity, hell you can't really explain WHAT IT IS? We can explain aspects of it, current, magnetism, electrons, we can see the wires it travels through or the devices it powers, but with all our "SCIENCE" we reall can't explain "What it is", but not one person would tell me they don't believe in it, hell it's very existance powers the computer I'm using to write this post.

So if you ask me, most of you talk in circles like scared little children to affraid of something you don't know about nor understand, and cop out with the old, "I can't see it, therefore it can't be real"

Can you see the wind? Can you see electricity? Can you see air? or Oxygen?

As far as science not proving it? That is one lame argument to me, scientists tend to make things up that are just not true, in order to explain something they see but don't understand, as well as denial based assumptions about things they don't know about. For instance the Ocean floors were deemed large flat abysses, until we mapped them with sonar, now they know they are covered with mountians and trenches!

Oh Wait, those aren't there, we can't see them so they must not exist. And as far as that stupid sonar thing, can't see sonar or sound waves anyway, so they must not exist. Right, am I following the logic.

Let me close with this, I'm a spiritual person, and strongly believe in God if you will, although I am not religeous, I believe very much in the existance of God, but I do not believe in what a book or someone else has to tell me about it.

For those of you that are spiritual, or religious, I have to ask this question?

How can you simply deny somthing exists just because you can't see it, you can believe in a God, and do so daily without seeing it?

I believe in all sorts of things, and I honestly feel they are energy based, and that we can't see energy, but we can feel it. Ask any good psychic, they will tell you that they energy that imparts life to a body lives on after the body dies, and they only know it by feeling?

Stop bieng such a chicken and open your mind and think about it!!!


oh my...

I'm not going to try and discredit anything you've written here, but may I just say one thing...

You say the people who don't believe in ghosts, especially those who say "cant see em" are scared cowards, when if you really REALLY think about it, its you who is in fact the one who constantly requires reassurance about existence and mortality.

I am a non-believer and quite annoyed by those who cant make valid arguments.

I don't think its a case of seeing is believing, but more of an issue of proof and evidence... a bump in the night = my dead goldfish???
Arty
BigGeek wrote:
I just love all you cowards that are so scared of something that you cannot see nor understand in terms of your physical perception that you just instantly crow like a bird, "I've Never Seen One, and Someone else or some book says they are not real" So I don't believe, or my favorite, SCIENCE hasn't proven it, so it must not be true.

As far as believing in something that you can't see, let me ask this. Do you believe in electricity? Do you see it light up the bulb when you flip the switch? But you can't see electricity, hell you can't really explain WHAT IT IS? We can explain aspects of it, current, magnetism, electrons, we can see the wires it travels through or the devices it powers, but with all our "SCIENCE" we reall can't explain "What it is", but not one person would tell me they don't believe in it, hell it's very existance powers the computer I'm using to write this post.

So if you ask me, most of you talk in circles like scared little children to affraid of something you don't know about nor understand, and cop out with the old, "I can't see it, therefore it can't be real"

Can you see the wind? Can you see electricity? Can you see air? or Oxygen?

As far as science not proving it? That is one lame argument to me, scientists tend to make things up that are just not true, in order to explain something they see but don't understand, as well as denial based assumptions about things they don't know about. For instance the Ocean floors were deemed large flat abysses, until we mapped them with sonar, now they know they are covered with mountians and trenches!

Oh Wait, those aren't there, we can't see them so they must not exist. And as far as that stupid sonar thing, can't see sonar or sound waves anyway, so they must not exist. Right, am I following the logic.

Let me close with this, I'm a spiritual person, and strongly believe in God if you will, although I am not religeous, I believe very much in the existance of God, but I do not believe in what a book or someone else has to tell me about it.

For those of you that are spiritual, or religious, I have to ask this question?

How can you simply deny somthing exists just because you can't see it, you can believe in a God, and do so daily without seeing it?

I believe in all sorts of things, and I honestly feel they are energy based, and that we can't see energy, but we can feel it. Ask any good psychic, they will tell you that they energy that imparts life to a body lives on after the body dies, and they only know it by feeling?

Stop bieng such a chicken and open your mind and think about it!!!


Well what about this?
Invisible purple unicorns exist. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not real. You can't see air, you can't see electricity, you can't see individual protons. Furthermore, you can't feel light!

Just because you can't feel or see invisible purple unicorns doesn't mean that they aren't real and playing with their invisible pink siblings! Science just hasn't discovered their existence yet. You cannot deny their existence just because you can't feel or see them.

