FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The new Account page and Request Mod

Bondings
You might have noticed it already, but from now on you'll get access to a special Account page where you will be able to manage your account. At the moment, only your request status is visible. During the next few months, other options will be added and the layout will be changed.

New members will get a link to the request page once they reach 5 posts and 10 Points. On the request page, you will be able to fill in the needed information for a hosting account, it is your full name, a requested subdomain and a description of your website. You will also need to accept the TOS before requesting.

After requesting, you will be kept informed about the status of your request. Once accepted or rejected, you will get a pm with information.

Hosted members won't be able to do anything yet on that page. In the future, however, you will be able to do various other things, like submitting your website to the directory, changing your subdomain or canceling your account.
xorcist
That looks good people can stop asking about when is my hosting going to be accepted or looking through the Accepted forum. It takes alot of work off for them.
Deji
definately a good idea.

Very Happy
Simulator
Very nice Bondings, looks well
Daniel15
Sounds good. Hopefully this stops people continuously asking "When is my account going to be created". I suggest you have a message like this when someone submits a request:
"Thank you for submitting your hosting request. There are xxx requests ahead of yours, expected to take xxx minutes/hours/days to complete"
Obviously taking into account the average time it takes to create an account. Then, at least people would have an estimate on when they will get their account.

If you need help coding it, you can always ask me (As I'm pretty good at PHP/MySQL) Very Happy
CrimsonStrange
Thank you so much for all of your hard work. Applause
The link to each user's total posts is a real time-saver!

I hope your efforts and the efforts of all the mods & admins will make your lives easier.
budazz
thats good bondings...it will limit those requester....who dont read tos...and dont follow rules..... Very Happy
n0obie4life
Great Wink.

Just a suggestion. The font looks weird..and can you add a login if the user accessed without being logged on?
Summer
Perfect Idea . Very Happy
monty
HI bonding.

I just added a request for my hosting.
And yeh,
I wanna know when will my request will get done.
yes i needed to open a new topic ?

or just paste a request on that page link you gave for request?

thanks for working for us!

keep that up,
always
rohit mehta
zdzichu2005
Im really optimist after reading this. Hope that registration is fast, and I`ll be able to show my page for 2 days.
But no matter how long it will take to get account I allready think its a great idea Laughing
Alienz
What can I say? This definately a great idea

Very Happy
pevensie
Looks excellent! Looking forward to seeing the members page in the future too!
lockwolf
I really like it, I can't wait for members stuff!

Feature Request: Also some forum side features would be nice things to get such as custom titles.
Cryptz
What a great addition to the forum Very Happy

i love the new icons too, i took a 5 day holiday and came back today and noticed them

Very Happy wonderful Very Happy
skynet
wow it's a nice thing... cos you all had big problem to answer to all.. now it's will be better and more orderly and nice.
good thing!!
dan751
I love the new idea!Very Happy I can't wait to see what some of the features will be for the currently accepted users when it's finished.Smile Keep up the awesome work Bondings.Very Happy
sibbahz
This could be really useful saving admins time and preventing them awful wheres my hosting threads
Monochrome
This options is perfectly designed. I think it's very useful. Thanks...
Dragonfly
I should say this is a very good move. It seems to ease the work admin has to do manually.. I'm happy to see frihost progressing each passing day.

BTW I haven't commented on Admin's avatar, its great! I will keep posting Very Happy in the forums..
Aimewitue
yeah this is a great idea
very useful Wink
Jamesoow
How Can I Request A Host
Bondings
Jamesoow wrote:
How Can I Request A Host

You need to have at least 5 quality non-spam posts in this forum and 10 Points to apply on your account page.
Herbz3
Nice Job Frihost team! Thank you for all the hard work that you do to keep the frihost site and forum going!
babumuchhala
Change the font please.

Change it to Terebuchet MS. It will look a lot better i can guaruntee.

Waiting for the Final Account Page Smile
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
Change the font please.

Please understand that I have done exactly no work on the design/font/images yet. I will first add more features and only then start to make it more attractive.
babumuchhala
Bondings wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
Change the font please.

Please understand that I have done exactly no work on the design/font/images yet. I will first add more features and only then start to make it more attractive.
Its just adding a simple html tag at the top & bottom. But then yes first build the whole page & then improve it. A lot better idea i would say

By the way whan is this directory thing comming. You have already put it on the forum page Smile
Bondings
babumuchhala wrote:
Bondings wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
Change the font please.

Its just adding a simple html tag at the top & bottom. But then yes first build the whole page & then improve it. A lot better idea i would say

By the way whan is this directory thing comming. You have already put it on the forum page Smile

Maybe in a few weeks or in a month.
Jeff_vella_leone
good job bondings that will defenetly make things easyer for everyone
hope when u have time, u look at the suggestion forum too
thank you a lot
a url to make thinks easyer
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=18
BrandonsMusic
I think its a great idea.
jongoldsz
I just used it, and it works well.
GiLaD
W0W! Really good idea... It will make registeration alot more comfortable and easy.
Thanks!
php_wizard_l33t
I like this would help drastically because all the noobs of the forum will know when they are accepted and will stop asking stupid questions like "When I am going to be given my hosting," and "Can you help me with my hosting, please, I haven't gotten it yet,"

Great addition, Bondings! Laughing
ChunkyBustout
Great idea! I can't say it looks great because the page is mostly blank Rolling Eyes

It's definately a step in the right direction!
Juppe
i think this host got good feauters Very Happy it's my first time to begin create my homepage at this site well the other site people have done is nice Wink
PLUZTEK
It is diffucult and very helpfull tha you gus do this[/b]
budazz
Quote:
Hosted members won't be able to do anything yet on that page. In the future, however, you will be able to do various other things, like submitting your website to the directory, changing your subdomain or canceling your account.

i like that offer i hope it will be on next week Very Happy