FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Avatar

shenyl
I managed to watch this animation on my local TV channel, and was quite happy with the story.

Especially the mix of humours (some time in their very natural responses expressed) and tensions.

Tried to buy the series from the local DVD stores, but unable to get them.

Anyone watch this and know if I can get the anime online?

I mean tested download and not fooled by the download.

With many thanks.
Phinx
Watched all of it and really enjoyed the whole series, now waiting for the movie they are making and hoping they will not make a mockery out of it like they did with the DBZ movie.

As for the second question, yes, you can get it online. I even think you can watch it online. Put effort in to it and you will find it Smile
shenyl
Yap, I read that in the online search, and saw a trailer of the movie.

But the downloading is quite confusing, as they seem to be by each episode, and each costing euro 2.

It will be good if I can watch them for free online, or purchase DVD, rather than one episode at a time.

Will try harder to find them, as I have not seen the earlier parts of the series.

Thanks.
amperx
yes you can view it online, and i watch it too, all of the books Very Happy, and i must say, it may be the best cartoon/anime<- if you can call it that way, that i've ever seen, even if you compare it to most japanese made ones, avatar really is good Very Happy
menino
Yes, you can watch avatar online. I believe its at www.watchavatar.cc, or watchavatartv.org and my favourite is www.avatarchapters.org.

ato784
menino is right those sites are really great and i also recomend them
joostvane
Avatar was a great series. Watched all of them and enjoyed it a lot. The trailer of the movie was good, but I expected it different. We will see how it goes.
menino
I was expecting the Avatar Movie in 3D, by James Cameron was from this Anime series, but it wasn't.
Do any of you'll know if there is a movie for the series Avatar?
QrafTee
menino wrote:
I was expecting the Avatar Movie in 3D, by James Cameron was from this Anime series, but it wasn't.
It's called The Last Airbender... it's probably going to suck.
amperx
QrafTee wrote:
menino wrote:
It's called The Last Airbender... it's probably going to suck.

not probably but i think it will suck, for real!

but i still hope they will somehow make it work, still hoping for the movie xd
QrafTee
I'm still hoping for a sequel series about Zuko.
amperx
QrafTee wrote:
I'm still hoping for a sequel series about Zuko.

yeah i dont mind if they make an entirely new series based on zuko finding his mom i still think theirs still alot f story they can make up for avatar
menino
Yes, the avatar movie is called "The Last Airbender", and is directed by M. Night Shayamalan.

I think its going to be awesome, and in 3D, and should be out before end of this year.

I was also thinking of watching all the episodes again, if I get the time.

I remember that I had started watching it, when I went to sleep at my friends place on the couch, and his son and his friend started watching it late night during the weekend.
I was sleeping, but then seemed to get interested in it, and thereafter I was hooked.
I downloaded all of them, saw them, and shared them with my friends kid, and he was elated.

He also got me hooked on Bleach.
liberta
yes, you just might get or use to know but in the future dvd ones avatar as online there, but which exist on the server do not know now you get you can install or monitor to know but in reality avatar this series Cartoons escape and a nice style to get better are really super Very Happy
QrafTee
Phinx wrote:
Watched all of it and really enjoyed the whole series, now waiting for the movie they are making and hoping they will not make a mockery out of it like they did with the DBZ movie.

As for the second question, yes, you can get it online. I even think you can watch it online. Put effort in to it and you will find it Smile
They already did make a mockery of it by casting all white people as the good guys and Indian people as the villains of the movie. It's such an Asian culture-inspired series... but Hollywood has managed to molest the concept... More surprisingly is Shamalamala's traitor to his own people.
driftingfe3s
Yeah movie had horrible ratings due to the bad acting and hard to follow plot. I'm really disappointed because I really wanted to see it despite, the horrid casting. Still it seems to be doing fairly well, probably because many people watched the cartoon and the flashy effects seems to draw people who've never heard of the cartoon.
taytay
menino wrote:

That threw me off too. I saw the preview for "the last airbender" when i saw transformers 2 in theater. when Avatar came out I rushed in excited to see avatar the last airbender.. I was confused at first, took about 10 minutes to fully comprehend it was NOT the last airbender, and then i turned to actually like it. 3D made it that much cooler too.

I am an avid fan of Avatar: The last airbender, and I was extremely depressed with the 3D movie that just came out. It's a pathetic excuse for a movie honestly. The main problem with it was the Producer, Writer, And director was all the same guy. A good movie VERY rarely comes from those 3 roles being filled by one person. Not to mention a lone writer. The director was bad enough as it was before he took on the job. The story like of "The Last Airbender" movie could honestly be mistaken as one written by a child. The acting was horrible too, but that's also the directors fault. DOH!

MAYBE the 2nd part of Last Air Bender will be better..... IF they fire that last director
QrafTee
taytay wrote:
menino wrote:

That threw me off too. I saw the preview for "the last airbender" when i saw transformers 2 in theater. when Avatar came out I rushed in excited to see avatar the last airbender.. I was confused at first, took about 10 minutes to fully comprehend it was NOT the last airbender, and then i turned to actually like it. 3D made it that much cooler too.

I am an avid fan of Avatar: The last airbender, and I was extremely depressed with the 3D movie that just came out. It's a pathetic excuse for a movie honestly. The main problem with it was the Producer, Writer, And director was all the same guy. A good movie VERY rarely comes from those 3 roles being filled by one person. Not to mention a lone writer. The director was bad enough as it was before he took on the job. The story like of "The Last Airbender" movie could honestly be mistaken as one written by a child. The acting was horrible too, but that's also the directors fault. DOH!

MAYBE the 2nd part of Last Air Bender will be better..... IF they fire that last director
No, the problem is that M. Shamalashamala doesn't know what the hell he's doing; his movies are getting poorer and poorer ratings with each new movie with his name on it.
taytay
QrafTee wrote:
No, the problem is that M. Shamalashamala doesn't know what the hell he's doing; his movies are getting poorer and poorer ratings with each new movie with his name on it.

Amen brother. I think from now on Peter Jackson should direct every movie made out of a book or tv show that has a huge fan following. That would please me.
QrafTee
Anyone seen this mini-comic of what happened to Aang after Book 2 ended--and before Book 3 started?
Well he visited his previous incarnations of course.