FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FRONTPAGE EXTENSIONS

Greatking
I have been trying to enable the front page extension for my website and it gives me this error:

Cannot Execute Your Request

Error setting up your web: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.2" not found, required by "owsadm.exe"

I have read some stuff but i cannot understand a thing.

Can someone please help as i need to publish my website in 10 days.

Thanks in advance.

You PM me at bkandoh@gmail.com
deanhills
I'm not a Website design expert by a long shot, however have had some experience with FrontPage extensions and have used FrontPage from 1999 to date, and Expressions Web II for the last three months. I must say I prefer Expressions Web II. If you are ready to publish your Website in either of these two software Windows, maybe you can follow the following steps:

1. Access your cPanel (http://www.yourname.frihost.net/cpanel), enter your log-in and password.
2. Scroll right down to the last section in cPanel. It is called ADVANCED. FrontPage Extensions Icon is on the far-right of this section.
3. Click on FrontPage Extensions. When I got my Website space I did not have to do anything as the FrontPage extensions had already been installed for me (maybe by default?). But this is the place where you check whether it has been installed on your Website. It also gives you a tool to re-install if the FrontPage extensions have not been installed.
4. Once you are ready to publish your Website in FrontPage or Expression Web, all you have to do is to go to File/Publish site in either your FrontPage or Expression Web Window, and then publish your Website to your Website address: http://www.yourname.frihost.net. I prefer Expression Web II as it comes up with your local Website files on your hard disk, and you can then access your remote Website, and the files in your remote Website will show in a column next to your local hard disk files, with the option to move files from to the other and vice versa.

Alternatively, once you have published from your local disk to your Website, next time round when you want to make changes, you can open your Website directly from either FrontPage or Expression Web and do all your edits online. I usually find that is recommended when I install components such as a Web counter.
Greatking
Thanks for the reply.

I am using Direct Admin, and i used web expression to design my website. I created a form that requires thee front page extensions to be installed and mine was not enabled by default.

When i try publishing from web expression it also prompts for the front page extension to be installed.

I still get the same error, Please help Sad Sad Sad
deanhills
Greatking wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I am using Direct Admin, and i used web expression to design my website. I created a form that requires thee front page extensions to be installed and mine was not enabled by default.

When i try publishing from web expression it also prompts for the front page extension to be installed.

I still get the same error, Please help Sad Sad Sad
I'm now confused. Did you follow the steps I indicated to access your cPanel? As that would allow you to re-install your FrontPage extensions. Once you are in your cPanel, it is the ADVANCED section right at the bottom of the cPanel, you have to scroll down to it. Then click on FrontPage extensions.

Try and "re-install" the extensions as per below:
Greatking
Thanks again for the reply.

Because of the server reallocation (am on server 2) i will try again and give you a feedback.

Thanks
Greatking
"I'm now confused. Did you follow the steps I indicated to access your cPanel?"

I am sorry but this does not help me as I am using DIRECTADMIN AND NOT CPANEL

Thanks anyway for the effort.
k_s_baskar
yes i am also getting the same error message while trying to install frontpage extn. in my domain.

Can anybody solve this?
Smile
Greatking
k_s_baskar I really feel your frustration because am in the same position.

Please anybody out who can help, I think the tech guys should have a look at this.
mOrpheuS
Greatking wrote:
I have been trying to enable the front page extension for my website and it gives me this error:

Cannot Execute Your Request

Error setting up your web: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.2" not found, required by "owsadm.exe"

That appears to be a common error in FreeBSD+DirectAdmin combination.

Bondings will have to install the compatibility package.
I'll bring this to his attention.
Greatking
Thanks mOrpheus for the response.

Looking forward to a feedback, My website is hanging in limbo.
Bondings
Could you please check if it is working now? I executed the instructions from the page m0rpheus mentioned.
Greatking
Thanks a million, the status is now showing enabled.
Greatking
Greatking wrote:

My form is still not working and when I go to the frontage Admin I get this error.

Not Found
The requested URL /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Bondings
Greatking wrote:
Greatking wrote:

My form is still not working and when I go to the frontage Admin I get this error.

Not Found
The requested URL /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you maybe try to remove the extensions and add them again and see if it works then?
Bondings
If that doesn't work, please try the following I found on the DA forums: remove the 3 Auth* lines in the file domains/domain.com/public_html/_vti_bin/.htaccess . (Authname, AughUserFile and AughGroupFile). You can disable them by putting a # in front of each line. Afterwards you also need to reboot your own machine, it appears.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113&highlight=frontpage
Greatking
Bondings wrote:
If that doesn't work, please try the following I found on the DA forums: remove the 3 Auth* lines in the file domains/domain.com/public_html/_vti_bin/.htaccess . (Authname, AughUserFile and AughGroupFile). You can disable them by putting a # in front of each line. Afterwards you also need to reboot your own machine, it appears.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113&highlight=frontpage

I have followed all the steps and now when i try the form i get this error:

HTTP 404 not found

the request /_vti_bin/shtml.exe was not found on this server.

I am doing something wrong? I used Web expression to design the website and the forms are supposed to send an email to a specified email address.

Please help.
deanhills
Greatking wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I have followed all the steps and now when i try the form i get this error:

HTTP 404 not found

the request /_vti_bin/shtml.exe was not found on this server.

I am doing something wrong? I used Web expression to design the website and the forms are supposed to send an email to a specified email address.

Please help.
I now am having problems too Greatking. When I tried to edit my Website today I could not, I'm not sure whether it is only a Frontpage Web Extensions problem however, it could be the server so have posted the problem in Frihost Support as well.

When I tried to get into my cPanel this message came up:
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@deanhills.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

mOrpheuS
-locked- unless someone needs it to remain open.

In which case, PM any staff member.