FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

External Hard Drive compatibility

Tony The Tiger
I have a 2007 Hewlett Packard Pavillion DV9000T laptop with two internal hard drives. I use one as the data drive and the other for programs and old files that I don't change much. I have been attempting to get an external enclosure so that when my system drive is down and I have to sen my computer back to Hewlett Packard, I will have my data available. I ordered an enclosure off of eBay and the pins don't line up with my hard drive. I have a hard drive that seems to have been manufactured by Western Digital and is model WD1200BEVS-60USTO. It also has drive parameter numbers LBA 234441648. Can I get an enclosure for this type of drive to use as an external drive.
Donutey
What size is the drive you are trying to install (3.5" 2.5" ?), is the enclosure made for 2.5" or 3.5" or both?
Tony The Tiger
I have a 2.5" SATA drive. I accidentally ordered an IDE case and am going to ship it back next time I go to the post office. HP tried to get me to purchase an adapter kit (http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computer/categories/docking_solutions/1/accessories/KK192AA?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN ). I do not believe that this is actually the device that I want to purchase. I bought a SATA case off of eBay.
Donutey
Glad to hear it worked out Mr. Green
Tony The Tiger
Donutey wrote:
Glad to hear it worked out Mr. Green

It is actually still in transit. (fingers crossed, knock wood, etc.)