FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What kind of friends ?

dude_xyx
If there are friends who would ignore you the whole time but only comes to you when they feel like shit and need to talk to someone, how you would react to them ? Would you listen to them everytime forgiving an forgetting about them or simply tell them to get lost ?
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
If there are friends who would ignore you the whole time but only comes to you when they feel like shit and need to talk to someone, how you would react to them ? Would you listen to them everytime forgiving an forgetting about them or simply tell them to get lost ?
I doubt I would tell them to get lost. I probably would not concentrate very much on what they have to say however, as I would be wondering why they are talking to me and when they would forget about me again. I may also try and avoid them. If I see them coming my direction, I may make a quick duck, or make an excuse to get away.
Ophois
Like in the other "friend" thread, friendship isn't for free with me. You have to put forth the effort to be my friend, and I will do the same. If someone were like this to me, I would not really consider them as a friend.

I wouldn't tell them to "take a hike", that's just mean. But I would remind them that I am not to be used as a councilor, and I don't particularly like people who are "fair weather friends" either. You can't come to me as a friend in need, then not come around until you are in need again. If they truly are your friend, they would reconsider how they have treated you.
andysart380
when people like that come to me i tell them "hey...i got my own problems to worry about"
natilovesmike
I am not sure what you mean by "they only come when they need something" does that mean that they listen to you if you need them or not? because in that case I don't think there is anything to forgive...people have different interests and obligations in life...and sometimes it is so hard to keep in touch. I feel that way a lot!!!! I barely have time to call my friends and its usually them that contact me first and this makes me really happy because I wouldn't want to loose their friendship.

So, I think that if those friends are there for you when you need them, then they are your friends and you should be there for them even if you don't talk with them as often.
Klaw 2
You can avoid them they take your friendship for granted and wel it's hard you can tell them how you feel about this if they listen anyway. If they don't care or change it's time to look for a new friend perhaps..
azoundria
If they ignore you and pay attention to everyone else, perhaps there is a reason.

Maybe you need to engage a bit more? Take a role as a leader? Get things done?

I don't think they do it on purpose to isolate you. They probably don't even know you're upset. You're just 'the guy that follows them around'... You need to be 'the guy who makes a party awesome'...

If you think they do anything on purpose, then of course ditch them and get new friends. But otherwise, look at yourself. It's a lot of work to make new friends, and I'd hate for that to be for naught.