You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best soundtrack music?

I wanna hear your opinions on the best soundtrack you have ever heard, whether it's from a Game, Movie, TV Show, or anything else!

Very Happy
The soundtrack for Lost is pretty amazing. There are constant themes weaved through each episode, but it always seems fresh, and never drowns out the plot.
Braveheart. I think it's epic.
The OST of Pirates of the carribean is also very good, as are most of the musical works of Hans Zimmer. He's a genius.
if you are a metal fan

Queen of the Damned hands down
if you like hip hop

i would have to say

as im reading this post have a song from Days of thunder - by David Coverdale playing

21 - blackjack
The soundtrack for Ico is wonderful, in all its minimalistic glory.
Tarantino Movies have great soundtracks -- besides Kill Bill's and Pulp Fiction -- the Jackie Brown soundtrack is solid!
yeah, I would also say that pulp fiction has one of the best soundtracks i've ever heard!

But 21 and Pirates of the carribean have also great soundtracks.
The Day After Tomorrow
Mark Knopfler - Local Hero
I don't know if it's the best, but the soundtrack of Forrest Gump is definitely a must, both for all the cool songs from the 1960s and 70s and for the superb compositions by Alan Silvestri (listen to the latter here).
brokenadvice wrote:
The soundtrack for Lost is pretty amazing. There are constant themes weaved through each episode, but it always seems fresh, and never drowns out the plot.

I Agree, really all the soundtrack of Lost (the show as a whole) is very well done. But considering only the soundtrack of Lost, compared to other tracks from other shows, so I already disagree. I can cite for example Cod Case, all the songs are perfectly placed end, something only seen in Lost two or three times. I see it more in videos fans than the actual show. An example? It can be seen here:

I think the soundtrack for the movie New Moon was extremely well prepared. Especially the music of part of the passage of time for Bela, while separated from Edward, was a perfect choice, as well as the entire soundtrack of this film!
Classics for me

like Topgun, Days of thunder, armageddon
Older albums that I enjoyed are Armageddon and City of Angels.

Recently though I really like the 28 Weeks Later, more ambient and instrumental but more to my taste now.
Doctor Who soundtracks will continue to be good in my mind, but I recognise that they're not exactly the most standard thing.

Pirates is of course, great. Lord of the Rings, clearly a wonderful cinematic soundtrack.

The Indian in the Cupboard... there's one that was great back in the day. I can't remember whether or not there was actually a soundtrack, or if it was just the main theme from the movie, but it was very well done, and from memory, evoked a nice sense of mystery and grandeur.
I love Once's soundtrack. The song "Falling Slowly" won an Oscar. The songs in that movie are really, really beautiful.
Iggy Pop - Black Rain.
The soundtrack for King Arthur was pretty amazing. One of my favourites. It pretty much made the movie a couple of notches better for me.

For a fun soundtrack, I really liked the one for Marley & Me. It had some great catchy tunes.
I'd say Top Gun. Cheesy and old, but classic! Take My Breath Away.
I just bought the soundtrack for the musical episode of Buffy.

This will likely be played semi-constantly by me for a while.
Umm, well, I say in movies:

City of Angels
Pulp Fiction

And in games:
Golden Eye (N64)
Donkey Kong 2.
Im surprised no-one thought of this but

The Blues Brothers <---- amirite?

Fight Club also had a pretty mean sound track, as well as the FIRST season of Supernatural
The movie "Risky Business" was supposed to be a dumb summer movie, but the addition of Tom Cruise (who nobody hated yet) and the soundtrack (score) of Tangerine Dream made the movie a classic. And don't forget "Old Time Rock & Roll" scene.
Excellent movie soundtracks: Angel's Egg, Stalker, Solaris, The Man From London, The Return, Werckmeister Harmonies (All of which are marvellous movies.)

Excellent video game soundtracks: Saya no Uta, Okami, The Path, Ico, Machinarium, Silent Hill 2 (All but Silent Hill are amazing games/"games".)
Lost Highway, Angus, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill
the best soundtrack?
either Moulin Rouge! or jesus christ superstar (2000)
2001 A Space Odyssey - Wagner Theme, Also sprach Zarathustra
Da Rossa
My opinions are Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings. Two fantasticaly nice soundtracks. Top Gun is good too (which has shown me Joe Satriani's guitar).
Diablo 2 soundtrack, Hellsing soundtrack, Hitman (game) soundtrack. Man, those are all the soundtracks I've got on my play list, despite them being mostly simple music, but the emotion they carry is quite significant.

Oh, and how could I forget this one: Fallout!. I really love the feel of the F1 and F2 soundtracks, the music is very climatic. But I also have the F3 soundtrack with the catchy oldie tunes that you can hear on the Galaxy News Radio station and they're cool too.
I really liked the soundtrack of supernatural. I'm not that old but I really liked the old rock music.
The original soundtrack of Pokémon: The First Movie kept playing on my CD player for several months. So I'd definitely consider that one of the best soundtrack albums. Smile
That's a difficult choice.... a lot of classic games like Zelda and Castlevania have great soundtracks.
A r rahaman is the best who taking to this indian music in next level.
i love his composition and all of his songs.
they are really good and it catches your heart.
so listen all the a r rahams songs.
the best soundtrack is

In my opinion the soundtrack is the soundrack of the movie "Never Back Down".
My favourite song is Anthem For The Underdog by 12 Stones.
The soundtrack also contains songs by: Papa Roach, Rise Against, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Kayne West Feat Daft Punk and more....
My best soundtrack music of all times is "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal from Batman Forever.

Seal was great, I remember that year clearly. This song has really beautiful lyrics, you just can't forget them.

There are so many unforgettable songs..well if we talk about songs. But I think Lord of the rings and Star Wars are masterpieces in a world of orchestral soundtracks.
Best? That's hard.

The most epic soundtrack I'm familiar with is probably Lord of the Rings.
Mmm the Requiem for a dream is also amazing. And Morricone's film music.
I tend to like game soundtrack so I like the Assassins Creed soundtrack, especially from Brotherhood. I also like the Legend of Zelda soundtrack, I think from Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

As for movies... I did like the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack from the first movie with Robert Downy Jr. The same theme was carried out through most of the songs so I liked the consistency. They just changed it around to make it seem darker or lighter, slower and faster.
Since I'm a big fan of Danny Elfman, I tend to like all soundtracks from the movies he worked in (mostly Tim Burton movies). I also love the soundtrack from Disney's Sleeping Beauty (it's from Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty ballet!). Recently I added two movies soundtracks in my favorites: OST from The Lost Boys and from Stand by me. I love 80s music (every music in The Lost Boys OST) and doo-wop (almost everything in the Stand by me OST).

Favorite series OST: Darker than black - Ryuusei no gemini. I love this anime, but I love the OST even more. Usually I don't like anime soundtrack, but this is just so perfect that I can't help myself. My ring-tone is the opening song, "Tsukiakari no michishirube"

Now for the game part... I have three favorites: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis), NiGHTS into Dreams (Sega Saturn) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSONE). Dreams Come True is a Japanese band and they made a beautiful job with the Sonic OST. Every music is memorable and perfect for every stage. NiD got a very "dreamy" OST. I can't help but smile when I remember the songs. SotN got the best OST from the Castlevania series. Just go and listen to it. If you ever have the chance to play one of these games, don't think twice. They're fantastic experiences complete with awesome soundtracks. Very Happy
I´ll go with paolord - Supernatural[/quote]
Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid - Bob Dylan
Pirates of Carribean has some great soundtracks. Particularly like the battle soundtrack from the "Kraken attack"