FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Losing postings and points - difficulties with posting

deanhills
I've been having serious problems with posting again tonight. In addition to time-outs, and being kicked out, almost continuously, I've lost in number of postings as well. Not sure what the problem is.

The first time when I lost a posting credit, I thought it was because instead of navigating away from the time-out Web page, I tried to refresh it. When I refreshed it, the posting went through, but I got neither credit for the posting, nor points for it and when I finally got back to the forum, I noticed that my name was not on the "last name posted" against the forum, the previous poster's name was still there. Then when I posted after and the exact same thing happened, i.e. I submitted the posting and it timed out. I navigated back to the forums page, and then when I returned and redid the posting, I got points for it, but no credit for the posting.

Not going well tonight! Are other people having problems as well?

PS: Just timed out again, and got kicked out after. But when I redid the posting this time round I got both credit for posting and points. Almost like Frihost is working in "bursts", it goes well for a few minutes, and then it slows down and the time-outs and kick-outs happen.
Bondings
I was hoping it was fixed after the changes I made yesterday. I changed some settings now, hopefully it'll work better now.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I was hoping it was fixed after the changes I made yesterday. I changed some settings now, hopefully it'll work better now.
Thanks Bondings. Looks as though we were completely down according to the Status Report. Hopefully all is well now as the red is now green. Smile
deanhills
I've posted for about an hour, 30 minutes of which was working and researching on one posting, so probably doesn't count. For the rest I did not make any progress as I must have been kicked out about 10 or more times. It took me about four times of being kicked out and timed out to get to this posting page and wonder whether I will get it up!

Hope you can do your magic!

PS: OK, when I submitted this page, it went through and everything worked well. Must have been the magic I mentioned that did it! Frihost thrives on positive thinking .... Smile
malcolmpreen
Just to follow this up.... I'm having troubles with forum access.

The index pages are slow to load... and sometimes when I click on a topic I get a blank page.. refresh normally fixes it... but it is frustrating to say the least. Posting has also been slow... but gets there eventually.

Just in case it matters, Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 3.5.3

Malcolm
deanhills
When I posted my last posting I lost points as well as credit for the posting, so that problem was a real big one for me tonight. That is about the fourth one or more maybe that I lost tonight, I'm not sure how many points. I then wanted to make mention of that in this posting and then the fun started. I got kicked out ... AGAIN and this time round it took me about 12 or more tries just to get the log-in screen up, and then to STAY in. As I got kicked out again when I reached the Frihost forum page.

Think this will be my last posting .... hope it gets posted ....

NO, it did not get posted, I got kicked out again, and took a long while to get back in again. WOW! Hopefully it will get posted now.

Hope Frihost gets better soon ....
Bondings
I've made my last changes. Seems to make it better, at least for now. If it still gives problems, I'll contact the server support, maybe they can figure out what's causing this problem.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I've made my last changes. Seems to make it better, at least for now. If it still gives problems, I'll contact the server support, maybe they can figure out what's causing this problem.
It is much better today. But not completely healed, almost completely healed. I have had a very long continuous session of about two hours. Right at the beginning I got kicked out twice, and a few of the Forum pages timed out. But then for the last hour, it was really good. I have not lost any postings or points. So from last night to date an enormous improvement. Many thanks Bondings, for all the hard work. Also to those moderators who are always in the background as well, doing the necessary that we can't see with the eyes, many thanks too.
Helios
This may not be relevant, but one suggestion which may help in some cases: write a draft in Word or even Notepad, only then copy and post it.
deanhills
Helios wrote:
This may not be relevant, but one suggestion which may help in some cases: write a draft in Word or even Notepad, only then copy and post it.
Thanks for the tip Helios. I've been using Notepad a lot, I also try and copy what I post before I submit the text.

By the way posting has been really great tonight. Completely effortless and super fast, not a single time-out or even a slow submission, all posts went through immediately and super fast. Thanks for all the hard work.