FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Funny website about bad crafts for sale

furtasacra
I know there's a bunch of crafty people on here, so here's a website that should probably amuse you... it's Regretsy.com - regrettable craft items on Etsy.com.

They're not making fun of the crafters themselves, they're just making fun of awful crap that some of them seem expect to actually be able to sell, for real money.

I think probably the worst offender is a poorly rendered painting of what appears to be a limbless individual in a hospital bed... and they have a giant kitten head. What's worse, they priced this monstrosity at $99,000 dollars.

Some of the items are baffling, but amusing, like the uterus pillows, and some are just baffling, like a rock with U.S.A. painted on it, and they apparently take two weeks to make, for some reason.

Anyway, the humorous commentary on Regretsy is entertaining, it's kinda like What Not To Crochet and What Not To Knit, but they're taking aim at EVERYBODY who makes weird rubbish and tries to sell it. I mean really, who actually wants a molded polymer clay vulva on a chain?
carlospro7
Those are funny. I guess I can see a college student buying a condom holding pillow that resembles a condom. The cat picture was kind of lame, I would never buy it.
crossroads
Well I have to say that I went through the first two pages of that website and really cant believe that people actually would buy those things. They are all junk that people are actually trying to make money on. That to me is pretty much just stealing money from people stupid enough to fall for buying junk. I really feel that they shouldnt allow that kind of stuff but I guess everyone is trying to just make an easy buck now an days and will do anything to do so. I feel bad for people who go and spend there money on that though because think about it for a minute. What will you do with those kind of things once you have them? Sit them on your wall, put them on a shelf, I mean really? They are better off in the garbage can then on a website trying to be sold. That is just my two cents.

I understand that they are also humorous to some and may be just for a quick joke, that is fine but to put a price and hope that some sorry sap gets suckered into buying it is a sad thought.
Magicman
Sites such as that which pick out the weirdest parts (or make up fake weird parts) of another community based site are always rather funny. I can't believe people would actually pay for some of the things on that site, especially at the ridiculous price some of the items are at.
scallywag
Thank you for making my life! This site is endlessly amusing Razz
Diablosblizz
I like the email somebody sent:

"I love this site! It's like LOLCats for mean people!"

Great fun, could go through all of these for hours! Some are just plain weird.
Ophois
Great site!
I love stuff like this. One that really made me laugh, just image-wise, was this poncho:

Now you too can look like the Disney Channel Movie version of the Abu Ghraib torture scandal!
Oh sweet joy!

Thanks for this, Furtasacra.
Just in case, I thought I would add a funny site to this thread:
This is photo bomb.
ocalhoun
Ophois wrote:

Notice the little caption there below the photo? "sold out" ...
I guess people do want these...
But why?
deanhills
Can't believe the prices. Sort of gross, and yes I agree with Ocalhoun, this confuses me too.
jabce85
hahahha.... hilarious!! i'm just glad my stuff wasn't on there!
natilovesmike
I just spent the last half an hour going through that website and I just couldn't stop laughing!!!!!

Thanks for sharing...I needed a laugh like that.
guggs
With Christmas fast approaching I will scouring that site for present ideas for all my relatives and friends. I don't expect many of them to be talking to me in 2010 unless they come to visit me in the asylum.
Crazy_Canuck
This site is HILARIOUS!!!

Thanks for sharing, I just forwarded it to all my friends on Facebook too.

Great find!! Some of those gifts will just KEEP on giving ... nightmares, that is!
furtasacra
Update: there is now a section called "SOLD" on Regretsy - apparently the extra traffic is actually helping people sell this crap.

Unbelievable. Time to start selling laminated cat turds on Etsy, and hope I get a link from them.

The fleece poncho REALLY gets me, though, because that is a no-sew item. I am SO not paying $15 for a piece of fabric with a hole cut in the middle and slashed around the edges with scissors. I could make one myself in about ten minutes, so that comes to about $90 per hour, minus the cost of fabric. What an AWESOME scam.
coolclay
That's a really great website, thanks for the link. I had never heard of Etsy either. I am a very gifted crafter as well, especially when it comes to jewelry. I am glad to know there is a website where I can sell stuff if I run out of local customers.

I am always amazed at what people try to sell and at such ridiculous prices.

If only I was a better scam artist LOL!
furtasacra
coolclay wrote:
That's a really great website, thanks for the link. I had never heard of Etsy either. I am a very gifted crafter as well, especially when it comes to jewelry. I am glad to know there is a website where I can sell stuff if I run out of local customers.

I am always amazed at what people try to sell and at such ridiculous prices.

If only I was a better scam artist LOL!

Whoa! You never heard of Etsy?? Well, I'm going to pat myself on the back for actually posting something useful, for once, even though my intention was to be entertaining. I'm thinking about trying to sell some of my crocheted lace gloves on there, every time I wear them somebody asks me where they can get a pair.
tchaunt
Holy crap...xD I love this site. Thank you very much for posting it. Etsy with a twist! >< I love any site that points out the oddities of other main-stream sites...or even mistakes in real life (like Cake Wrecks).
erlendhg
That's funny.
Sites with stuff like that is always entertaining, and crazy!
guissmo
I didn't find it amusing.
I guess it's just not my thing. Smile

Have fun with it, people. Very Happy