I think that invisible purple unicorns and their invisible pink siblings are made up of invisible matter, and since all matter is made up of energy, they are made up of invisible energy. All we need are the means to detect it. Once science has found this energy, science will proven invisible purple and pink unicorns once and for all.

I think I just proved my point. They are real. Just open up your mind and think about it! Or are you too chicken to do so? Yeah, that's right. A chicken. You don't believe in these unicorns because you're SCARED of them. You're SCARED that they are going to show up in the middle of the night and EAT YOUR PANTS. That's why you don't believe in them, isn't it? Because you know, and I know you know in your heart that they are very much real.

Anyway, enough about invisible purple unicorns. Let's talk about whether or not there are living ghosts in the world: No. Ghosts are already dead, therefore they can't be alive.
Denvis
No I don't think ghosts exist. Nor do zombies, vampires, warewolves, dragons, witches and what not.
nam_siddharth
How can ghosts "live"? Only death people are supposed to become ghost. Razz
ankitdatashn
I hunt down people in my free time, hahaha, anybody there with a good blood that I can suck with my sharp fangs??, I am a part time vampire Wink
guissmo
Ghosts? Never seen one. Never intend to see one. Too scary.

On the other hand, I have friends with interesting ghost stories.
Cool topic starters though.
BigGeek
I knew my post would stir up some critical response. As far as the purple and pink unicorn, I think that is a pretty poor argument, and you start off proving my point by discussing light and that you can't feel it....but you can feel the heat from it, and you can't see that.

As far as fantastical claims about thing like fantasy Unicorns, or any other thing that you can come up with to point out that my argument about something exists that we can't see, and trying to turn it into a insane assertion on my part that I'm claiming things that you can't see are real, as if I'm some sort of nut claiming to believe in things that aren't there.

I just was making a simple point, people that can't understand things that are not normal, rather than take the stance I don't know, and then do some research that might shed a "different light" on the subject, and find an explaination that makse sense as to what it might be. They simply state it is not real, and site some source like religion, or science that ...... "tells them it is not real".

I think that is the sign that someone is afraid, they are too scared to think out of the box, to afraid to form an opinion of their own, and need someone else to tell them what is right. Not only that, but when someone comes along that points that behavior out, is instantly labeled the crazy screwy one!

I never said that I believe "ghosts exist" I just said that there are all sorts of energy and other things that do exist that we can't see. And that there might be a logical explaination for it.

Hell physics describes multiple dimensions that exist beyond our site, that we can't see. Whole dimensions? WOW what could be in those?

Don't shoot the messanger!!
medesignz
BigGeek wrote:
I knew my post would stir up some critical response.

Seeing as you started the post by calling everyone cowards, you're more than likely to get people on the wrong side of cooperative.

Your "simple" point was just that... SIMPLE... but it was, I'm afraid, wrong! Scientists dont know everything, and its them who admit that. Scientific discovery is just, that mistakes can be declared, but to disprove something, there has to be proof of the opposite. (I dont know if that makes too much sense).

With the things we cant see... there is a by-product of it, so we can see its existence in that. Electricity through a light-bulb and the wind with the movement of trees.

Is there anything else out there that we know exists but we cant see... Sound... Smells...
PokerHeaven231
Well, I never felt a ghost, but I sure saw one at my aunts! It was pretty scary at first, but it didnt do me anything. Very Happy Atleast I think it was a ghost..
mattyj
Absolutely Not

Like someone else said, nearly everyone has a camera phone these days, there would be Photos, Videos etc of ghosts if they existed, but there isnt, so they dont
medesignz
mattyj wrote:
Absolutely Not

Like someone else said, nearly everyone has a camera phone these days, there would be Photos, Videos etc of ghosts if they existed, but there isnt, so they dont


Do you think thats the reason they dont exist?
mattyj
medesignz wrote:
mattyj wrote:
Absolutely Not

Like someone else said, nearly everyone has a camera phone these days, there would be Photos, Videos etc of ghosts if they existed, but there isnt, so they dont


Do you think thats the reason they dont exist?


I want proof before i believe in something as ridiculous as ghosts

If they do exist, why is there no proof?
medesignz
Is the reason you think they dont exist because you havent seen any? Do you not think there may be another reason why you they think they wouldnt exist?
mattyj
medesignz wrote:
Is the reason you think they dont exist because you havent seen any? Do you not think there may be another reason why you they think they wouldnt exist?


Of course there is other reasons why i believe the souls of dead people dont exist as "ghosts" i was aiming my statement at people who do believe asking why there is no proof, get it?
Jamestf347
Quote:
I totally believe in ghosts. I've never seen one, but my partner seems to have, several times. I'm a bit on the fence about whether or not I'd actually like to see one--on the one hand, having that kind of experience would really validate my life-long interest in them, but on the other hand, I think it would scare me far more than it would excite me. I'm easily scared.

