FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


deleating Virus possibly from limewire or frostwire





kdog238
may have come in through a porn video, or a music file from either one of the two or from a friend i know this is really broad but i'm having a little trouble getting rid of it but my toshiba satelite laptop keeps freezing up, and acting weird and slow like when i type the laptop is "slow" so it appears after a few seconds instead of right away only sometimes though.. what should i do to get rid of this one
Peterssidan
video, or a music files should not be able spread virus because you don't execute them. Anyway, you could try to look in the task manager on what processes taking up more CPU to see whats wrong maybe. Or use a anti virus program and scan your computer. If nothing helps you could ty to reinstall your OS. That use to help Wink
LostOverThere
Well, first thing's first is scan your computer. I highly recommend Ad-Aware. The free version will done fine for a good scan.
bloodrider
Peterssidan wrote:
video, or a music files should not be able spread virus because you don't execute them...

If you have to download a license so you can "see" the music/video, then you may be infected with a virus.


kdog238, your laptop may be infected with a trojan, as you say it's really slow your laptop it's being used as a mail server or something else. If you use Limewire or something similar, you should give up on them, if you're not really careful they will bring you problems.
To solve your problem you should do some online scans, two at least, BitDefender and [url=http//www.eset.com]ESET[/url] (If you're on Windows XP, don't forget to do this scans on Safety Mode). If the access to these sites is denied, you'll have to scan by a bootable CD, or else, you can format Twisted Evil
Peterssidan
bloodrider wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
video, or a music files should not be able spread virus because you don't execute them...

If you have to download a license so you can "see" the music/video, then you may be infected with a virus.

a license? a textfile?
[FuN]goku
Also, try out Avast or AVG. Both free anti-virus apps.
bloodrider
Peterssidan wrote:
bloodrider wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
video, or a music files should not be able spread virus because you don't execute them...

If you have to download a license so you can "see" the music/video, then you may be infected with a virus.

a license? a textfile?

Sometimes when you want to play a multimedia file, the player itself asks you for a license to be able to play that file, you may download and install the license. This license may be a virus, it's a common way to spread virus trough mp3/wmv/wma files got on Limewire.

[FuN]goku wrote:
Also, try out Avast or AVG. Both free anti-virus apps.

As for a free antivirus, you should go to Avira, Avast and AVG aren't that quite good, and even Avira...
Peterssidan
bloodrider wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
bloodrider wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
video, or a music files should not be able spread virus because you don't execute them...

If you have to download a license so you can "see" the music/video, then you may be infected with a virus.

a license? a textfile?

Sometimes when you want to play a multimedia file, the player itself asks you for a license to be able to play that file, you may download and install the license. This license may be a virus, it's a common way to spread virus trough mp3/wmv/wma files got on Limewire.
ok. I didn't know about that. I guess this behaviour is for a specific media player.
Diablosblizz
You can get infected from mostly everything nowadays. Best thing to do is install an antivirus that will delete it. I recommend Avast or Avira.
Da Rossa
This is not a solution, but an advice: don't use Lime of Frostwire to download anything but .mp3 files. NEVER download .zip or .rar files in there.
Bielhelm
That right... but for now: Install not only a AV Program... get something that is looking on your PC for "malware" also..
I prefer "Spybot Search and Destroy" or "AdAware"... might be a solution. After that: if youre working inside a network: kill all unused LINKS for Networkdrives / and or Files.
After that: try "CCleaner" ..
Related topics
Anti Virus
Virus says - Pay me or else ....
can a virus cause unrecoverable damage to HD?
Michael Jackson 'Suicide' virus spreads
What to do when you get a virus
HOW TO ENSURE THAT VIRUS DOES NOT SPREAD THRU YOUR ADDRESSBk
Stupid MSN virus
Windows Vista Virus!!
Virus leftover :)
What programs MUST you have open?
P2P Program for Linux
Internet Explorer/Yellow/limewire download
w32 virus removal
What happened with limewire and frostwire?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.