FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.htaccess problem in wordpress

metalfreek
I have successfully installed wordpress and everything is running smoothly. But when I tried to change the permalink of my post from the default, it said
Quote:
If your .htaccess file were writable, we could do this automatically, but it isn’t so these are the mod_rewrite rules you should have in your .htaccess file. Click in the field and press CTRL + a to select all.

Quote:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

I think it is due to the file permission policy in the server. I cannot decide the file to change the permission. Is there any way to do this? I am trying to change my permalink link in wordpress from the default one.

Oh! my blog is www.yourguide.frih.org I really need to change permalink.
AftershockVibe
If the file doesn't exist, you can create it via FTP (or probably DirectAdmin), then just copy and paste the code it wants in. Look to place the file in your root wordpress directory (probably "htdocs").
rvec
AftershockVibe wrote:
If the file doesn't exist, you can create it via FTP (or probably DirectAdmin), then just copy and paste the code it wants in. Look to place the file in your root wordpress directory (probably "htdocs").
Or make a .htaccess file and chmod 777 it so wordpress can make it itself.
metalfreek
AftershockVibe wrote:

Thanks for the help. I created a .htaccess file in the wordpress directory and set its permission to 777 and it worked.

Thanks a ton.
medesignz
thanks... this helped me too Smile
medesignz
has this stopped working for 3.0?