When we were living in New York, we moved into a 2BR that had just been occupied by a woman who died inside her bedroom. One night, my partner was standing in the living room. She looked over and saw a single wine glass sitting on the table slowly knock itself over. Was it a ghost? An earthquake?

One night while living in Boston, it as an especially windy night, I was in my bedroom and the wind picked up this fierce gust. At the same time, I heard something shatter in the kitchen. I ran to see what it was, just as my partner was coming out of the bathroom. A glass on the table, far across the room from the window, had shattered on its own. Did the wind knock it over? From across the room?

Sometimes I wonder if maybe my partner has a poltergeist that follows her around. There are other things. She saw a man in our apartment once who wasn't there... and someone in our college dorm room, standing at the window. She felt a tug on her shirt in an empty room when she was fifteen.



are you sure they were ghosts?

Edited by Ghost Rider103: Make sure to use the quote tags when quoting another users post.
Greatking
Ghosts do exist. there witchcraft manupulations and some use juju to conjore up images of the dead. some other people with strong spirits are able to reveal themselves to their loved ones.
medesignz
Greatking wrote:
Ghosts do exist. there witchcraft manupulations and some use juju to conjore up images of the dead. some other people with strong spirits are able to reveal themselves to their loved ones.
Is this opinion based on a belief system?
rsnewz
im not sure.....
azoundria
Of course there are ghosts.

As for whether they exist in the real world, I can never be too sure.
medesignz
ahh... i thought we were talking about goats
hamza1122
i do believe in things like that but not ghosts. in my religion they're called jinn.
medesignz
hamza1122 wrote:
i do believe in things like that but not ghosts. in my religion they're called jinn.
What do you believe in, apart from ghosts?
speeDemon
I believe that if there is life, then there must be some form to communicate or well, sort of live after death too..

The only thing on which I can base this is that we know nothing much about the universe, we dont know our purpose or basically anything, so i guess its better if we just keep an open mind about everything...

there can be a thousand possibilities!
medesignz
I agree that there is a thousand possibilities, but I feel there are a million impossibilities...
calculus
Well, there is no scientific evidence of an "afterlife" whatsoever, therefore, one can not state whether there are or there aren't paranormal beings such as ghosts.

Therefore, people divide themselves into two groups: The ones that opt to believe and the ones that opt to not believe. I personally fit myself on the second category.
speeDemon
medesignz wrote:
I agree that there is a thousand possibilities, but I feel there are a million impossibilities...
I guess infinite actually!
medesignz
When we die we become cheese?
rafaelplinio
There is no doubt that there are more than humans living on this earth...

It's a very small mind the ones that believe that there are no more things living on earth and in the universe...
It's such a big universe.... why only man could use it???... impossible...

There are things living out there just watching us... how we (humans) are watching them too!!!

Don't you think we know about some other race living on earth? We DO!!! but it's a secret... not to harm the population,.....
but anyway,.... here we are... thinking that we are the masters of the universe!!!
medesignz
aliens = yes / possible
ghosts = no / neh / never
goutha
Yes there's ghosts living on earth but we cannot see them. CONCLUSION : There's no ghosts living on earth.
ankitdatashn
This is really a dubious question asked. Nothing can be said with confirmation as not much evidences exist to prove whether ghosts exists or not. It is a hypothetical or more over a supernatural question in place. Lemme tell by my experiences and sources.

First Of all I am awestruck to find this thread as I experience something likewise today, as soon as I came to my room after taking a bath and was changing my clothes I noticed that the fan automatically started, I also heard the sound of the switch....Now the thing is I only started the lights and as it is cold here already so there was no need to switch on the fan. Soo I was quite surprized at this event.

And in past also Once I saw some shadow in the light, I mean a silhoutte but with no substance, so was quite surprized at that too!

Any how, nobody can prove that ghosts exist or not unless we encounter them in real, So many channels shout at aliend, ghosts, etc, but 1st hand information is more impactful...

So am still unsure and cannot say with an absolute verdict...
medesignz
ankitdatashn wrote:
Any how, nobody can prove that ghosts exist or not unless we encounter them in real, So many channels shout at aliend, ghosts, etc, but 1st hand information is more impactful...
I love this topic... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

The above quote says, nobody can prove that ghosts exist or not...

