FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost down again?

deanhills
Looks as though Apache http of Server 3 was down? I could not access Frihost, and when I checked the Status Report it said 110 timed out.
Bondings
Yes, the server is having problems. The server seems to block after a while and stops responding to most new requests for pages. I'm trying to fix it at the moment.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Yes, the server is having problems. The server seems to block after a while and stops responding to most new requests for pages. I'm trying to fix it at the moment.
Extremely happy you are there Bondings and thanks for responding to this enquiry.
Bondings
I think I found the problem. A website seems to have been the target of a DDOS. Once removed (the site was not allowed anyway), the problem seems solved. Maybe this was also the target of the DDOS from the end of August.
deanhills
It's still not right. It times out more often than staying up as well as kicks me out more frequently where I have to log in from scratch. I probably timed out after every second message, and then could not get in for a few minutes. A new feature is that in addition to time-outs it takes quite long to access pages. I have quite a while to wait when I submit messages, change pages or I log in.

It has just happened now again. Fortunately I always copy the text before I submit the message, otherwise I loose the unsubmitted text completely.
Bondings
I changed a few settings while trying to solve the problem. Maybe those changes are making it worse. I'm taking a look at it.
deanhills
I'm not sure what you did, but there has been a noticeable improvement. Thanks Bondings.
Bondings
I haven't changed much yet, although hopefully it fixed the problems. Anyway, in a few hours there will be much more traffic and we'll see if it continues to be ok. Very Happy
deanhills
I forgot to log out for a number of hours, and was delighted when I refreshed my screen that I was still logged in. I then proceeded posting and there is a definite improvement. No "time-outs" or spontaneous log-outs. Looks as though we are on the roll again. Thanks for all the hard work. Smile