FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drive Size showing variations...!!

nivinjoy
Recently i have found a new problem happening in my system...!! I run Windows XP SP2..!!

My C: drive is showing variations in free space amount..!! that is if it is showing 503 MB free now,after some time it will show 32 MB free..!! Why is it happeing like this..??

Also in my Nod32 virus scan it shows pagefile is damaged...!! Does it have any connection with this problem..!!

Help me out guys so that i can solve this...!!
Phinx
Could this be that you have a system managed pagefile? Would make sense, as OS increses/decreases the pagefile on demand if you don't set a static size manually.
Fire Boar
You need to get rid of some of your data. Hard disks should always have a good few gigabytes to spare in order to remain healthy. I'd say about 5-10% of each partition should be kept free, if possible. Otherwise, you get awful fragmentation, even on non-fragmenting file systems such as ext3 (though as a Windows user, that last point is hardly something for you to worry about).

Just delete some stuff you don't need any more, or back it up to an external hard disk.