So if the cant prove it... They dont exist right? Prove their existence, and I will eat my shoes
TurtleShell
WHy do you have to prove the existence of ghosts in order for them to exist? Can't somethings be unprovable? And anyway, who says we won't prove the existence of them in the future?
Hogwarts
TurtleShell wrote:
WHy do you have to prove the existence of ghosts in order for them to exist? Can't somethings be unprovable? And anyway, who says we won't prove the existence of them in the future?
And with that logic, I can tell you that there's a purple flying hippopotamus that lives in a sock somewhere in Arctic.

And to relate this to the idea of ghosts
  • You can't prove it doesn't exist, but you can't prove it exists. As there's no evidence either way, it should be assumed to be a construct of the imagination (as with the flying hippo)
  • Nothing is 'unprovable'. The fact that it's not provable means it doesn't exist; as if it did exist, it would somehow influence the universe (being matter/energy) and therefore would be provable.
  • If you can't prove the existence of it now, or even have a rational reason to believe in its existence, it is a construct of the imagination (as, if there was a grounds for its existence to be believed, it would be likely provable or at least be a theory)
TurtleShell
But maybe we haven't proven the existence of ghosts yet? As you said, we haven't disproved it, and I feel like in the history of the world there have been things that we thought to be true, which then did turn out to be true, but which we had no means to prove for a while.

And just because something is neither provable nor disprovable, does that automatically make it a construct of the imagination? Can you prove the way I'm feeling right now? If you can't, does that make my current emotional state just something I am imagining? Can you prove that when I was six I twirled my two year old brother around and around until he got so dizzy that when I set him down he walked straight into the edge of the table? Can you disprove it? If you can't prove it or disprove it, did it happen or no?

I suck at logical arguments, you can totally cream me on this and that's ok...
medesignz
No Silicon Heaven? But where would all the calculators go?
paskifire
I think spirits exist.
Hogwarts
paskifire wrote:
I think spirits exist.

Then, forgive me for saying this, you're quite clearly schizophrenic
sudipbanerjee
I am not sure that whether Ghost survive in the world or not but I can say onething that the story of the ghosts are really interesting. In the childhood after reading those stories, several times i scared about their existence. But when I grow up this fearness become weak to weaker. and now I beleive that our own fear and sometime our surroundings make us nervous and we begin to thought there is someting around us which is not natural.
imagefree
Ghosts do not exist. People want to believe what their ancenters believe. Nobody even cares for a reason.
Arty
If spirits exist, then in "theory" they could still be tethered to this world. All they need is a supply of energy to stay tethered.

If people stopped giving energy to a ghost, I think the ghost would be forced to move on to the next world.
iman
Without ghosts, life wouldn't be as interesting. So it's good to keep believing Very Happy
deanhills
iman wrote:
Without ghosts, life wouldn't be as interesting. So it's good to keep believing Very Happy
Right, I love Spooky! I guess Spooky is evidence of anything being possible that our imagination can conceive.
Parkour_Jarrod
Arty wrote:
If spirits exist, then in "theory" they could still be tethered to this world. All they need is a supply of energy to stay tethered.

If people stopped giving energy to a ghost, I think the ghost would be forced to move on to the next world.


So what your saying, is that when people forget about the person who died (assuming the spirit is a dead person) that the spirit can then move on, but when they are remembered and mourned constantly they remain on earth?

I actually see the logic in that.
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
So what your saying, is that when people forget about the person who died (assuming the spirit is a dead person) that the spirit can then move on, but when they are remembered and mourned constantly they remain on earth?

I actually see the logic in that.
I think it is completely the other way round. The person is still alive for us when we are mourning them. We cling to a "spirit" that is really part of our own, rather than having a separate existence of its own. When we learn how to get past our mourning, then we get to let the "ghost" part go. Our minds and emotions are in essence playing tricks on us when we are going through intense stress. We get to imagine things that do not really exist. Think that is the part of the horror movies that impressed me the most where the person in the horror movie is reminded not to believe what he/she is seeing, as it is not real and can injure that person if the person sees it as real. Also people are usually more susceptible to "ghosts" when they are in a vulnerable state and their defenses are down.
misterXY
Ghosts are real, The Sims prove all. Razz
No, l don't believe in ghost, just the body messing with you imo.
Related topics
Movies
for live```
My list of musics
P.O.V on the world
LIVE SOCCER
when will the world end?
Microsoft Windows & Office Live launched
real ghosts
World of Warcraft: Current Evercrack?
Is it just me or is the world being taken over stupid people
Soccer World Cup 2010 South Africa
Where has the "Christ" gone in Christianity?
The New Xbox Experience
Best place in the world to live?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.