FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bruce Willis

deanhills
Who also likes Bruce Willis? One of my favourite actors. Tonight I saw an old movie of his "Hostage", and what an incredibly well made movie it was.
PleoMaster
Hes getting abit to old. In his new film in the surrogates he looks like 80 year old.
Ophois
I do like Bruce Willis, and I think he should do more comedy. He is truly a funny individual. The Fifth Element movie is one of my favorites. The scene where the Priest Cornelius knocks Corbin Dallas(Willis) out while he's making coffee is great, just the look on Bruce Willis' face cracks me up. I tried to find a clip of it so I could post the image, but I guess it's a little obscure.
deanhills
Ophois wrote:
I do like Bruce Willis, and I think he should do more comedy. He is truly a funny individual. The Fifth Element movie is one of my favorites. The scene where the Priest Cornelius knocks Corbin Dallas(Willis) out while he's making coffee is great, just the look on Bruce Willis' face cracks me up. I tried to find a clip of it so I could post the image, but I guess it's a little obscure.
Totally agreed, he has a classic face for comedy. Some of his facial expressions in the Die Hard movies have been precious. One of my favourite Die Hard movies was "Die Hard with a Vengeance" with Samuel Jackson. The dialogue between the two was hilarious. You are right, it's a pity he did not do more comedy shows.
soljarag
yeah Fifth Eliment was one of my Favs... Also:

all of the Die hards
Jackal
pulp fiction
whole nine yards
Mercury Rising
unbreakable
carl_fernandes
good action hero.... the die hard series rock...
atul2242
Great actor, has natural talent which he has polished. 12 monkeys is a good film to watch....
Silayon
I'm a massive fan of Bruce Willis. I've enjoyed all his movies so far. Action/comedy movies are just so fun to watch Smile
silverdown
He is also on my list as favorite actors, my favorite movie he played in has to be Fifth Element
Ophois
atul2242 wrote:
Great actor, has natural talent which he has polished. 12 monkeys is a good film to watch....
I forgot about that one! One of my favorites too! I love when he is beating the pimp with the telephone, that whole scene is hilarious. Brad Pitt was brilliant in that movie as well. It's funny, Pitt played a guy named Jeffrey Goines. I knew a guy, years ago, with that same name. He was crazy too.
SunD3R
Willis is getting a little too old but i'm not complaining. I mean, look at Clint Eastwood, he's still acting.
Ophois
SunD3R wrote:
Willis is getting a little too old but i'm not complaining. I mean, look at Clint Eastwood, he's still acting.
I thought Eastwood retired from acting after Gran Tourino. I could be wrong, but I think he is only directing now, if anything.
Dean_The_Great
I think Bruce Willis is fantastic. I just watched Die Hard again yesterday, and he was awesome it in. I would love to see him to more comedy, or really anything. I think he's great.
deanhills
Dean_The_Great wrote:
I think Bruce Willis is fantastic. I just watched Die Hard again yesterday, and he was awesome it in. I would love to see him to more comedy, or really anything. I think he's great.
You're right, he has just the right kind of face for successful comedy. He really was excellent in the Die Hard movies as well.
matam
Willis made another off-kilter cameo, this time as a macho military fanatic in the “Planet Terror” segment of “Grindhouse” (2007), a compilation of two 90-minute horror flicks from Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez that was a throwback to the days of bloody, sex-fueled, low-rent double features that played in seedy 42nd Street theaters in New York City. He then reverted to playing the heavy in “Perfect Stranger” (2007), a dull and lifeless thriller about an investigative reporter (Halle Berry) who poses as a temp at an advertising agency in order to unravel the murder of a friend connected to a powerful ad executive (Willis). Meanwhile, action fans had cause to scream a celebratory “Yippee-ki-yay, motherf*****!” in the summer with the long-awaited return of hero-cop John McClane in the fourth installment of the “Die Hard” series, “Live Free or Die Hard” (2007). Returning to the signature role he created nearly twenty years earlier, Willis played an older, less resilient John McClane entering middle-age who – when duty calls – would prove that once an action hero, always an action hero. He then played a bearded, overweight parody of himself in “What Just Happened?” (2008), Barry Levinson’s satire about a middle-aged Hollywood producer (Robert De Niro) struggling to hold onto the last vestiges of his flagging career.
dickyzin
Bruce Willis is getting old for action I think, although I really like him in Die Hard. He can do more thriller or drama.
mgeek
I like Bruce Willis. The first time I saw him was in a TV series about a female private detective. Then in the movies, I saw him in "The Last Boy Scout." In the movie, one can already see shades of "Die Hard." The "Die Hard" series was great. B. Willis is a versatile actor. He does not only do action; he also does drama and comedy. "Hudson Hawk" was comedy and action. An example of suspense-drama where he acted well is that movie about a boy who sees dead people, Sixth Sense.
Rajiev
I think he is getting (too) old too Sad
Too bad cos he is one hell of a action actor. I loved all his Die Hard films and all.

The latest I've watched is Sarrogates. I wonder how they have make him so young looking in this. If this technology was really there, he could really use this right now cos he is getting a bit too old for being an action figure :p

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000246/
ermanay
he is a good actor
deanhills
Rajiev wrote:
I think he is getting (too) old too Sad
Too bad cos he is one hell of a action actor. I loved all his Die Hard films and all.

The latest I've watched is Sarrogates. I wonder how they have make him so young looking in this. If this technology was really there, he could really use this right now cos he is getting a bit too old for being an action figure :p

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000246/
I guess all he needs to do is check with Demi Moore his ex. She definitely knows how to stay young forever. Not that Bruce looks that old however. He is pretty well looked after. But yes, maybe he can do with a few tips from his ex wife.
agustin
Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson is amazing. He is a great actor for sure!
mgeek
agustin wrote:
Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson is amazing. He is a great actor for sure!

I saw that movie too and it was great seeing those two actors together.
TVme
I remember him from the beginning. I was a huge fan of the TV show Miami Vice, he was Troy Amato in one of the best episodes. He came to fame in the hit TV show Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd. Die Hard 5 is in the works. If you see one of his earliest movies Blind Date in the bargain bin, grab it. It's goofy but fun.
mgeek
TVme wrote:
I remember him from the beginning. I was a huge fan of the TV show Miami Vice, he was Troy Amato in one of the best episodes. He came to fame in the hit TV show Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd. Die Hard 5 is in the works. If you see one of his earliest movies Blind Date in the bargain bin, grab it. It's goofy but fun.

Thanks for reminding me of Moonlighting. That's where I first saw him in a TV series. "The Last Boy Scout" was the first movie I saw him in.
deanhills
I also enjoyed "Moonlighting", he is really good with scripts with a sense of humour in them. Am looking forward to the next Die Hard movie.