FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ruby on Rails

simplyw00x
Just looked at this (http://www.rubyonrails.com), and it looks like an insanely easy and cool way to create websites. Maybe you could add it as a language for Frihost, to give us a chance to play with its features? Just an idea...
Bondings
simplyw00x wrote:
Just looked at this (http://www.rubyonrails.com), and it looks like an insanely easy and cool way to create websites. Maybe you could add it as a language for Frihost, to give us a chance to play with its features? Just an idea...

I might upgrade the server a bit and ruby (on rails?) might then be added, if it is possible and easy to add, of course.
pix
if you have trouble installing ruby on rails i can help you out
I have installed ruby on rails on apache and fastcgi, I tell you its no pickle but to get this up and running would be nice for all users of frihost.
srijit
is it really worth going to all the trouble of installing ruby on frihost? you need fastcgi properly configed and there are chances that it might just be trouble. yes, its nice to have, but not a necessity Razz
sciondestiny
What is this Ruby on Rails? Is it more of a predefined website program or something like that. Because if it is, I would suggest another one which is way better and stronger, NUKE-EVO:

www.nuke-evolution.com

It is a suggestion worth looking into!
Marston
sciondestiny wrote:
What is this Ruby on Rails? Is it more of a predefined website program or something like that. Because if it is, I would suggest another one which is way better and stronger, NUKE-EVO:

www.nuke-evolution.com

It is a suggestion worth looking into!
No... it's a framework for creating web applications - NOT software.