FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The IT Crowd

Glyph
wikipedia.org wrote:
The show tries to add a large number of references to geek culture and professionalism, mostly in set dressing and props. Dialogue (both technical and cultural) is usually authentic and any technobabble used often contains in-jokes for viewers knowledgeable in such subjects.

This is a great series, I've jsut starting watching it and have to say it's one of the best comedies i've seen. It's from the UK and has a lot of great humor relating to information technology and the like. Quick and witty humor is shown throughout by most of the characters and keeps it very entertaining.
I recommend anyone interested in the IT field to check it out Razz
Radar
Ha. I haven't seen it, but the number of times I'm at uni - around IT students - or at work - around iT people - and someone refers to the 'Have you tried switching it off and back on again?' is quite uncanny.

It really is the classic solution Smile
georgeodowd
My co-workers and I adore this show. We've got signs all around the office with quotes from it, and our routers all have little stickers on top that say 'The Internet'. Pretty genius stuff.
If you like Richard Ayoade (Moss) and Noel Fielding (Richmond), you should also look into The Mighty Boosh. It's a bit more bizarre, but definitely comedy at its prime!
guggs
I've worked in IT for longer than I care to remember and I have to admit that I've met people like the characters from "The IT Crowd" many, many times. It's not quite true-to-life though as they don't have a tall, dark, handsome & intelligent guy to represent me !
georgeodowd
Has anyone seen Pirate Radio (The Boat that Rocked) yet? Both Chris O'Dowd (Roy) and Katherine Parkinson (Jen) are in it. I saw it last Friday and it was marvellous! Highly recommend it. Now if only they had cast Richard Ayoade as well, it would have been flawless. Smile
menino
Yeah, this show is hillarious.
I just can't stop laughing at some of the incidents they get themselves into.
Laughing
adri
Just finished watching Season 4. I find it a brilliant Comedy series! There are actually some things in it that I haven't seen before in such 'sitcoms'. Like for example some of the jokes return in other episodes (like Richmond, I thought he was a one time appearance but he returned quite a few times). It's also nice that the story doesn't just takes place in the basement but also outside, in restaurants, at the office of Reynholm etc. which is also nice. Smile

Also the behavior of Maurice Moss is a very good laugh, Richard Ayoade does it really good!

So for everyone who like English humor and also Computers, this is a must see. Very Happy

adri
todmordenfred
Great Great Great series, one of the few things that UK tv does get right.
Its a hard choice to make but I go for IT crowd over Big Bang Theory..
Views on the merits of either?
tazone
its awesome
its ridiculous
its everything
loyal
Does anyone else think that a few of the episodes in Season 4 were quite poor in comparision to the other series? For example, if you compare the first ever episode with the first episode from Season 4, you notice a big difference in quality.
Although one notable exception is the Countdown episode in Season 4. I loved that! So melodramatic!

Peace.
Nameless
The IT Crowd is the only show I have ever watched with canned laughed that is actually funny. The first two seasons were awesome, the last two still had their moments but just weren't same without Chris Morris in them. Sad
loyal
Nameless wrote:
The IT Crowd is the only show I have ever watched with canned laughed that is actually funny. The first two seasons were awesome, the last two still had their moments but just weren't same without Chris Morris in them. Sad

Who :S?

If you meant the goth, he wasn't that funny a character.
portoskt
i work in it area, and not all things from that show are just a jokes )))
missdixy
There needs to be more episodes to this show!! It is absolutely amazing and hilarious. I first saw it on Netflix in the instant section and since then I've been hooked!! My only complaint is that the seasons are too short Sad

loyal wrote:
Who :S?

If you meant the goth, he wasn't that funny a character.

Chris Morris wasn't the goth, he was the guy who played Denholm Reynholm
mplankbball
Nameless wrote:

I agree. Although watching him walk out the window is possibly the funniest moment in the series.
Insanity
Sounds like a very funny series. I will look into that. Anyone know if it's on Hulu or something similar?
missdixy
mplankbball wrote:
Nameless wrote:

I agree. Although watching him walk out the window is possibly the funniest moment in the series.

Yes haha, that was awesome!!!
loyal
missdixy wrote:
mplankbball wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Yes haha, that was awesome!!!

No the funeral was even funnier! I personally preferred the guy who played his son! Hilarious!
adri
They both had their charms... Senior Reynholm for being utterly stupid and having a very attractive and overdone laugh and Junior Reynholm for being a sexist and misinterpreting everything. Smile

Does anyone know when the fifth season will start this year? I haven't found a date yet. Razz

adri
braklin
The IT department. While their colleagues work in fantastic surroundings, Jen, Roy & Moss must work below ground in the dark & wicked basement, struggling to make it in to normal society.
menino
[quote="missdixy"]There needs to be more episodes to this show!! It is absolutely amazing and hilarious. I first saw it on Netflix in the instant section and since then I've been hooked!! My only complaint is that the seasons are too short Sad

Yes, I also feel that the seasons are short - but each episode is really funny though.
ricardo22
this is really great and funny!
loved that episode about "Fire [exclamation point]! Fire [exclamation point]! Fire [exclamation point]! Fire [exclamation point]!" hahaha it was so great